Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Glaschelle

VIP Member
Says it all about useless
View attachment 1978929
This is really interesting! I've got friends who go to Central Mosque. I'll need to do my nosy 🤣🤣🤣

By contrast, Anas Sarwar seems quite well respected within the Muslim community. My friends speak very highly of him.

Obviously it was the Muslim community who helped his dad win the Labour nomination away from the sitting MP back in the day (Mike Watson - least said about him the better!!!)

YellowMellow14

Chatty Member
I get that, but I'd of thought at least one decent one would put their hat in as they believe in the cause and aren't afraid of a challenge.

I bet Nicola will actually be loving that so many are saying they'd rather her back, she's not all that different from Boris Johnson in that respect 😆
Mhairi Black is in the wrong parliament too but i see her as a future First Minister. She is still under 30 so plenty time left for a lefty indy Scotland headed by her. I wanted Jenny Gilruth to run but she'd relatively "new" and not as well known compared to Forbes or Yousaf.

Miffy46

Salmond was found not guilty of all the charges and the most serious one that was brought is now subject to a perjury investigation against the complainer. Never before has anonymity been granted like that in a Scottish court even after the not guilty findings.

The problems with our country are all things that are controlled by the Scottish Government - Westminster is just a useful bogeyman to bring out to cover up multiple failings.
Like what?

and Nicola Sturgeon didn't know what was going on aye right! she waited until she was leader of the party and used what happened to the poor women victims for her own gain!
Of course she would have known, in the same way that all politicians know the story’s about the other ones. She was playing the long game for sure.

NeverEnough

VIP Member
These are the stats from between July and September 2022. Before the gender recognition reform bill was passed in parliament…

View attachment 1929086
The bill changes nothing. People could always self ID and it’s down to the prison service to make a decision on where they should be held based on other factors.
If the bill changes nothing what, therefore, is the point of it?

Glortard

VIP Member
We normally go to the Scottish Islands each year (obviously not last year and cancelled this years trip as well). But I have to admit from the vibe on the facebook groups of the places we go to I have got a massive 'Your not welcome' vibe.

I fully appreciate people are worried and we wouldn't go anyway until it is safe as it is wrong to risk taking covid to a place with limited resources but kind of feeling like they are tarring all visitors with the same brush as plenty have still been visiting.

Anyway suppose that is a different subject.
Last two Islands I was on where Orkney and Islay in 2021 which where two of the friendliest places I have ever been to

Whatsallthis

VIP Member
Yes! So confusing. My partner almost crossed that box until he read it properly. Im central Scotland and we returned our first ever Green MSP. Its been a great election from my perspective and returning a 4th straight victory is no mean feat. Show me a political party in this country who has in recent years delivered that. Im sure the Conservatives will equal it soon at WM. Cant see any way out for the UK now.
My brother noticed and warned me. I can see people just looking for the green marking the box especially since they were so far up the ballot paper.

I believe the last time it was done was the Margaret Thatcher/John Major era but I agree, can’t see rUK making much of a change to status quo which is scary and makes me feel sick to the stomach.

Yel

Chatty Member
63% is a good turn out for a scottish election sadly.
Thats a real shame it's so low, especially for a proportion representation system. The UK as a whole turnout is a far bit higher even with the ridiculously outdated fptp.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
These stories are suggesting that current policy's are increasing discrimination

Anglophobia is a bigger problem than Islamophobia in Scotland and should be tackled in the same way, politicians warn
  • Councillors in Moray say more abuse is being hurled at English 'minority group'
  • Group have called for policy to tackle Anglophobia, similar to Islamophobia plan
  • One Scottish councillor was told: 'Go back to England!' due to his weak accent

This doesn’t surprise me.

BigMavis

VIP Member
I'm watching this from NI which is pretty much like living in hell right now and it'll get worse. Stupid question but what happens if Scotland get independence, do they rejoin the EU?

YellowMellow14

Chatty Member
Did I imagine it or did Nicola make a huge deal out of the Tory members electing a new PM rather than calling an election?
The SNP aren't electing a First Minister though? They are electing a nee leader. The parliament then vote on who they want to be first minister. Every party can put who they want forward then the whole parliament vote so its a bit different.

I resigned from the SNP early 2022 due to Nicola's covid rules/agenda.