Nicola Sturgeon, SNP, Scottish Politics and Scottish Independence

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nah fair enough, I’ll let you support your MPs in London. Doing a fine job 👍🏻
Thats irrelevant in this thread. It’s disgusting but this is about the SNP. Whom have their own share of scandals like going to jail for embezzlement and messaging young boys inappropriately!

Reactions: 7
I have nothing fact wise to contribute but I what I will say is the Indyref2 street party event has been made on Facebook and I’m in charge of the confetti cannons.

HWFG 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Please let Scotland have its referendum, as an English person I am fed up with listening to the SNP etc., banging on about it. If it's Yes then I don't want a single English taxpayers pound ever to support Scotland as an independent country. They can sort their own tit out.

Please let Scotland have its referendum, as an English person I am fed up with listening to the SNP etc., banging on about it. If it's Yes then I don't want a single English taxpayers pound ever to support Scotland as an independent country. They can sort their own tit out.
What will BBC do? 50 percent of their weather forecasts are spent talking about the Scottish highlands and islands where nobody f*cking lives. lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
What will BBC do? 50 percent of their weather forecasts are spent talking about the Scottish highlands and islands where nobody f*cking lives. lol.
Oh, I don't know about that. The ScotGov paper advocating for independence mentions Iceland, with a population of 366k. Highlands and Islands combined is a population of 469k in about half of Scotland's land mass, most of the exclusive economic zone and a lot of the natural resources and green energy - the joke up here is that if Scotland does go independent and we don't like it, we'll simply go independent from rScotland.

Reactions: 2
Up in the Highlands we're a lot more sensible and most understand what a massive waste of money it will to change from Westminster to hollyrood. With how incompetent Hollyrood has shown themselves to be it's going to be a nightmare if independence is granted with a very low chance of any net gain at all.
If Glasgow and Edinburgh take us out of the UK against our will then very likely we'll seek independence from rScotland. Without taking our resources rScotland will be very weak indeed.
Nicola is keen to say Scotland will be like a Nordic country despite that being ridiculous wishful thinking. But the Highlands with our low population and high amount of resources could very likely be far better off while rScotland would have a GDP per head similar to Belarus.

Speak for yourself. The biggest populated place in the Highlands voted Yes last time around in Inverness. This Highlander can't wait to leave Westminster rule.

Plus who wants Wick and Thurso to be part of their small country.

Yeah I’m from near Inverness and would say most people here are strong yes voters - most young people anyway.

See in 2014, one of the farmers near me had big NO signs in his fields but they kept getting vandalised so he sprayed NO on his sheep lol. The divisiveness is real!

I think it changes the further north and west you go though, the western isles seem to be mostly no.

Yeah I’m from near Inverness and would say most people here are strong yes voters - most young people anyway.

See in 2014, one of the farmers near me had big NO signs in his fields but they kept getting vandalised so he sprayed NO on his sheep lol. The divisiveness is real!

I think it changes the further north and west you go though, the western isles seem to be mostly no.
Ugh I hate it when people vandalise signs. I live in a Tory constituency and any time I see farmers sticking up large Tory signs I roll my eyes, but I wouldn't dream of defacing them. Everyone should get to have their say.

I actually think defacing signs repeatedly could push some people to vote for that cause, as it makes the opposition look unreasonable and intolerant.

Speaking of defacing signs, saw a pro Indy poster by the side of the A9 today and someone had spray painted a big “NO” and, what I assume was supposed to be “NicoLIAR” but they’d written “NicoLAIR” instead 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Speaking of defacing signs, saw a pro Indy poster by the side of the A9 today and someone had spray painted a big “NO” and, what I assume was supposed to be “NicoLIAR” but they’d written “NicoLAIR” instead 🙈
Makes a change from "FLAT EARTH" 🤣

• Haha
I can understand why the fisherman hate the SNP!
My late father was a fisherman and always voted SNP. Of course that was back when the SNP wanted independence in order to take Scotland OUT of the EU.

I've voted SNP several times myself. Never again. All parties embrace opportunism but SNP take the ever-loving, shameless piss with it.

Don't even get me started on the embarrassing political theatrics of Sturgeon running round Brussels the day after Brexit, supposedly in "talks" about Scotland maintaining a place in the EU :rolleyes:

Nicolair 😆😆

Does she think if Scotland joins the EU it will have a loud voice? The nonsense of wanting to leave the UK but then join the EU would make the people doubly poorer with all the mess

Nicolair 😆😆
Does she think if Scotland joins the EU it will have a loud voice? The nonsense of wanting to leave the UK but then join the EU would make the people doubly poorer with all the mess
I had to shake my head when she criticized Boris and Trump for being populists.

• Haha
I had to shake my head when she criticized Boris and Trump for being populists.
That's why she's so dangerous. At least Boris and trump aren't hiding what they are. She's as popularist as the worst of them but her supporters act as if she's the total opposite.

Reactions: 1
All politicians have to try to be popular to get votes. They get their positions by being popular with the voters. Calling one a “popularist” as a slur is quite funny.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.