Niomi Smart #10 Tier 2 blues, a lot of booze and new screws...Dimbob no longer a snooze

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 295658

This was from a while ago. I think it looks so bad for someone who makes yoga her personality🤦‍♀️
See for me as a novice looking in, I don't know anything about yoga although I'd love to learn. I wouldn't know if this pose was correct or not, and I am guessing there are plenty more people out there like me who perhaps are the same. What is wrong with this pose, also please can anyone recommend anyone decent to follow on YouTube for yoga beginners, like a fresh out of the box beginner?

Reactions: 3
See for me as a novice looking in, I don't know anything about yoga although I'd love to learn. I wouldn't know if this pose was correct or not, and I am guessing there are plenty more people out there like me who perhaps are the same. What is wrong with this pose, also please can anyone recommend anyone decent to follow on YouTube for yoga beginners, like a fresh out of the box beginner?
Yoga with Adrienne has a great 30 day beginner programme on YouTube :)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
There gave been quute a few articles recently highlightjng 'hip' issues in the 40+age group who have done yoga for a long time. Not v encouraging!!
Oh tit, really? I’ve been doing yoga all my adult life and I’ve got hip issues at 35. 😳

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
What really bothers me about Niomi is that she is almost preaching about her life, instead of just living it. Like with the skincare, she can choose hers purely based on how beautiful the packaging is, and markets her product as suitable for everyone, which it is not. With yoga she doesn't wait and make sure she is doing it right, rather she shows herself off on Instagram and claims how much experience she has, which again isn't true. It is dangerous. And with the astrology stuff, she talks about the Saturn Return, which apparently didn't even happen for her yet.
What is it that makes anything she does so special that everyone has to hear about it and do it and it is the right way? Narcissism???

She could just show her followers: this is what I am doing, this works for me. Try it out for yourself if you want but I am not an expert in skincare/yoga/astrology...

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yoga with Adrienne has a great 30 day beginner programme on YouTube :)
Thank you x (I bet there are a lot of people looking in thinking she's the bee's knees when it comes to yoga, but obviously if you do yoga yourself you'd see right through her)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ngl, the Saturn Return thing has freaked me out! Mine is apparently next year during about a 6 month period of my life where multiple big and important things are happening so I hope that doesn't mean everything's going to go wrong 🤣 ah well maybe I'll do a Niomi if my life falls apart, blame the stars and take no responsibility, sounds good to me

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
The one I read recently
I can totally see this happening, especially when taking random vinyasa flow classes online or from different instructors (Niomi used to take single classes all over town instead of sticking with one teacher that knows her well and observes her limitations and progress). Part of the problem could also be the vanity and efficacy involved. People no longer see yoga as a spiritual path on which they progress humbly, but simply want results in terms of fitness and flexibility.
While Ashtanga vinyasa yoga is great, it might be safer to practice Iyengar yoga, which uses props to help people perform the asanas without strain. The shoulder stand, for example, is never performed without carefully supporting the shoulders in order to protect the neck.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I can totally see this happening, especially when taking random vinyasa flow classes online or from different instructors (Niomi used to take single classes all over town instead of sticking with one teacher that knows her well and observes her limitations and progress). Part of the problem could also be the vanity and efficacy involved. People no longer see yoga as a spiritual path on which they progress humbly, but simply want results in terms of fitness and flexibility.
While Ashtanga vinyasa yoga is great, it might be safer to practice Iyengar yoga, which uses props to help people perform the asanas without strain. The shoulder stand, for example, is never performed without carefully supporting the shoulders in order to protect the neck.
Yes! Years ago when I started yoga I was very lucky to just stumble upon an amazing yoga teacher who was extremely knowledgeable & mindful of the anatomy and physiology of the practice. She always taught us to leave our ego off the mat and take the "modifications" or props, if needed, because protecting our bodies was paramount. I've seen lots of influencers and people in real life who let their vanity get in the way and I cringe a little inside (not that I think I'm a yoga guru, but because I can hear my old teacher's voice in my head 😆) Every time I've seen Niomi recently in her smug yoga reels/photos all I can think is...wow, there's so much ego on that mat. Not a great example...

Reactions: 14
Yes! Years ago when I started yoga I was very lucky to just stumble upon an amazing yoga teacher who was extremely knowledgeable & mindful of the anatomy and physiology of the practice. She always taught us to leave our ego off the mat and take the "modifications" or props, if needed, because protecting our bodies was paramount. I've seen lots of influencers and people in real life who let their vanity get in the way and I cringe a little inside (not that I think I'm a yoga guru, but because I can hear my old teacher's voice in my head 😆) Every time I've seen Niomi recently in her smug yoga reels/photos all I can think is...wow, there's so much ego on that mat. Not a great example...
Yes. She's worshiping herself and feeds off the adulation left in the comments. She's vacuous and a very dangerous example of a moron in the wellness community. I can't imagine the feedback during her 'lessons' on the course.If she isn't getting critiqued that's shocking.

Reactions: 13
Ngl, the Saturn Return thing has freaked me out! Mine is apparently next year during about a 6 month period of my life where multiple big and important things are happening so I hope that doesn't mean everything's going to go wrong 🤣 ah well maybe I'll do a Niomi if my life falls apart, blame the stars and take no responsibility, sounds good to me
Which house is your Saturn in? 😬 just curious!

I just saw her reel with her skincare, I had no idea her skin was so bad, does it just look good in videos because of lighting and makeup? What an awful advert for a new skincare.

Reactions: 10
Oh I mean do you know which house number?

7th is the house of love and relationships, 2nd is money, 4th is home and family, etc. In whatever house Saturn sits, is the area of life your Saturn return will affect.

Don’t be scared, it will help you learn and grow. :)

Anyway, enough crazy talk! Back to Dimbobs!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I can’t believe she can’t even be bothered to upload YouTube videos on a regular basis anymore. Like, what does she do with all her time? She never works!

Reactions: 8
Oh I mean do you know which house number?

7th is the house of love and relationships, 2nd is money, 4th is home and family, etc. In whatever house Saturn sits, is the area of life your Saturn return will affect.

Don’t be scared, it will help you learn and grow. :)

Anyway, enough crazy talk! Back to Dimbobs!
Oh sorry! I'm not sure, on my co-star app the Saturn is next to house 1 I think?
I can’t believe she can’t even be bothered to upload YouTube videos on a regular basis anymore. Like, what does she do with all her time? She never works!
Her job is literally just ads now isn't it? Her videos are shite. I guess there won't be a Vlogmas either.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.