Nicola Bulley Missing #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fact remains that no one (that we know of yet) knows what happened to this lady. Local or not. I've never tripped up my front step before, but did recently (sober may I add) and twisted my ankle quite badly. As others have said, accidents happen. Speculation and conspiracy theories help no one, least not her family who will undoubtedly come across it.

I just can't help thinking about her poor young girls. What pain and confusion and heartbreak they must be going through right now. Whatever has happened, I hope a conclusion is drawn soon for their poor sakes.
Makes me want to go give my sleeping girl a cuddle 😓

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I know Peter is making a show of himself but I was really hoping he'd walk the walk and find her quickly like he thought he could.

I still believe she's in the water and will resurface, I just find it so sad that for whatever reason she remains there night after night because the river has made her unfindable. It's so cruel to her family and such an undignified way to leave this world.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I have absolutely no legal training so I’m not giving you a “lesson” it’s common knowledge that someone going missing on your street doesn’t give the police the right to enter and search your property. It’s not really to do with anyone’s personal belief - there is an objective standard on what amounts to reasonable suspicion.
Yes and I said said, the original question was asking me directly about what my expectation would be about searching a home. There was no suggestion of an objective standard, just my opinion. I presume we’re still allowed those?! 😤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I appreciate that. I was offering my opinion on how it should operate, not how it does in practice.
Considering what happened to Sarah Everard that could be very dangerous with Police being able to come into your home whenever they choose even if there was an incident nearby to your home.

Reactions: 21
Which part fascinates you? Or my whole dog post in general?

The screenshot you’ve shared (not sure where it’s from) has got the dog wrong, she’s a springer not cocker, and the timings are confused - her phone and the dog’s harness and lead were found at 9.35am with Willow running loose.
I wouldn’t rely on any other info from wherever you found that!

It’s all in the link in the recap post at the start of the thread 🙂

I’m not sure that I’ve seen anywhere what time her partner actually called the police.
The Mirror paper is the picture.
And the whole thing further fascinates me as I have only read and seen on tv the reports that the dog was always within the bench area.

Feel ‘fascinates’ is incorrect to how I feel. ‘Concerns me’ is more appropriate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
You be careful please! ❤
This reminded me of the time I was walking my dog and he pretty much dragged me down a muddy/icy grass bank and I fell on my side and cracked a rib! But my dog is a bulldog and he's bloody strong lol.. he then thought 'wtf' while I was lying crying in agony on the floor and panicked so tried to jump at my face.. I agree accidents while dog walking DO happen!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If she's not in the river, then where is she ???? How could she go missing without no-one seeing her.
What happens when expert diver has exhausted his search 🤷

Reactions: 8
This reminded me of the time I was walking my dog and he pretty much dragged me down a muddy/icy grass bank and I fell on my side and cracked a rib! But my dog is a bulldog and he's bloody strong lol.. he then thought 'wtf' while I was lying crying in agony on the floor and panicked so tried to jump at my face.. I agree accidents while dog walking DO happen!
Ouch! My springer is really strong on lead, but she’s also a liability off lead as she doesn’t look where she’s going and I’ve been known to trip over her when she’s suddenly right in front of me.
There’s just so many possible things that *could* happen…

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Considering what happened to Sarah Everard that could be very dangerous with Police being able to come into your home whenever they chooseneven if there was an incident nearby to your home.
Indeed. I’m probably far too trusting of people in positions of authority, never envisaging that powers are often abused.
That case still gives me the chills. The fear she must have felt as he was driving her the 30 drive away, and the barbaric way she died. I hope at least that if Nicola did drown that she may have had a medical episode and was unconscious when she hit the water or something entirely random like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yes; surely. I’d be of the belief that because something suspicious had occurred near me, that this would be sufficient reason and justification.
What about people who live in high crime areas? You think they should accept having their homes searched regularly just because they happen to live nearby? You really trust the police that much that you would be willing to give them that kind of power over people; despite all the recent awful things that have been coming out about them and the way some police officers choose to behave?

Reactions: 12
Surely not? You would expect that, because something suspicious happened near you, that the police should be able to enter your home and search it without any reason or justification? Not saying that you wouldn’t offer, but this is a basic liberty that we should absolutely have.
---

I walk my dogs along the same route every day. One day a few weeks ago I twisted my ankle on the walk - never happened before. What changed so much that day? … Nothing. Accidents happen unfortunately
ok I’m just saying that maybe that’s the reason why her friends and family are against it because she was a regular there and was used to the route that’s all.
I also think it’s weird that he dogs harness was left on the floor like that. Kind of just thrown like not bothered about, doesn’t seem like this lady would do that

Reactions: 5
I have an idea 💡 Why doesn’t Peter Faulding take one for the team, wear a similar type/weight of clothing/boots as Nicola and on a similar weather day/time jump in. He could even have a springer with him (as he thinks they all react the same), leave him for 10 minutes and see what happens as he’s so sure you could get out.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Is it safe to come out yet 🫣

I’ve been reading this thread the last few days and it’s interesting to read everyone’s thoughts and learning new things that I didn’t know about bodies in water.
I, like everyone else hopes Nicola’s family have answer soon

• Heart
Reactions: 15
What about people who live in high crime areas? You think they should accept having their homes searched regularly just because they happen to live nearby? You really trust the police that much that you would be willing to give them that kind of power over people; despite all the recent awful things that have been coming out about them and the way some police officers choose to behave?
I wasn’t commenting on others or the broader legal implications 😭 Only myself.

And yes, on the balance of probabilities, I’d think that the potential benefit to an investigation of ruling out my property via a search if someone on our street went missing (which was the original question posed to me!) would be outweighed by the probability that those same police might be murderers and/rapists themselves.

I was asked for my view 💁🏻‍♀️😩

Reactions: 7
The Mirror paper is the picture.
And the whole thing further fascinates me as I have only read and seen on tv the reports that the dog was always within the bench area.

Feel ‘fascinates’ is incorrect to how I feel. ‘Concerns me’ is more appropriate.
My understanding is the area between the gate / bench / river is small so the dog wasn’t roaming round a massive field or anything, just circling a small patch that she was trapped (not the right word but ykwim) in

Reactions: 9
Just been on tik tok and so shocked at a ladys page she has taken Nicolas FB stuff and done her one analysis.
Gosh if something happened to me I would be mortified if weirdos did this about me.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.