Niomi Smart #15 Felt cute, might spread Covid later

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every time she posts cringy videos like this I like to think Joeyyyyyyyyy and his brother just sit rolling in laughter at her while drinking beer and eating carbs šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
AHahah.. for sure.. also I'm so distracted by that "burning barn" decor.. gezus what crappy cheese taste.. she's really a mouse living her dream life.šŸ§€

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
She must have, what, 8 genuine 'fans' left? And she squanders the few supportive comments she gets by ignoring them.

Also, @palmer, I just want to say that your incisive, witty, intelligent posts never disappoint. Thank you for providing us all with the much-needed entertainment.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Also, @palmer, I just want to say that your incisive, witty, intelligent posts never disappoint. Thank you for providing us all with the much-needed entertainment.
ohhhh šŸ„°ā¤ Thank you so much, and glad I could provide some entertainment šŸ˜‚šŸ˜˜šŸ˜˜ You know... these forums get a bad rep and while I admittedly can see why, I honestly do think they provide a platform for some truly insightful and interesting conversations around the ā€˜newā€™ public sphere that is social media. Itā€™s telling that many of the issues we pointed out to years ago are now being legislated about by governments around the world, eg undisclosed sponsorships or the displaying of children on the internet. Back in the day influencers would have complained that the people on ā€œhate forumsā€ were being unfair for saying that they disclose when they were being paid to name a product, but clearly we were raising legitimate concerns. I also find it funny how all these influencers seem to think that the people behind the forums are just a bunch of lonely, bitter losers when itā€™s pretty clear to me that many of us are actually highly educated (often far more than the influencers in question), well-rounded individuals. I would just love for them to know what I (and you all) do in real-lifeā€”I bet they wouldnā€™t believe it. Seems to me like the very reason most of us end up here is because we actually have critical thinking skills and a capacity to question/analyze the content we consume, which is actually so essential. Influencers like Niomi would like their viewers/followers to just remain passive consumers, to swallow everything they throw at them without giving it a second thought, but thatā€™s not the reality and should never be.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
AHahah.. for sure.. also I'm so distracted by that "burning barn" decor.. gezus what crappy cheese taste.. she's really a mouse living her dream life.šŸ§€
Does each room in that house has a different theme? because what the eff is going on that room.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Does each room in that house has a different theme? because what the eff is going on that room.
I didn't even see it until you pointed it out, that's some mental camouflage. Like those Saw movies, each room is a separate puzzle...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Someone (from here?) posted a comment about dating a 'nice doctor from your comments' on one of her posts - who was it?! :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: 5
ohhhh šŸ„°ā¤ Thank you so much, and glad I could provide some entertainment šŸ˜‚šŸ˜˜šŸ˜˜ You know... these forums get a bad rep and while I admittedly can see why, I honestly do think they provide a platform for some truly insightful and interesting conversations around the ā€˜newā€™ public sphere that is social media. Itā€™s telling that many of the issues we pointed out to years ago are now being legislated about by governments around the world, eg undisclosed sponsorships or the displaying of children on the internet. Back in the day influencers would have complained that the people on ā€œhate forumsā€ were being unfair for saying that they disclose when they were being paid to name a product, but clearly we were raising legitimate concerns. I also find it funny how all these influencers seem to think that the people behind the forums are just a bunch of lonely, bitter losers when itā€™s pretty clear to me that many of us are actually highly educated (often far more than the influencers in question), well-rounded individuals. I would just love for them to know what I (and you all) do in real-lifeā€”I bet they wouldnā€™t believe it. Seems to me like the very reason most of us end up here is because we actually have critical thinking skills and a capacity to question/analyze the content we consume, which is actually so essential. Influencers like Niomi would like their viewers/followers to just remain passive consumers, to swallow everything they throw at them without giving it a second thought, but thatā€™s not the reality and should never be.
So sososo true! If they could see pictures of the people criticizing them, and the lives we lead theyā€™d see most of us are not the ā€œstereotypical viewerā€. These people donā€™t realize what most people have to do to get decent employment. Which is WORKING REALLY HARD, (just like the influencers say they do). When youā€™re making so much money so easily, Iā€™m sure they do have a ā€œgod likeā€ persona they subconsciously subscribe to. The hardest part about being an influencer is youā€™re ability to take criticism and transform in. NONE of these people are capable of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She just posted a pick of her at that bora bora place saying canā€™t wait to go back. I donā€™t get people who fly around the world to stay at an eco resort. Isnā€™t that a contradiction?

• Heart
  • Haha
She just posted a pick of her at that bora bora place saying canā€™t wait to go back. I donā€™t get people who fly around the world to stay at an eco resort. Isnā€™t that a contradiction?
Yep. You could say "Isnā€™t that a contradiction?" about most stuff Niomi does and says to be fair:

Niomi:
"I'm not here to sell"
"I had to be selfish to heal and I'm never selfish"
"I didn't even realise I thought I was living a fairytale life"
"I'm an introvert"

Also Niomi:
Take numerous regular brand deals which aren't declared properly with the sole intention of selling as much as possible
Interprets the covid rules as she sees fit for her own needs (switching bubbles, not isolating for a least a bit when she left London for Xmas)
Literally called Joe "her prince charming" on the regular
Sets up camera to capture them with her legs wrapped around Joe snogging and then posts it online

Like Quote

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Yep. You could say "Isnā€™t that a contradiction?" about most stuff Niomi does and says to be fair:

Niomi:
"I'm not here to sell"
"I had to be selfish to heal and I'm never selfish"
"I didn't even realise I thought I was living a fairytale life"
"I'm an introvert"

Also Niomi:
Take numerous regular brand deals which aren't declared properly with the sole intention of selling as much as possible
Interprets the covid rules as she sees fit for her own needs (switching bubbles, not isolating for a least a bit when she left London for Xmas)
Literally called Joe "her prince charming" on the regular
Sets up camera to capture them with her legs wrapped around Joe snogging and then posts it online

Like Quote
I actually, unfortunately, watched her Cambridge Roadtrip video last night. She goes on about how she couldn't own a petrol car and it would have to be electric to align with her beliefs - didn't she have a gifted Jaguar for a bit, followed by the gifted Range Rover diesel?!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I actually, unfortunately, watched her Cambridge Roadtrip video last night. She goes on about how she couldn't own a petrol car and it would have to be electric to align with her beliefs - didn't she have a gifted Jaguar for a bit, followed by the gifted Range Rover diesel?!
I know nothing about cars, but wasn't she somehow claiming the range rover was eco friendly?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I remember in an older video she made a big song and dance about a gifted car having vegan interior rather than leather, but she has a calfskin bag? What are these 'beliefs' that she has? Petrol not ok, but in normal times taking flights every month often long haul too is fine? The mental gymnastics required to reconcile all these things and make out you have some kind of 'ethical beliefs' is nuts tbh.

Reactions: 29
Every time she posts cringy videos like this I like to think Joeyyyyyyyyy and his brother just sit rolling in laughter at her while drinking beer and eating carbs šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
All these photos remind me of what I call "instagram girl yoga". People (mainly girls thinking they look good doing it) trying to do "poses" they think will look impressive on Instagram. The alignment is often bad, and they are putting pressure on joints, but it makes them look advanced. You often see it in classes with people who refuse to do modifications. You aren't meant to aim for a final "pose" in yoga. It is all about the benefits to your body of doing those movements, so if you aren't doing them right, you aren't actually getting those benefits.

Anyway, small rant over, move on!

• Heart
I used to wonder why she didn't want to do ballet instead of yoga... It's a much better workout; she has the body type for it & nothing is more "Audrey" than ballet.
But then I realized she probably doesn't want to become "too muscular" and get "ugly feet" lol.

Reactions: 12
Many sleepless nights? She must mean that sheā€™s still getting breakup insomnia because she sure as hell isnā€™t pulling allnighters over work! No videos for a whole month.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Apologies in advance but rant ahead -

Okay so I never thought I was going to post this but for the last week I have been really unwell. I had aches/pains, feeling hot (without actually having a high temperature), stomach pain and tingling all over my body. I spoke to two different doctors, the first one last Thursday told me that I didn't have classic Covid symptoms and advised me to ring back if I got more severe symptoms. When I got worse on Saturday the second doctor told me I probably had gastroenteritis. Neither recommended going for a Covid test. On Sunday evening I still had all the same symptoms. Around midnight I woke up with bad chest pain (along with all the other symptoms), by 5am I was in agony as it felt like someone had repeatedly stamped on my chest. I called 111 and the doctor told me he was going to get me an ambulance as it sounded like I was possibly going to have a heart attack in the next hour. I was filled with complete anxiety, scared of what lay ahead.

Upon arriving at the hospital around 6am, they didn't know whether I had Covid or not so they put me on the ward with all the Covid patients. As I was deemed too high a risk to be put with the 'normal' other patients. Over the next few hours I had various blood tests, ECG's, blood pressure tests, temperature checks, a cannula inserted into my arm and a chest X-Ray. After about an hour of being admitted I was told it was time for my first Covid test. Please bear in mind I have a phobia of choking and I find it very difficult to swallow tablets generally. So having a swab put in my mouth made me freak out a bit, aside from all the additional anxiety I had from being ill all week not knowing if I had Covid or not, doctors not taking me seriously and a possible heart attack. The test was very difficult and I hadn't had a drink since 10pm the previous night, so my mouth was very dry. The test was horrid, it took a few attempts but I finally managed. Around an hour and a half later I was told my Covid test wasn't conclusive enough and I would need to do a second one much to my horror. I asked the nurse for a drink of water, thinking it might help if my mouth wasn't as dry as the first attempt. She refused saying water could wash away some of the potential Covid. Then the other nurse came to take my second test. She starting shouting at me, telling me to put my hands behind my back (I felt like I was being arrested!) as she told me she thought I might get violent with her due to my earlier struggle with the first test. I was crying hard at this point and I tried to reassure her I wasn't but I was just really scared/anxious. She told me to get a grip and that I wasn't helping by prolonging the procedure whilst shoving the swab repeatedly in my mouth.

To cut a very long story short my Covid test came back negative and all my other tests were clear. It turns out I have a very bad viral infection and I need to rest for the next two weeks. A lot of the chest pain was to do with my anxiety around my initial symptoms. So I was allowed to go home seven hours later. During my time on the Covid ward new people were being admitted every 25 minutes which was scary to see and nearly all of them around me were positive, so I was really worried I may catch something. One guy who was in the bed opposite me was 34 years old. He came in coughing and within around an hour he had an oxygen mask on as he could barely breathe. It was heartbreaking to see.

I think the point I am trying to make here is that it angers me so much that all these influencers (Niomi included) for the last few months have been swanning around without a care in the world. Breaking rules, not wearing masks or staying at home. Thinking none of this guidance applies to them. Moaning about how the restrictions are making their lives difficult. After having such a horrific time in that Covid ward yesterday, I wish more people would realise how deadly this virus is and how it is very real.

Sorry for the rant but I was angry with Niomi before but experiencing this has taken my anger to her and these stupid influencers to a whole new level.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
So sorry to hear about your absolutely frightening experience, @slothella22 . I'm glad you don't have COVID and are home now, but it sounds terrifying.

You're right to be even angrier at idiots like Niomi. I'm fortunate enough to be able to wfh and I don't go out except for the absolutely essential grocery run, I even plan everything so I only go once every two weeks. It's the least I can do. Do I miss restaurants and shops and whatever? Sure. But I won't die if I stay in for some months. What's their excuse? Niomi could easily have sat in her Mom's mansion, go for nice isolated walks, keep pushing products on instagram since the breakup back in August. She chose to prance around London like a total bell end for the next four months. I bet the second London goes back to Tier 3, she'll be out of Sussex like a lightning.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.