Nikki Grahame of big brother fame passes away aged 38.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been watching BB videos and she really did make me smile. The one where someone ate all the cornflakes just had me laughing so much. And her own video on her insta about feelings towards lockdown is just absolute life. RIP Nikki. I hope you find eternal peace xx

Reactions: 6
Aisleyne is embarrassing.
They were acquaintances not friends, so not sure why she is going on like that. Michelle Heaton's post is lovely and completely aimed at her.
Imogen must be heatbroken. She represents a true friendship wih Nikki.
Pete 😔
Aisleyne just seizes any opportunity to gain attention for herself. I'm glad she's been called out.

Reactions: 9
Poor Nikki. She always struck me as quite sweet. She looked so ill towards the end. I hope she's at peace now. RIP Nikki.

Reactions: 3
Aisleyne has gone way over the top.
Totally agree, very telling that the pictures she’s posted are all from events or shows they’ve done. No personal ones.
She’s making it all about her, really cringeworthy behaviour.

Reactions: 10
So upsetting, she was a sweetheart and she WAS the face of reality tv in the UK. An absolute legend. Rest in peace Nikki, I hope you are no longer tormented, sleep well xxx

I love this pic with Pete from recently, so lovely they continued to be friends right to the end ❤❤
That picture breaks my heart, and the video 😢 so lovely that they remained friends though. All the torment she must have gone through over the years, it’s just so sad, god love her. She was so funny in BB, what a character. I really feel for her poor Mum, watched her on This Morning a few weeks ago 😢. She seemed to have a genuine friendship with Imogen too.
Rest in peace lovely girl Xxx

Reactions: 4
The video 😭😭 i can’t stop thinking about her. What a sad ending. Hope she is in a better place 💖

• Sad
Awww Peres video! So so sad. I thought Aisleyne’s posts were sad too, I thought they were friends? I haven’t kept up with her so some of these comments make me think differently now. It’s just so sad, she was so iconic

RIP, Nikki. Eating disorders are absolute hell, but she fought until the very end.

Nikki, as many have already mentioned, was always herself and that was part of her charm. She was a very troubled soul, and I hope she is at peace now.

I am only five years younger than her, and I remember how much pressure in the 00s there was for women to be tiny and skinny. The media would tear a famous woman apart if she had even one cellulite dimple. And the horrible size 0 trend. It was relentless.

Young girls and women who were already dealing with trauma could easily have slipped into eating disorders at that time. I am still battling mine twenty years later.

"Who is she?!" Iconic. 🕯

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I posted on this thread yesterday and deleted about 40 seconds later,

this subject is too raw and i can’t read anything about it, but the worst thing is I know hundreds, thousands, millions of anorexic girls and boys will be looking at the photo with Pete and not thinking “god that poor girl is so unwell” they’ll be thinking

“I’m not sick enough, I need to get there”

It makes me sick to my stomach when someone dies of an eating disorder for that reason, weight has duck all to do with it, anorexic’s don’t think they look good, it’s not vanity, it’s not the media, I wish to god people would stop blaming the media, the media might make someone diet, it doesn’t give someone a mental illness that consumes you to the point of insanity, that drives the obsession to destroy your body to the point it eats its own organs to survive, and it’s competitive as duck, to most this isn’t a tragic ending it’s a case of “why am I not that thin”

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

this subject is too raw and i can’t read anything about it, but the worst thing is I know hundreds, thousands, millions of anorexic girls and boys will be looking at the photo with Pete and not thinking “god that poor girl is so unwell” they’ll be thinking

It makes me sick to my stomach when someone dies of an eating disorder for that reason, weight has duck all to do with it, anorexic’s don’t think they look good, it’s not vanity, it’s not the media, I wish to god people would stop blaming the media, the media might make someone diet, it doesn’t give someone a mental illness that consumes you to the point of insanity, that drives the obsession to destroy your body to the point it eats its own organs to survive, and it’s competitive as duck, to most this isn’t a tragic ending it’s a case of “why am I not that thin”
Yes, I would agree with this. I posted a link to BEAT for that reason, people sharing the images of her at the worst are not helpful at all - lockdown is making everyone feel low, alongside the lack of support due to COVID isn’t good at all.
I’m so sad for Nikki & her loved ones as it was literally a lifelong struggle but I wish people would think before they post skeletal images. Back in th day I was guilty of posting images on tumblr & I don’t wish that culture on anyone. I still struggle even now I’m technically overweight for my height. The demons never leave.

Reactions: 7
Yes, I would agree with this. I posted a link to BEAT for that reason, people sharing the images of her at the worst are not helpful at all - lockdown is making everyone feel low, alongside the lack of support due to COVID isn’t good at all.
I’m so sad for Nikki & her loved ones as it was literally a lifelong struggle but I wish people would think before they post skeletal images. Back in th day I was guilty of posting images on tumblr & I don’t wish that culture on anyone. I still struggle even now I’m technically overweight for my height. The demons never leave.
I’ve removed the photo from the thread, my first instinct was to do just that but I didn’t want to force my opinion on the thread.
I shouldn’t have doubted that decision, I do wish he’d remove it from his Instagram, she shouldn’t be remembered like that and it’s so dangerous for so many vulnerable people to see.

I’m anxious even posting here because this is a pressure cooker I don’t really want to be around. But I also needed to check everyone here was ok, and safe, it doesn’t have to end like this, but it’s such a powerful illness it’s rare anyone really escapes it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

It may not be the medias fault but there has to be a link surely? especially nowadays for young girls growing up surrounded by the images and commentary on appearances. Of course there are different drivers to cause anorexia, what leads a person to fixate on their eating/weight and control it, but id imagine media (social media especially) can compound those feelings

It may not be the medias fault but there has to be a link surely? especially nowadays for young girls growing up surrounded by the images and commentary on appearances. Of course there are different drivers to cause anorexia, what leads a person to fixate on their eating/weight and control it, but id imagine media (social media especially) can compound those feelings
oh absolutely, it’s a trigger for sure, like any kind of pro Ana bull tit it, the media might drive a person to go on an extreme diet, most will do that and then get bored, or get healthy, drop weight, gain weight, it’s a reaction not an illness.

anorexia is so much more, your actions aren’t driven by looks, for the vast majority the aim is actually to look unwell, to show on the outside what’s going on internally, to destroy yourself to a point you hurt, it’s easy to blame a trigger but this is the most deadly mental illness to date, spend a day with someone who has anorexia and you see the difference between an all consuming illness and a diet.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
oh absolutely, it’s a trigger for sure, like any kind of pro Ana bull tit it, the media might drive a person to go on an extreme diet, most will do that and then get bored, or get healthy, drop weight, gain weight, it’s a reaction not an illness.

anorexia is so much more, your actions aren’t driven by looks, for the vast majority the aim is actually to look unwell, to show on the outside what’s going on internally, to destroy yourself to a point you hurt, it’s easy to blame a trigger but this is the most deadly mental illness to date, spend a day with someone who has anorexia and you see the difference between an all consuming illness and a diet.
Its horrific, isnt it. I cant even imagine the mental turmoil that comes with it 😔

Reactions: 2
RIP Nikki. She always reminds me of my sister. As was looking after my sister who was dying when BB came on with Nikki and we watched it together.

I heard her mum say the other week this started up again due to not being able to go to the gym, she was too scared to eat without being able to do her normal exercise routine
In an indirect way, lockdown has lead to her death.

Reactions: 13
Its horrific, isnt it. I cant even imagine the mental turmoil that comes with it 😔
I’m so glad she’s finally escaped it, not the way anyone would want, not at all, but living in your own brain when it’s aim is to slowly destroy you, experiencing your own body turn on you and knowing it’s all your own doing, is no life.

fully agree

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I must admit I don't really know what anorexia is other than the basics, I know bulimia, I can get my head around it, but is anorexia essentially starving yourself , I can understand the idea of food disgusting you, but how do they get past the bodies need for food, the self torture must be hell, when you think of it, its one of the worst illnessess out there, I think this happening has made me think about it.
As people say it can't be about just wanting to lose weight and to be thin, this is body dismorphia and there must be other self hatred going on because it's torturing yourself, if you look in the mirror you can tell if you have lost or gained weight, anorexic people obviously don't see that otherwise if it was just about weight loss to be slim they would stop.

So many things going on in the brain all at once, it's like trying to heal about 3 different mental illnesses , and suffering myself from 1 I know its difficult to heal just 1.
It feels like body dismorphia
There has to be deep depression
It seems like self hate to torture yourself
Is there some sort of addiction as well

There needs to be more out there to give parents more knowledge to look out for, if you can catch it early then who knows.

I just can't get passed the self torture, the mental strength to ignore the need for food and the pain that must come with it is just so destructive.
Its sad because they aren't weak minded people, to have that mental strength to do it is astonishing , if only there was a way to try and harness that mental strength away from harming themself and show them how amazing they are and what good they can do with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Absolutely. My sister in law, who is thankfully no longer in danger, would only eat if she could go to the gym. It was an obsession. If she could get an hour or two in at the gym, she would allow herself a meal. If she couldn’t go for whatever reason, she wouldn’t eat a thing. I dread to think what would have happened to her during lockdown if she was still in that dark place

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I gasped out loud when I read the news title last night. She was a complete legend. This is so incredibly sad. RIP Nikki xxx

Reactions: 2