Niomi Smart #15 Felt cute, might spread Covid later

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is there someone in her flat filming her talk about a mop. How is this essential. Has she ever heard of a tripod.
Exactly, Glameroo again. I love how she gives the disclaimer that it was filmed before lockdown, yet it was still Tier 4 in London!

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Honest question: do you guys think Niomi reads a newspaper ever? Because it certainly doesn’t seem like it.

What kind of an adult chooses to be so unaware of what’s happening in the world around them 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
But... but... when would she have time to read newspapers?! She's SO busy. She's exhausted. Even lifting a newspaper page would be too much for her after her early morning run!

In all seriousness, she gives zero figs about the world unless it's related to her making more money/getting more adoration. She's lazy and can't be arsed to actually do the hard work.

I used to think she at least occasionally mentioned the "real world bad stuff", like when she talked about the refugee crisis in a Vlogmas video. It seemed like she was doing at least a tiny more than your garden variety of influencer. But I've learned a bit more myself and see it for the performative allyship it was. You can't genuinely care if you're not willing to spend the time doing the work, the learning. And we've seen she's all about the shortcuts when it comes to educating herself, Ms. A 200 Hr Yoga Training Has Made Me a Master.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
CC5712C0-19B0-4794-867A-A9331FD100F1.jpeg
4BD8F6BE-1D69-4704-B95D-70BE1FF8C7E4.jpeg

You love to see it.
Hopefully people are finally seeing through her false rhetoric.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Her estimated earnings are very low. Presume this is based on video views rather than sponsorships.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Her estimated earnings are very low. Presume this is based on video views rather than sponsorships.
Yeah, I think this is what she'd made based on adsense and similar, not what she makes per product mention based on her influencer rates.

Reactions: 6
- Step 1: gets overwhelming backlash over something (in this case, the last vlogmas)
- Step 2: shuts all criticism down (disables/deletes comments, doesn't address anything)
- Step 3: disappears for a while (a good 3 weeks off will have the silly followers forget anything)
- Step 4: comes back as though nothing ever happened (usually with sponsored content)
It's the classic influencer move, and it pisses me right off. She'll never address people's comments, she'll never acknowledge what she's done/said, and she'll never face any consequences for all the bullshit she's pulled throughout this pandemic. She's just waiting for people to forget and the criticism to die down. She never even bothered to 'finish' vlogmas (not that it ever really properly started) and she's skipped two Sunday uploads (let's see if she actually uploads tomorrow). If she posts another undisclosed AD tomorrow and/or goes on about how she's had sooo much work this year and had to take some "well deserved time off," I swear my blood is going to boil.
aaand no video today either. How surprising (not)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Honest question: do you guys think Niomi reads a newspaper ever? Because it certainly doesn’t seem like it.

What kind of an adult chooses to be so unaware of what’s happening in the world around them 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
I don't see her reading anything other than back of a cream or something. She's clearly still so butt hurt and burnt about that breakup that she's giving a major FU to the whole world, Covid, what Covid.. she comes first.

I cant stand people like that.

Reactions: 20
For me it’s the way she feels like she’s owed something because she had a crappy breakup.
That, because she’s experienced some sort of trauma for the first time in her life, she’s justified in making decisions that endanger the lives of others.

ignorance may be bliss for you nimbs but others are now seeing through it (I hope)

Reactions: 29
Ohhhhhhhh. A trendsetter now 🤣🤣🤣
I DON'T GET THESE POSTS. The effort is below zero. It's not funny nor is it related to beauty or fashion. I wouldn't even post this on my finsta. I can't believe she thinks it's ok to share every single inane thought that knocks around in her head. Probably thinks she is so interesting and beautiful that people will follow anyway (as does Tanya).

Reactions: 16
'Winter Skincare Routine' again on Instagram this morning, how many times does she change her routine? 90% of the products are Smart Skin, should it not be tagged with 'ad'?

This was probably what she was editing last night.

Reactions: 16
'Winter Skincare Routine' again on Instagram this morning, how many times does she change her routine? 90% of the products are Smart Skin, should it not be tagged with 'ad'?

This was probably what she was editing last night.
She was also paid very recently to promote the two products (the ginseng eye cream and Bareminerals) which isn't disclosed.

So should be all three (gifted/own product/previous partnership) disclosed for ASA rules?

(Edited to note that she has now added that all products were gifted)

She was also paid very recently to promote the two products (the ginseng eye cream and Bareminerals) which isn't disclosed.

So should be all three (gifted/own product/previous partnership) disclosed for ASA rules?

(Edited to note that she has now added that all products were gifted)
Has she, I don't see it?

Why does she keep adding this 'afterwards' though, has she not been doing this long enough yet?

Reactions: 4
I wonder if she has been contacted by the ASA again so she put ad on ?
Don’t think so. What she put is hardly compliant with the ASA’s regulations. She only put a sneaky “#gifted” at the end. It should be #AD and make it more clear exactly which products are gifted, and she should use the “sponsored by *insert brand tag*” embedded Instagram feature. If she had been contacted by ASA they would’ve told her that. And given the email exchanges I’ve had with the ASA, it doesn’t seem like they did anything more since contacting her back in November to provide some friendly “guidance.”

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.