Nicola Bulley Missing #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My understanding is the area between the gate / bench / river is small so the dog wasn’t roaming round a massive field or anything, just circling a small patch that she was trapped (not the right word but ykwim) in
I understand what you mean, about the scale of the field.
Such an awful worrying time we can only share and discuss and learn and try to make sense. Thank you for replying.

Reactions: 7
My understanding is the area between the gate / bench / river is small so the dog wasn’t roaming round a massive field or anything, just circling a small patch that she was trapped (not the right word but ykwim) in
I heard the dog was running back & forth from the bench & gate

• Sad
Reactions: 3
So similar then 🤣 not a complete change of story!!! May I add that locals are very sceptical about the river scenario. I'm guessing you're not local if you're having to watch gb news for information.
Your name isn’t Emma by any chance? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yes it is much smaller than I realised. It narrows off as it gets to the gate so Willow was running in an area the size of a large garden? I only spotted this today…

Reactions: 4
Just going through this a bit more, I assume with the professional divers and Peters search team they have also looked at debris around the river bed, there was a case in Ealing (Alice Gross) where the suspect had weighed her body down with bricks and bicycle wheels in a bin bag.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Oh yes I agree. My reply was just clarifying that in my view living in the proximity of a crime should provide reasonable justification for a home search (without a warrant) if the police wanted to.

I know that isn’t how it works, and that they need a warrant. I was just explaining my opinion.
OK but the original comment (sorry not sure if it was you) was that surrounding properties should be searched. The police just can't do that legally without a warrant and they can't get a warrant just based on proximity.

Reactions: 3
I wonder if there is anything positive to come from this awful incident is that (if she is found in the water) that many thousands of people will take more heed near expanses of water that they may previously have not viewed as dangerous. Wishful thinking maybe, but I know it’s educated me on things such as undercurrents etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just going through this a bit more, I assume with the professional divers and Peters search team they have also looked at debris around the river bed, there was a case in Ealing (Alice Gross) where the suspect had weighed her body down with bricks and bicycle wheels in a bin bag.
I’d be surprised if there was time for someone to:
Murder
Put body in bin bag
Weigh bin bag down
Secure ends
Dump in river

In under 20 minutes…

Although I’ve never tried to do even one of those things so I can’t be sure 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don’t know why everyone is so convinced she is in that river. I’m not saying she isn’t, but how can you rule out every other option?
Like this man is saying, there’s a 10 minute window unaccounted for, just because no one see her getting taken or leaving doesn’t mean it didn’t happen,

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just on the back of your perfect storm comment, I don’t know how the weather was in the area when Nicola went missing but the immediate days after, particularly the Saturday and Sunday were incredibly windy. I don’t know how much that weather would have impacted anything in the river… ?

Also did they search the river on the Friday? The day she went missing? Or did the river search start AFTER the weekend of stormy weather?
I wonder what the temperature and weather was like, if it was as cold as what has been suggested here I would have though she would have worn a wooly hat and wore walking boots if the ground was hard rather than wellies which you'd more commonly wear if the ground was muddy or wet

Reactions: 1
I wonder if there is anything positive to come from this awful incident is that (if she is found in the water) that many thousands of people will take more heed near expanses of water that they may previously have not viewed as dangerous. Wishful thinking maybe, but I know it’s educated me on things such as undercurrents etc.
We can only hope

Every summer lads jump in the Salford quays canal there’s always one every time who doesn’t come back up. Maybe it’s just me but I couldn’t think of anything worse than jumping in filthy water.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t know why everyone is so convinced she is in that river. I’m not saying she isn’t, but how can you rule out every other option?
Like this man is saying, there’s a 10 minute window unaccounted for, just because no one see her getting taken or leaving doesn’t mean it didn’t happen,
I’m not convinced she is at all! I hope she’s not, for her family’s sake.

Although for her sake, I can’t say I hope she was abducted.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
OK but the original comment (sorry not sure if it was you) was that surrounding properties should be searched. The police just can't do that legally without a warrant and they can't get a warrant just based on proximity.
No, it wasn’t me that commented about what ‘should‘ happen.

That’s what frustrated me I think; I seem to have been pounced upon for sharing my view that I would be fine with my property being searched without a warrant in that scenario tbh, but I 100% get that the reality is different and the reasons for that 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So similar then 🤣 not a complete change of story!!! May I add that locals are very sceptical about the river scenario. I'm guessing you're not local if you're having to watch gb news for information.
Are you familiar with Royston Vasey ?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
We can hope but I feel like people forgot very quickly about those poor young boys that died the other month on the frozen lake 😢 I still think of them as I’ve been stupid enough to go on frozen bodies of water as a young girl and I now have young children. Hopefully others remember

• Sad
Reactions: 13
It can't be ruled out. Not completely. There are a lot of factors which make the river more likely: the cctv coverage of all the exits but Garstang Road, which opens onto a main road, so tgey could see shhe wasn't followed, the fact cars can't access the area and she disappeared without leaving behind blood or a trace of a struggle, the small window. It's Occams Razor, but it doesn't mean other scenarios are completely impossible

Reactions: 9
I’ve found myself tired of pondering these theories which go nowhere, but Now wondering what we can learn from this incident.
so many women r going missing with & without malicious motives.
what can we do to protect ourselves in a situation where we could suddenly disappear? I’ve found myself asking, what if it was me?
if I ever find myself in a position where I’m unable to avoid fate, like drowning, kidnap etc… what can I do to leave a trace, or a mark behind, to give my family answers & to help a potential search party?

I think we as women on this thread can learn a valuable lesson and share ideas on how we can leave a trace if we ever found ourselves in the same position at Nicola. Coz let’s be real, it can happen to anyone.

I’ve been thinking about getting AirTags & sewing them into outer clothing of myself & family members.
Anyone else wanna share tips?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.