Niomi Smart #37 I'm NOT an Influencer...Get Me Out of Here!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People on the comments saying niomi “works hard” and is only enjoying the her success.

Except, she doesn’t work hard. She’s disciplined with food and maybe pushes herself at a PB when running but I’m not sure living under the weight of your crippling neuroses is “working hard”

Britney Spears is someone who famously worked hard (and was open about how she was never allowed breaks or holidays)

JK Rowling manually typed out each of her HP manuscripts before sending it out to publishers to be rejected… thats working hard, and she was too poor to afford a printer so no trips to Mauritius for JK.

Einstein would disappear into his room for days at a time when working, and joked that the ideal occupation for him would be lighthouse keeper.

Being hardworking, being successful has **nothing** to do with holidaying. The reason it’s galling to so many people in the comments is because Niomi did. Not. Earn. That. Holiday.

she does not work hard. She did not earn that success. She was lucky. Lucky that she was born into the family she was. Lucky to have met Marcus. Fair play to her, if she wants to coast along on that then that’s her choice. life is hard so if she wants to take the easy route offered, that’s her choice.

But she can scream that she’s hardworking and get Bradley and others to join in, until they are blue in the face. it won’t make it true and won’t make people believe it when it’s obvious it’s not true.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
"Malicious" is a poor choice of words then because no one wants to harm her, people are simply pointing facts. She has become highly materialistic and has departed from her previous values. While I don't agree with posting vile comments on one's IG, I don't think these comments are "malicious" per se. Again, no one is trying to harm or bully her. There are no ulterior motives to these comments.
I think they’re choosing malicious purposely….Forky has probably been on Google again and found the Malicious Communications Act. If people really are sending stuff that would fall to be investigated under that then they deserve to be but telling an influencer she’s a fraud because she’s eating meat and grabbing the free leather bags despite being vegan and building a ‘career’ based on that isn’t malicious….they just don’t like to hear the truth

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I think they’re choosing malicious purposely….Forky has probably been on Google again and found the Malicious Communications Act. If people really are sending stuff that would fall to be investigated under that then they deserve to be but telling an influencer she’s a fraud because she’s eating meat and grabbing the free leather bags despite being vegan and building a ‘career’ based on that isn’t malicious….they just don’t like to hear the truth
im wondering if he’s egging her on too. She’s only seemed to be bothered by comments since she started dating him and specifically, when we know she’s in his company.

wouldn’t surprise me if he was jealous of her following, if he was insecure and belittled her, if he egged her on for the drama. Whatever is or isn’t happening, that man just gives off red flags to me.

Reactions: 28
As far as I know Niomi's dad has never been in the picture. Her mum had her when she was very young - 17/18. I don't know anything about her dad. I've never heard her talk about him

Anna is currently on a work trip to Sweden. I think that guy is a work colleague. I also think that JoAnna have been over for months - maybe since around July? - but I have no actual proof of this.
What does Anna do for work?

Reactions: 1
She really lives in her own little deranged planet. "Trying hard to do good" ...you are accepting all the free goods for yourself THAT is a big difference.
Being ambassador of women displaying your ass and your boyfriend's ass, showing everyday a shitshow of your life for public, whining and complaining whilst barely working and receiving only gifts ads or press trips...HOW in your EFFING MIND is THIS doing good? She damaged her brand/imagine and reputation the moment she flamingo posed with that douche. I have no respect for them both.
You want to show the world that you are dumb well be dumb. Don't whine later that everything crumbles, you had a warning. Daily Mail will be happy to follow your every step. Be an entertaining 🤡

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 10-28-46 Niomi Smart's Instagram Stats Summary Profile (Social Blade ...png

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) Living the life she's loving!
She lost 622 followers yesterday.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Haha. I don't think Forky would bothered looking at legal grounds before posting an IG story. The guy can't even spell a word without making a sentence. She probably looked it up herself - remember, she is a law graduate (lol).

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So she's been an influencer for a decade, is about to hit 30 but still doesn't grasp the fact that by putting yourself online you're exposed to comments from strangers. And not everyone is going to like you, it's a basic fact of life, so get over it.
And they always argue that the commenter is either jealous or deeply unhappy, not always true. People just love to gossip, it's not that deep. You provide content (or lack of in her case), people are allowed to criticise as they please. Don't like it? Go offline and say goodbye to the freebies.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
So she's been an influencer for a decade, is about to hit 30 but still doesn't grasp the fact that by putting yourself online you're exposed to comments from strangers. And not everyone is going to like you, it's a basic fact of life, so get over it.
And they always argue that the commenter is either jealous or deeply unhappy, not always true. People just love to gossip, it's not that deep. You provide content (or lack of in her case), people are allowed to criticise as they please. Don't like it? Go offline and say goodbye to the freebies.
NO free holidays?

b225611e8a556956a0b5f47a9cef5ec9.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think she did this to herself. For years, she spent energy and time working on a perfectly polished / curated image and tried to come across as "perfect". People didn't mind her much then. She was just another influencer, but was still rather bearable. However, she suddenly ditched all her previous values with no real transparency towards her followers, people are calling her out on her behaviour (this in addition to the lack of gratitude for all the freebies she's getting). I get people change as they grow old, but she is a public figure, so of course, people are going to question the sudden change of persona. When you go from supporting local sustainable brands in India to plastering a £3K Dior bag on your feed, it raises eyebrows, understandably so.

The fact that the negative comments are affecting her suddenly shows she's gotten insecure. She still had negative comments when she was with Joe, but she had a "strong" set of values and was content in her life that those negative comments probably didn't affect her much. Now, she's in a vulnerable position follow her break-up with Joe and she knows full well she lacked transparency and has been acting way out of character for people not to notice. She's purposefully gone over the top with Bradley and is fully aware of this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
They claim that they "deserve" the free vacation and all of the other stuff that comes with being an influencer on social media. As if it is a right. It will keep happening all the time, I'm sure, because brands will reach out to Niomi. And fair enough, companies can utilize influencer marketing all they want. But it still is a transaction and a business deal and not a simple favour by the brand OR the influencer. Putting #gifted or #prgift does not mean that it is a true gift though. It is given with conditions and expectation. And one of these conditions often is that the influencers need to share the experience and follow certain guidelines provided by the gifter. Noone gives Niomi free things in recognition of all the wonderful stuff she is doing or because she works hard, they do it because she has amassed a number of people she can potentially influence and want their product or service to be seen by those people.
The following Niomi amassed is the currency she pays the brand in. Her connection to her audience is the service she provides. Simple as that. It is quite literally THE thing influencers offer to all of these brands. It isn't like they work with influencers because they think they are such wonderful, hardworking people who deserve all the freebies. When brands gift stuff or experiences to people in need, with a serious illness, essential workers etc. they do so because they believe these people deserve it. Not with influencers though. Niomi must believe all this bs that brands send her about how they LOVE her content and how she is so INSPIRING and therefore want to give her things and all that bla bla. It is a business move and they are shmoozing her, nothing more nothing less. It is tragic if in fact she believes they are interested in her because they just love her as a person or are interested in her ethos and all of that stuff.
She has every right to not care what people think and just keep going with what she wants to do. But just like me showing up to work late, refusing to do certain tasks or not contributing in meetings will result in consequences to my job, her not listening to her audience, alienating them and not taking them seriously might impact hers. Simple as that.
If she wants to just live her life and not be bothered by people, that is fine. Just pull back from social media just a tad. Focus on doing what you love and post when you feel like it and not when you get things for free again. Easy as that!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I think she is someone who thrives on validation. You can tell she comes from a family where everything was handed to her, constant positive reinforcement and where she could do no wrong regardless of her behaviour. She's gonna get criticism regardless of the industry she's in, whether it's a 9-5 or influencing. It's part of life.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
1645272829774.jpeg

Thank you Bradley for this grammar lesson (coming from you, it’s quite ironic!). Nonetheless, in a correct language, we want to avoid tautology or pleonasm such as « for me personally ». We’re well aware you want to put yourself first, but let’s try not to emphasize that thought for once.

Secondly, a phrase is by definition a group of words, so thank you for trying to add new words to the dictionary, but let’s not get carried away.

Thirdly, could someone explain the last paragraph? I’ve tried my best already, but I still don’t understand.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
View attachment 1073373

Thank you Bradley for this grammar lesson (coming from you, it’s quite ironic!). Nonetheless, in a correct language, we want to avoid tautology or pleonasm such as « for me personally ». We’re well aware you want to put yourself first, but let’s try not to emphasize that thought for once.

Secondly, a phrase is by definition a group of words, so thank you for trying to add new words to the dictionary, but let’s not get carried away.

Thirdly, could someone explain the last paragraph? I’ve tried my best already, but I still don’t understand.
Man every time I think he's dumb, he just does something 100% dumber. What IS he on about?!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I know what he means but toning isn't a thing forky. This coupled with his awful calorie recommendations make him seem really outdated and unhealthy as a PT. Guess it works if his market is skinny females who dont know or want better...

Reactions: 18
Following her latest story, I bet she’s gonna post a dramatic reel this weekend or stay quiet for a couple of days.

Reactions: 8
Following her latest story, I bet she’s gonna post a dramatic reel this weekend or stay quiet for a couple of days.
I'm in for her being quiet for couple of days 🤗

View attachment 1073373

Wow...I mean ...the mambo jambo is one thing (perhaps a toddler could decipher) , but the font?? What the hell 🤣🤣

Feels like the old days
Screenshot_20220219-141859_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.