Nikki Grahame of big brother fame passes away aged 38.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope you don’t mind your comment being removed, and my own, this is why I’ve been worried about this thread,
i worry it can venture into very triggering territory or people might use it as a sounding board while they’re struggling, and nobody here is qualified to help, plus it can be difficult seeing fellow members struggle when nobody can do anything to help.

might be best we just keep it to nikki and not the illness so much.
Much love to you, keep going, it will get better if you work at it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hope you don’t mind your comment being removed, and my own, this is why I’ve been worried about this thread,
i worry it can venture into very triggering territory or people might use it as a sounding board while they’re struggling, and nobody here is qualified to help, plus it can be difficult seeing fellow members struggle when nobody can do anything to help.

might be best we just keep it to nikki and not the illness so much.
Much love to you, keep going, it will get better if you work at it xx
Not at all, in hindsight it was probably best not to comment as I did. I think you're very right about the potential route this thread could go down.

Thank you. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Such sad news. I’m struggling to understand how she can have been in a treatment facility but still pass away. Surely they would have the ability to stop this from happening. Although I don’t know a huge amount about anorexia so perhaps I’m mistaken.
The sun keep printing suicide helpline numbers under articles about nikki. I did wonder if they were trying to hint something. They just cant leave people to grieve in peace can they???

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I was completely shocked at the news, I hope she’s at peace and free of any pain she was in.

I will never be able to even imagine how difficult anorexia can be. It must be so awful to go through. My heart is with her family, and the many people who have found her death triggering for their own reasons. Sending love to you all ❤

Reactions: 1
So sad! Really feel for her family and friends, her mum said it’s been a 30 year battle ☹ She will always be remembered for being a total big brother legend and hilarious! I’m sure she will be very missed 💖

I think it was aimed at the golden ticket winner Suzie who was a bit of a snob and instantly took a dislike to Nikki and Grace.
yeah , i think she came in and had to immediately put someone up for eviction, and that was both Nikki and Grace , i remember it was Grace who was evicted and with no class got up and threw water on Suzie as she left. We got the classic "who is she" line.

Ive got a mixture of sadness and chuckles , ive remembered the task with the silent disco , they all had a walkman and earphones and had to remain dancing and Nikki couldnt get hers to work , she had a bit of a tantrum and i think Glynn helped her get it to work, so you can picture her having a tantrum about it not working, then immediatly dancing as if nothing had happened. if you loved BB then Nikki will always be in the top half a dozen characters that are remembered forever.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Epic tantrums! I will never forget the way she threw her head back and screamed. Not a lot of people could get away with that, she was very entertaining.
Behind it all she was very sweet person who was clearly struggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know what you mean @TripleC's . I think it’s nice to share classic BB memories of hers, I read somewhere that she went into the house because she wanted to be known for being on Big Brother and not for her illness.

There was a moment involving Nikki on BB I’ll never forget (have never found a clip though).
The housemates were given a task to “find out” the meaning of life. A few of them were sitting in the Big Brother garden, having a serious discussion about it, then Nikki suddenly stormed past and said “I don’t care about the meaning of life, all I care about is the 1980s!”. It makes me laugh every time I think about it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
The sun keep printing suicide helpline numbers under articles about nikki. I did wonder if they were trying to hint something. They just cant leave people to grieve in peace can they???
I must admit I had wondered if perhaps she had taken her own life. Mainly due to the timing of her having being discharged the day before her death.
However people have pointed out other sensible suggestions like organ failure and perhaps her doctor told her she didn't have long left, so she went home to be with her family.

Either way it's tremendously sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Reading about Nikki’s Big Brother moments has made me smile, I remember the 1980’s comment! She was such a pure soul. Still hard to believe she’s not here anymore.

I might have to find a way to rewatch her series again.

• Heart
Reading about Nikki’s Big Brother moments has made me smile, I remember the 1980’s comment! She was such a pure soul. Still hard to believe she’s not here anymore.

I might have to find a way to rewatch her series again.
if you find a way pls let me know i want to rewatch that series too, was the only BB series I watched and only one i enjoyed.

The series are always popping up here and there. Dailymotion used to have a few on a couple of years ago.

Edit: The whole series is on videobrother

• Heart
Such terribly sad news, I remember watching her in big brother and her making me really belly laugh with her mannerisms and personality. Such an awful thing to go through, not only for her but all her loved ones too.

Such sad news. I’m struggling to understand how she can have been in a treatment facility but still pass away. Surely they would have the ability to stop this from happening. Although I don’t know a huge amount about anorexia so perhaps I’m mistaken.
I saw the pictures of her shared on the orginal go fund me by her friend (which they since removed) and from those, I believe her body was too far gone for the treatment.

• Sad
  • Heart
I was a huge BB fan in my younger days. . Nicky was 1 of the true stars, before it became all fake and contestants knew what the public wanted.
I hadn't seen much about her lately, and naively thought she was recovering. .
So very sad to hear of her passing away.
I struggle to understand how people are still dying from this awful disease . .
Think back to Karen Carpenter, Lena Zavaroni . . All those years ago.
Why is this still happening?
My heart goes out to her and her poor parents. . She suffered for over 30 years and so did they.
R I P sweet girl . . No more suffering 💞

I just wanted to hug Pete in his video. It was very sweet and incredibly raw. I know he was tit to her after BB but he was 24, into a drug scene and had just come into a huge amount of money. They just weren’t compatible that way but it was obvious their affection for one another was genuine. I’m so glad they stayed friends all these years ❤

“Who is she?! Where did you find her??” Has been used in our house for years. Rest easy Nikki x

Incredibly sad, she was a real personality. I remember that being the only series of big brother I properly followed. She was hilarious but seemed so vulnerable at the same time, very captivating. Awful how she deteriorated during the last year, I can't imagine what her mother has had to face over the years, 8 seems so young to have to battle something so huge. Absolutely heartbreaking, RIP nikki.

This video where Nikiki was talking to Vanessa Feltz sums up her kind heart.
She was empathetic person with a lot of love for her family, friends and strangers.
Not forgetting....
who is she???🤣
Iconic TV when people were real...
What a loss 🙏 😭
What a great clip thank you for sharing this ❤❤

I’ve removed the photo from the thread, my first instinct was to do just that but I didn’t want to force my opinion on the thread.
I shouldn’t have doubted that decision, I do wish he’d remove it from his Instagram, she shouldn’t be remembered like that and it’s so dangerous for so many vulnerable people to see.

I’m anxious even posting here because this is a pressure cooker I don’t really want to be around. But I also needed to check everyone here was ok, and safe, it doesn’t have to end like this, but it’s such a powerful illness it’s rare anyone really escapes it.
I think I posted that picture as I thought it was sweet, I loved how they were still so close, however, I do not have these intrusive thoughts and I did not think about how somebody else could see this as triggering, so thank you for bringing that to my attention. I’m sorry if sharing that picture was triggering for anyone that was not my intention xx ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Very sad. I used to love BB in the very early years and Nikki was definitely one of my favorite housemates. I was trying to find a clip of her Aisleyne impression “you bettah watch yaself little girl when you’re talkin’ to me!” (something along those lines?) on YouTube but I couldn’t find it. That was hilarious!

Reactions: 2