Niomi Smart #15 Felt cute, might spread Covid later

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the reasons she’s having to “worker harder” for motivation during this lockdown is because SHE HAS NOTHING to work on.

Presumably before she had her “skincare” line and Joey to babysit. It must be hard to fill your days when you have literally NOTHING to do but downward dog. What most people do just in between their work is her entire existence 😂😂😂

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Niomi is allowing herself to have little breaks during the day, wow well done Niomi. Make sure you give yourself a break from having a break. It's such a hard life being you. Influencer culture needs to be stopped. These people have no idea of the real world and how hard it is.

Reactions: 39
Every time she posts cringy videos like this I like to think Joeyyyyyyyyy and his brother just sit rolling in laughter at her while drinking beer and eating carbs 😂🤣
Haha the 3rd screenshot perfectly captures how her head and neck are always protruding forwards, she does this a lot, straining or general bad posture I don't know but it looks bad.

Reactions: 7
I think the reasons she’s having to “worker harder” for motivation during this lockdown is because SHE HAS NOTHING to work on.

Presumably before she had her “skincare” line and Joey to babysit. It must be hard to fill your days when you have literally NOTHING to do but downward dog. What most people do just in between their work is her entire existence 😂😂😂
Man, it must be so boring to be her. Joey should feel incredibly lucky that he'd managed to escape before this lockdown started 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Most people right now aren’t worried about ‘motivation’ because they have to do things. Does she think parents who are struggling financially to put food on the table and keep a roof over their kids heads are at all concerned with being ‘motivated’ to work? More like most people are desperate to keep their jobs and homes. Having to worry about motivation like it’s a choice you have is a privilege in itself. So freaking tone deaf yet again. And on that note I see she’s said nothing about the abysmal £5 worth of food that the government’s supposed £30 children’s lunchboxes are providing.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She's started her own skincare brand which so far has been a flop, I mean is that not enough motivation for her to work harder? Probably had very little input which is why she's so indifferent and lazy. Ren and Origins probably pay more.

Reactions: 7
Most people right now aren’t worried about ‘motivation’ because they have to do things. Does she think parents who are struggling financially to put food on the table and keep a roof over their kids heads are at all concerned with being ‘motivated’ to work? More like most people are desperate to keep their jobs and homes. Having to worry about motivation like it’s a choice you have is a privilege in itself. So freaking tone deaf yet again. And on that note I see she’s said nothing about the abysmal £5 worth of food that the government’s supposed £30 children’s lunchboxes are providing.
I'm 'motivated' as I desperately need to hold onto my job! What a joke.

Of course she wouldn't post about those free food hampers and the scam they are - I raised some of the issue in a polite PM via Instagram and she (or her team) literally blocked me a few months back. Disgraceful.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I won't criticize her for feeling unmotivated because that could well be true, even if she's super privileged she could still feel like tit. In between her life lacking any real purpose and how poorly she has managed the breakup, I wouldn't doubt she could have some form of depression/anxiety.

However, I DO criticize her for posting about that in her classic woe is me, how I suffer manner when 99.9% of people are objectively faring a lot worse than she is. Why does she need to put up a post about her lack of motivation? Why not instead post about food banks to donate to, charities, etc? She's too stupid to read the room.

ETA: She's also too dumb to proofread her posts. "I'm having to worker harder." Say what, Ms. Lawyer? And yes, we all make grammar mistakes on occasion or have typos go unnoticed. But this is her job. What else will she be doing today, work wise?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I get it, she posts about having no motivation so when she gets up early to do yoga and journal, she can feel extra accomplished. “I didn’t want to, but I forced myself to do it!” When in reality all she did was fart.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
i've always been the sort of person even personally in my inner circles to refrain from being quick to judge someone and allow them the benefit of doubt until proven wrong. but that video about her not being "one of those influencers" who sell stuff is just so jarring. i wonder if it is indeed being in lockdown that's so frustrating that you don't feel creatively stimulated to produce content. as a creative person, i know that to express myself i need to feel something and it's hard to feel much more than frustration, boredom or gloom when in lockdown. but then to resort to devoting, i'd estimate 80%, of your feed to selling things when you think of yourself as NOT "one of those influencers"... won't that confuse your followers because not only have you contradicted yourself, you're doing so WITHOUT explanation (e.g., hey guys, i know i said i wouldn't just sell stuff, but i could use the cash, or i'm just facing a creative block for the moment, etc.), but most importantly - like she herself pointed out in her influencer video, her audience comes to her NOT for recommendations on what latest thing to buy but for lifestyle, travel, etc.?

celebrities don't connect with their "fans" for lack of a better word, like influencers do. so i wonder why as an influencer you'd be tight lipped with your audience, hold back so much, leave so much UNSAID... i get that for celebrities because their audiences are massive and it's in their interest to have an air of mystery around them. but influencers capitalise on relatability and connecting with their audiences. i'd even understand someone like zoe sugg acting the way celebs do because she has that kind of following, but niomi? why the mind games, secrecy, distance? and if you ARE the kind of person who is reticent by nature, aren't you in the wrong profession?

i imagine these are questions she must be wrestling with in the last few weeks, or so i hope. it would show that she's capable of introspection, criticism and the caveats of being "one of those influencers".

edited to add - i'm not sure i've conveyed just how surprised i am at her recent content... it's ad after gift after ad after gift. i completely understood what she was saying when she uploaded the influencer video. and now i'm flabbergasted (i don't use that word lightly lol). how do you reconcile with yourself that you've become exactly what you almost looked down upon in that video? at LEAST help your audiences understand instead of coming across as inauthentic. who is going to buy these things? here's the truth - she uploaded a video fresh after her breakup, it was about her skincare+makeup routine or something. i bought the things she passionately talked about - chantecaille tinted moisturiser + biossance eye cream and ALMOST bought the code8 product but ran out of my budget because you'll see those products i bought were quite expensive by themselves. i thought here is niomi smart and let me for once buy this thing she's talking about. knowing her, i'm sure she uses them all the time or she wouldn't recommend them........................................... she never talked about them again. and has made many makeup routine videos since then. i really like the brands. i'm happy i came by them. but... sigh. anyway, i've already written a lot, pat your back if you got this far hehe. stay safe xx

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
She's started her own skincare brand which so far has been a flop, I mean is that not enough motivation for her to work harder? Probably had very little input which is why she's so indifferent and lazy. Ren and Origins probably pay more.
I guess it’s not. Which is WEIRD!!

Then again this girl has done nothing but put out one lazy video a week for years. She’s never had much hustle🙄

Reactions: 3
I haven't watched that video ( they are all so painful to watch these days) so if she's not an influencer than what is she according to her? She's not a model or a celeb, she's not anything really.
"Not an influencer" Niomi:

___246-7c686f8eb8d785160ba3906621dad097.png

___247-cceb5cf08bbfbf85e64b564b9e9a0363.png

"it's this whole question of influencing i think that i struggle with, i think like sometimes i have major freakouts and i'm like why am i doing this because the way i see influencing now and social media content creation for me, sometimes i see it as just selling stuff like, when i'm scrolling through instagram or youtube, i feel like a lot of content is aimed at just like asking followers to buy stuff and like... look at how amazing this product is that that person has definitely never used before and you know they've just been given a fee, like that's where i struggle with it because it's not my intention and it never has been and to be honest it never will be"

Also Niomi:
___254-041532c40378a30533985759f0fb04aa.png

No commentary needed. It just speaks for itself. She is utterly delusional about who she is and what she does.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 61
I would imagine her income has taken a real dive over the past year and she's probably shitting bricks about it. Money and free stuff used to just flow in, but now she's down to taking mop brand deals. She has money in the bank, obviously, but that won't last forever, and most 'normal' jobs would not fund an influencer lifestyle. Especially not yoga teaching!

Owning a skincare brand probably means fewer skincare brand deals in future, if any. So what does that leave her? Apparently it's calfskin bags and cleaning gear. Says it all, doesn't it? Where do you go from there?!

Reactions: 23
I would imagine her income has taken a real dive over the past year and she's probably shitting bricks about it. [...] Where do you go from there?!
You’re so right. And much as I sometimes pray for an easier life, you couldn’t pay me to be a fading influencer these days. The panic must be setting in.

Reactions: 16
You’re so right. And much as I sometimes pray for an easier life, you couldn’t pay me to be a fading influencer these days. The panic must be setting in.
I also wonder if in Niomi’s case in particular, getting engaged to Joe spurred her on with the skincare range because she thought she was about to marry up. She must’ve lost so much work bringing out her own line, and surely her management would know that even if she was naive about it. I bet she’s been turning down jobs etc - then the sudden wild influx of tonnes of ads when they split and she realised she had to try and pick up work again. But damage must’ve already been done.

Reactions: 21
I think when she was with Joe she didn't feel as much of a need to accept brand deals, whether consciously or unconsciously. In her mind she thought she was set up for life--they would buy a place together and he would support her lifestyle for the rest of their lives, no matter what happened with her career. She probably knew she could afford to be more selective, which coincided with her desire to be a more 'high-end' influencer (sorry, not-an-influencer). After they broke up she probably panicked and realized that, from there on, she only had her own bank account to rely on. Now she just accepts anything that comes her way. Even brands that are direct competition to her own skincare range (Origins) or brands that completely cheapen her image (cleaning supplies). I don't think she would be as inclined to do this if Joe (or any other guy with a hefty bank account) was still around.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
ohhhh 🥰❤ Thank you so much, and glad I could provide some entertainment 😂😘😘 You know... these forums get a bad rep and while I admittedly can see why, I honestly do think they provide a platform for some truly insightful and interesting conversations around the ‘new’ public sphere that is social media. It’s telling that many of the issues we pointed out to years ago are now being legislated about by governments around the world, eg undisclosed sponsorships or the displaying of children on the internet. Back in the day influencers would have complained that the people on “hate forums” were being unfair for saying that they disclose when they were being paid to name a product, but clearly we were raising legitimate concerns. I also find it funny how all these influencers seem to think that the people behind the forums are just a bunch of lonely, bitter losers when it’s pretty clear to me that many of us are actually highly educated (often far more than the influencers in question), well-rounded individuals. I would just love for them to know what I (and you all) do in real-life—I bet they wouldn’t believe it. Seems to me like the very reason most of us end up here is because we actually have critical thinking skills and a capacity to question/analyze the content we consume, which is actually so essential. Influencers like Niomi would like their viewers/followers to just remain passive consumers, to swallow everything they throw at them without giving it a second thought, but that’s not the reality and should never be.
Agree with your whole post, and yes their dream is definitely for everyone to be a passive consumer - spot on.

So sososo true! If they could see pictures of the people criticizing them, and the lives we lead they’d see most of us are not the “stereotypical viewer”. These people don’t realize what most people have to do to get decent employment. Which is WORKING REALLY HARD, (just like the influencers say they do). When you’re making so much money so easily, I’m sure they do have a “god like” persona they subconsciously subscribe to. The hardest part about being an influencer is you’re ability to take criticism and transform in. NONE of these people are capable of that.
Definitely one (of many) who perceives themselves to be well above their audience. Always a big mistake.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I think it’s strange how Niomi hasn’t invested in property. Maybe she has but I’m sure if she would she would’ve mentioned it...? Even my partner and I have a 2 bed flat we rent out and we’re not made of money, it’s just something we wanted to have as a financial move (we also rent but in the city). Agreed with the above that she probably thought she was ‘set’ with Prince Joe. If she can’t even help with moving house there’s no way she’ll buy a house 🙄

Totally off topic but my partner and I got engaged over the holidays ☺ wanted to share with my favourite Tattle fam 💕 (dog lead is hanging off my thumb and as you can tell by the unevenness of my nails, I was well surprised — haha!)

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Apologies in advance but rant ahead -

Okay so I never thought I was going to post this but for the last week I have been really unwell. I had aches/pains, feeling hot (without actually having a high temperature), stomach pain and tingling all over my body. I spoke to two different doctors, the first one last Thursday told me that I didn't have classic Covid symptoms and advised me to ring back if I got more severe symptoms. When I got worse on Saturday the second doctor told me I probably had gastroenteritis. Neither recommended going for a Covid test. On Sunday evening I still had all the same symptoms. Around midnight I woke up with bad chest pain (along with all the other symptoms), by 5am I was in agony as it felt like someone had repeatedly stamped on my chest. I called 111 and the doctor told me he was going to get me an ambulance as it sounded like I was possibly going to have a heart attack in the next hour. I was filled with complete anxiety, scared of what lay ahead.

Upon arriving at the hospital around 6am, they didn't know whether I had Covid or not so they put me on the ward with all the Covid patients. As I was deemed too high a risk to be put with the 'normal' other patients. Over the next few hours I had various blood tests, ECG's, blood pressure tests, temperature checks, a cannula inserted into my arm and a chest X-Ray. After about an hour of being admitted I was told it was time for my first Covid test. Please bear in mind I have a phobia of choking and I find it very difficult to swallow tablets generally. So having a swab put in my mouth made me freak out a bit, aside from all the additional anxiety I had from being ill all week not knowing if I had Covid or not, doctors not taking me seriously and a possible heart attack. The test was very difficult and I hadn't had a drink since 10pm the previous night, so my mouth was very dry. The test was horrid, it took a few attempts but I finally managed. Around an hour and a half later I was told my Covid test wasn't conclusive enough and I would need to do a second one much to my horror. I asked the nurse for a drink of water, thinking it might help if my mouth wasn't as dry as the first attempt. She refused saying water could wash away some of the potential Covid. Then the other nurse came to take my second test. She starting shouting at me, telling me to put my hands behind my back (I felt like I was being arrested!) as she told me she thought I might get violent with her due to my earlier struggle with the first test. I was crying hard at this point and I tried to reassure her I wasn't but I was just really scared/anxious. She told me to get a grip and that I wasn't helping by prolonging the procedure whilst shoving the swab repeatedly in my mouth.

To cut a very long story short my Covid test came back negative and all my other tests were clear. It turns out I have a very bad viral infection and I need to rest for the next two weeks. A lot of the chest pain was to do with my anxiety around my initial symptoms. So I was allowed to go home seven hours later. During my time on the Covid ward new people were being admitted every 25 minutes which was scary to see and nearly all of them around me were positive, so I was really worried I may catch something. One guy who was in the bed opposite me was 34 years old. He came in coughing and within around an hour he had an oxygen mask on as he could barely breathe. It was heartbreaking to see.

I think the point I am trying to make here is that it angers me so much that all these influencers (Niomi included) for the last few months have been swanning around without a care in the world. Breaking rules, not wearing masks or staying at home. Thinking none of this guidance applies to them. Moaning about how the restrictions are making their lives difficult. After having such a horrific time in that Covid ward yesterday, I wish more people would realise how deadly this virus is and how it is very real.

Sorry for the rant but I was angry with Niomi before but experiencing this has taken my anger to her and these stupid influencers to a whole new level.
What an awful experience, I'm relieved for you that you tested negative for covid19, viral infections are still very nasty so i hope you feel stronger soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.