Nicola Sturgeon, SNP, Scottish Politics and Scottish Independence

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologises if this has already been spoken about as I have only skimmed parts of the thread so far, has anyone met Nicola or known someone who has? What was she like?
My husband has met her quite a bit thru work. He said she has always been very pleasant and takes time to speak to as many people as she can. This dates back to before she was FM too.
A friend met her randomly at some event and said pretty much the same thing.

Reactions: 2
Apologises if this has already been spoken about as I have only skimmed parts of the thread so far, has anyone met Nicola or known someone who has? What was she like?
My boyfriend has met her and said she was really friendly and took the time to speak to everyone who wanted to speak to her.

A few years ago my work hosted a reception in Holyrood and as part of that we had an info stand there for a few days which I manned. She passed me a few times and always said hello and apologised for not having the time to properly stop - I knew she was aware of our campaign anyway so I didn’t hold it against her ☺

Reactions: 3
I have met her a good few times at different events and she’s always been lovely tbh - stops to chat to people and seems like she is interested in your conversation

Reactions: 2
I've met her and can echo what everyone else has said. She was very pleasant and stopped to talk to everyone and took an interest in what they were saying.

Reactions: 1
Dumb question of the day, but humour me... Is she shorter or taller in real life? :unsure:
She’s tiny! And very down to earth .
I think Mairi black may be a potential next in line if Nicola steps down. I think she will do it when the time is right but not for a few years . She still has a lot left in her

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Like I say I’m small and I’m bigger than her 🤣 what she doesn’t have in height she makes up for in fight 😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I had a chance to meet her a few years back after an event but my companion needed to go to relieve the babysitter. I was too shy to go meet her on my own 🤣. Even the day after I was kicking myself.

I've been at corporate events that she attended and while I don't agree with some of her politics she had definitely spent the time learning notes so knew the main players and what every company did. Chatting to the public is something she seems to really enjoy.

BOOOOOOO! 🤣

I've said this before but I'll say it again.

I'm no fan of NS. I am however in favour off scottish independence. And when we gain independence, I won't vote for the SNP again. At the moment, they're the best of a bad bunch.

Also I fully expect that when Scotland is independent and becomes a Republic, that Ms Sturgeon will be the President.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
But will Scotland meet the EU membership criteria should it get independence from GB? Turkey have been trying to apply for membership for years. So I would imagine Scotland will have to go through the same membership process, which again might take years
That's a strange comparaison though. Turkey is a total different scenario and it's not even an European country, never been.

What is all this rubbish with her and JK Rowling? I'm a feminist ... no I'm a feminist, a REAL feminist ... blah blah blah. Why does JK Rowling wind people up so much? LOL. I'm sure they are all on the same side but just love arguing over petty tit for the sake of it. Does my bloody heed in. :rolleyes: Luckily I'm a man and use 'he'.

What is all this rubbish with her and JK Rowling? I'm a feminist ... no I'm a feminist, a REAL feminist ... blah blah blah. Why does JK Rowling wind people up so much? LOL. I'm sure they are all on the same side but just love arguing over petty tit for the sake of it. Does my bloody heed in. :rolleyes: Luckily I'm a man and use 'he'.
Well, in Nicola's defence (and I rarely utter that phrase!), JK did wear a t-shirt saying "Nicola Sturgeon: Destroyer of women's rights".

I'm not saying JK is wrong, I just think Nicola is justified in being a bit wound up by said t-shirt. :D

I'm also a man who uses he. Pleased to meet you.

I'm also a man who uses he. Pleased to meet you.
Oh so you're the one. I heard that was another one about somewhere. :rolleyes:

I presume then whatever JK was trying to do, ie: wind Nicola up, worked. Like children these people.

Oh so you're the one. I heard that was another one about somewhere. :rolleyes:

I presume then whatever JK was trying to do, ie: wind Nicola up, worked. Like children these people.
Indeed. Plus I assume the women who were actually protesting on the ground would have preferred if JK could have bothered her arse to show her support in person, rather than via a photo on Twitter. But maybe not.

Supreme Court has ruled Nicola Sturgeon can’t have a new independence vote without say so from Rishi Sunak. What do you all think about the result?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.