Niomi Smart #37 I'm NOT an Influencer...Get Me Out of Here!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was in college I used to work in sales and I wouldn't compare it to being an influencer at all. I didn't get free stuff or was send off on vacation in exchange of posting some pictures, I actually had to help people buy furniture and organize deliveries and massage their egos half the time, I also got to stand on my feet for 8+ hours a day while wearing a suit then at the end of the day I had to clean up the mess they left in the store till it was perfect for next morning's opening. So no.
Good point, maybe walking advertisement is a better term to describe them as they certainly don't work as hard a sales people, or any one earning an honest living!!

Reactions: 11
Niomi is like that sad old billboard by the roundabout as you leave town.

It’s been around for years and is a bit tired and outdated, but gets a lot of traffic just by virtue of being where it is.

advertisers still use it because, why not? It’s covering a base and better than letting your competitor use it.

but it’s sad and tired and boring and everyone is sick to death of seeing it every bloody time they cross that roundabout.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Oh I’m sure she’d take him back in a heartbeat, for the status at least, but that doesn’t necessarily mean she‘d never cheat on him with whoever. Someone like her gets bored eventually and her boredom with her life and Joe was starting to show in lockdown. People sometimes cheat because they’re bored with their relationship and they want a bit of excitement on the side, even though they may still love that person and want to stay with them. I can imagine her not having a lot patience with Joe, when he got depressed after losing his job. She probably got bored with Marcus when he started getting depressed too.
I don’t think she was bored though, she liked playing the wife and I think would have happily settled down as a mother in a big house doing a bit of influencing and travelling on the side. She’d satisfy the constant urge to be doing something by just running 10k a day and shopping/lunching before having kids. I think her and Marcus outgrew each other in a natural way that two people can if they get together young.

Reactions: 16
That white Dior bag is awful. Looks like one of those bag you see on old ladies from Boca Raton.

Reactions: 17
Before, a long long time ago (2016-2017-ish), I used to think that she had similarities with Emma Watson, especially her voice & accent and the causes she was supporting or rather promoting and talking about like SuStAinABle ClOthIng 👾🎃 Obviously, that was then and she made it so clear how huge the difference is between insta models who are otherwise overrated nothings and actual celebrities like actors/musicians, people who actually DO and CREATE something in their lives, but protect their privacy, like I don't know, not posting their actual location all the effing time for a million people to see and follow...! 🤦‍♀️
And concerning the Sustainable clothing thing, I can't take that tit anymore, most normal people in the world just use what their have, wear their clothes more than once, of course overconsumption is a massive issue, it's becoming out of control, but some youg, rich white girls promoting new workout gear made out of "suuuper soft cotton/lyocell/linen/whatever" every week and other unnecessary tit like gifted designer handbags she will only pose with for a pic, but not actually use as a bag, is so much worse!

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
CFCFF400-C59D-40CA-89DF-611FEEEDEB36.png

Am I the only one who wants to punch him in the face for this? Yes, hard work is often a requirement for success, but you can’t deny that luck plays a big role too, especially in the influencer business. Being at the right place at the right time is not a myth. Circumstances matter.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 78
Regarding the broken off engagement... she blindsided Marcus with the break up after a decade long (or whatever long relationship) so I call it karma in a way.
Maybe I am bias as I also called off an engagement. For me, it came to a point where my ex partner was a gambler, he lost a tit ton of money, kept on promising he would never do that again and yet he always did. I offered to put him rehab, he didn't want to go. So at that point that was the decision I had to make. he was wise enough that he was not gambling his living costs, but it was that bad that he had zero savings despite him working extra hours and saturdays and what not. For me it was that and the fact that I was always getting upset that I was doing everything in the house, like the cooking, the washing dishes etc etc. And at some point I was like "Do I want to be married to someone and still have to do everything?". And I simply decided that enough was enough. I have to admit, I would probably not ever seen all the toxicity I was in because I was in love with that person, but then I decided to let in my best friend on what was going on and she told me simply "Do you think something is going to change in the next year, or 5 years? You have been together for a decade and things went worse and worse and worse". And that's what really opened my eyes.
For me, Joe had the same thought process, he moved in with his brother and perhaps his brother started making him notice small things. Like the fact that she would shame him for wanting bread, maybe he also commented on him never being allowed meat or whatever, not for ethics but for support on his gf or simply because that's what she cooked so that was it. IMO Joe didn't really catch up on the toxicity of the relationship till lockdown happened and he was with her 24/7, but the brother really put into prospective for him.

You cannot blame a person for doing what is best for them, IMO Joe did what he had to do. And the fact that he let her speak her truth and never ever tried and speak back, for that he has my respect. My ex has been badmouthing me right left and center, and I have never said what lead to the break up because I don't feel it's my place to tell his family all he had done to me. And I am not doing it to protect him, I am doing it because I know that if his family were to know all the money he lost, all the things he did, they would be heartbroken and I honestly don't have it in me.

That doesn't mean that I don't feel any sympathy for Niomi, of course I feel sorry for her and what happen is really sad, but it would have been worse if they were to marry and then divorce a year later because he hated her guts. Or maybe after they had kids. He should not have proposed, but he did what he felt right at the time and then things just didn't work out.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
What a strange world we have...
Here I am, worried about the new energy prices.. Will I be able to pay everything each month? I want to do my best to use as little gas as possible for environmental reasons and cook in the microwave etc. but using those items is much much more expensive than cooking on gas. I am at home all day and have to use electricity to heat the house. How am I going to afford it, I am worried each month.

And here we have the Niomis and Bradleys of this world, who think they are entitled to a free vacation because they have 1.8M followers, but probably rather closer to 800k, the rest is probably emptys/bots.

I often feel hopeless, frustrated and more depressed when I see this. People think this is normal because it's so normalized that it seems normal, but it is not normal at all.

In this world... Only the people who matter matter...

Anyway,
I think all Tattlers together are worth at least 2M followers, too, right? When are we getting a free tattle holiday? A relaxing beach trip for all of us would be nice huh?

mr-bean-mr-beans-holiday.gif

• Heart
Reactions: 60
…for Niomi’s birthday?

View attachment 1065598

Totally agree! Like this photoshoot for her skincare line. Why does she have to pose like this when it comes to SKINCARE? The dress and the pose are so distasteful!

It also reminds me some comments about her book where people say that there are way more photos of her mug than the actual recipes 🤦🏻‍♀️

View attachment 1065599
that pose is awful, it looks stiff, overly posed and just so unnatural and uncomfortable....a lot of her poses do
models make their 'poses' look effortless and natural - it takes work - hers are so so awful
oh numbobs

• Haha
Reactions: 12
What do we think the “decisions” she has been putting off are? (Referred to in her new moon post, oh m🙄n)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Sounds about right.

View attachment 1065743
View attachment 1065744

Yes, did Bradley get you anything, except a free workout session?
View attachment 1065745
Vapid, vain, dumb, narcissistic...the truth is she has always been that way. She got lucky with having manager and people to do the work for her. Chick has not a single idea of her own. They just used the smart sustainable queen tag and made a fake bland brand for profit. But now when she needs to come up with something on her own...it is really shite. She is left with gifted items/press trips and even that she cannot do properly.
And that circus with the jungle? Clear evidence she is just a dumb chick that got lucky being with Marcus during the yt crowd era. The rest is just complete disaster. The pandemic rectified tremendously the "influencer" bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
They are still following each other. You have to type in the whole name and wait for a second.

What do we think the “decisions” she has been putting off are? (Referred to in her new moon post, oh m🙄n)
Whether she goes to a Pilates class or yoga. Whether she eats 6 blueberries or 7. Whether she gets up at 6am for her aimless wander around London or is really cheeky and stays in bed until 6:30 (gasp!)

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Vapid, vain, dumb, narcissistic...the truth is she has always been that way. She got lucky with having manager and people to do the work for her. Chick has not a single idea of her own. They just used the smart sustainable queen tag and made a fake bland brand for profit. But now when she needs to come up with something on her own...it is really shite. She is left with gifted items/press trips and even that she cannot do properly.
And that circus with the jungle? Clear evidence she is just a dumb chick that got lucky being with Marcus during the yt crowd era. The rest is just complete disaster. The pandemic rectified tremendously the "influencer" bullshit.
To me, an influencer has absolutely nothing to be jealous or envious of. Being sent freebies and posting some sponsored contents for money are nice temporarily, but this « job » totally disconnects those people from reality. They are not aware of a what normal life is, always asking for more, when the only motivation is money. I assume not all influencers are this way, but they work for the same industry where appearance and hypocrisy are essential to make the business work. Lots of them get followers literally from sitting on their arse, because they know someone that can do the work for them.

As for Niomi, she always gives someone or something the responsibility of her actions. Her broke up was caused by a Saturn return, her life is guided by a bunch of signs, every time she said « Bradley made me do this », her jungle experience has ended thanks to her rings, her decisions will be made with a full Moon, etc. Nothing wrong with believing in all of this, but sometimes, I think it’s important to be more rational and responsible, more mature by taking actions instead of waiting for some signs to « do the job » for us.

1645015591114.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
View attachment 1065941
Am I the only one who wants to punch him in the face for this? Yes, hard work is often a requirement for success, but you can’t deny that luck plays a big role too, especially in the influencer business. Being at the right place at the right time is not a myth. Circumstances matter.
like the column written by Mary Schmich and later remixed by Baz Luhrman in “everybody’s free to wear sunscreen”;

“Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance. So are everybody else's.”

Bradley really is insufferabley arrogant. Sure maybe he does work hard, but he also is super lucky. Lucky to be male. Lucky to be white. Lucky to be able bodied. Lucky to have access to free healthcare and education. You get my drift.

it’s sheer arrogance and delusion to dismiss all that and insist everything you have, is purely down to hard work. It never is. You can be the hardest working person on earth and still achieve success because of luck. You can be the hardest working person and still be unsuccessful because of poor luck.

I just cannot with people like him.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.