Nicola Bulley Missing #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes; surely. I’d be of the belief that because something suspicious had occurred near me, that this would be sufficient reason and justification.
OK but it’s just not sufficient reason or justification. Proximity to a crime does not amount to suspicion and certainly not enough to allow a search of your home without a warrant?

Reactions: 4
Yes; surely. I’d be of the belief that because something suspicious had occurred near me, that this would be sufficient reason and justification.
That’s not grounds for the police to get a warrant and search every house in the area though. The law doesn’t work like that.

Reactions: 6
It is crazy on the FB group! I saw someone suggesting she has left the U.K. to start a new life!!
Someone else said the sister has been having an affair with him and they are behind the dissaperance 🙄 I've since found out there is more than 1 FB group too

( I'm still on page 2 of this thread so sorry if I'm repeating anything)

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Yeah I mean, I make myself a coffee every morning and the other day I wasn’t paying attention and ended up pouring boiling water all over the kitchen counter lmao. Accidents do happen indeed, and nothing has to ‘change’ for them to occur.
I slipped in mud today actually walking my dog. Genuinely I did. The ground wasn’t as frozen as I thought it would be and I was writing a message on my phone so not paying attention.
I was in the middle of a field and it was pretty flat so I was able to steady myself.

But accidents do - and can - happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It would also waste a lot of police time searching everyone‘s home in the area and doing it throughly, when the time could be better spent.

Reactions: 8
OK but it’s just not sufficient reason or justification. Proximity to a crime does not amount to suspicion and certainly not enough to allow a search of your home without a warrant?
I appreciate the legal lesson. But you didn’t ask me to articulate my understanding of the law, you asked for my view on what I felt was ‘reasonable justification’ for searching a home. I answered to clarify that, in my view, proximity to a crime would indeed be reasonable justification for searching a dwelling. It’s only my opinion and not what the actual legal position is🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just to be really clear on all the points about the dog - even if Willow saw Nicola enter the water, Nicola would likely have only been visible for a matter of seconds before being submerged.
If you haven’t read the post about cold water drowning, it’s very informative about how quickly and silently it happens. A dog would not understand, and it certainly wouldn’t think its owner was playing - there would be no thrashing about like in the movies.

Yes, spaniels generally love water, but they will often only jump in a freezing river if they’re following a tennis ball.

Yes, spaniels (and dogs in general) are fiercely loyal pets, but they are also animals who don’t understand that human disappearing in river = human drowning. They just think it’s like when you walk out the front door, and you’ll be back a bit later. Except they’re outside in the cold.

Yes, some dogs bark if left outside a shop. But some don’t. Spaniels aren’t really vocal dogs in general.

The fact the dog was dry only means the dog didn’t go in the river.

Fascinated about this so he Willow was found an hour or so back running between bench and river agitated……????
Edit:- Meaning if the someone who found the phone at 0933 did not see the dog. Therefore dog was elsewhere and then returned to bench area where someone else saw and “collected” him.
Dog maybe followed Nicola???..and why cannot the police really drill down to control the detail and with journalism following suit. As I have only read this in a couple of articles.
6E9038E2-8030-42B5-A62E-D209E70583FB.jpeg

Last edited:
The fact remains that no one (that we know of yet) knows what happened to this lady. Local or not. I've never tripped up my front step before, but did recently (sober may I add) and twisted my ankle quite badly. As others have said, accidents happen. Speculation and conspiracy theories help no one, least not her family who will undoubtedly come across it.

I just can't help thinking about her poor young girls. What pain and confusion and heartbreak they must be going through right now. Whatever has happened, I hope a conclusion is drawn soon for their poor sakes.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It would also waste a lot of police time searching everyone‘s home in the area and doing it throughly, when the time could be better spent.
Oh yes I agree. My reply was just clarifying that in my view living in the proximity of a crime should provide reasonable justification for a home search (without a warrant) if the police wanted to.

I know that isn’t how it works, and that they need a warrant. I was just explaining my opinion.

Reactions: 5
Remember she was also on a work call, so she was not giving her surroundings 100% attention. It is easy to have an accident when concentrating, so even easier when on a work call out in the open.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Fascinated about this so he was found an hour or so back running between bench and river agitated……????
View attachment 1943200
Not sure this is a reliable post. I don‘t even think Willow is a cocker spaniel, she looks like a springer to me. And it goes against what the police, her friends and family have stated.

I think sometimes when we are familiar with a route/an area we are more likely to take risks that we might not in an unfamiliar area. She may not have seen the river as a major danger as it doesn’t look particularly fast flowing on the surface. Maybe she saw a small animal in distress at the edge (squirrel or something fallen in) and went down to try help it.. that might sound mad but I know if I saw something like that I would try to approach and help. I almost fell in a canal last year picking bloody blackberries 🤦🏼‍♀️ definitely learnt my lesson to test the edge to check the grass is sturdy.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I appreciate the legal lesson. But you didn’t ask me to articulate my understanding of the law, you asked for my view on what I felt was ‘reasonable justification’ for searching a home. I answered to clarify that, in my view, proximity to a crime would indeed be reasonable justification for searching a dwelling. It’s only my opinion and not what the actual legal position is🙂
I have absolutely no legal training so I’m not giving you a “lesson” it’s common knowledge that someone going missing on your street doesn’t give the police the right to enter and search your property. It’s not really to do with anyone’s personal belief - there is an objective standard on what amounts to reasonable suspicion.

Reactions: 7
That’s not grounds for the police to get a warrant and search every house in the area though. The law doesn’t work like that.
I appreciate that. I was offering my opinion on how it should operate, not how it does in practice.

Reactions: 2
Not sure this is a reliable post. I don‘t even think Willow is a cocker spaniel, she looks like a springer to me.
Also, I may be wrong but wasn’t it running between the gate and the bench? The paper’s not wholly reliable?

Reactions: 3
I appreciate that. I was offering my opinion on how it should operate, not how it does in practice.
We will agree to disagree because I really do not think that’s how it should operate. It’s a basic principle of freedom imo.

Reactions: 6
Fascinated about this so he was found an hour or so back running between bench and river agitated……????
View attachment 1943200
Which part fascinates you? Or my whole dog post in general?

The screenshot you’ve shared (not sure where it’s from) has got the dog wrong, she’s a springer not cocker, and the timings are confused - her phone and the dog’s harness and lead were found at 9.35am with Willow running loose.
I wouldn’t rely on any other info from wherever you found that!

It’s all in the link in the recap post at the start of the thread 🙂

I’m not sure that I’ve seen anywhere what time her partner actually called the police.

Reactions: 2
I just can't help thinking about her poor young girls. What pain and confusion and heartbreak they must be going through right now. Whatever has happened, I hope a conclusion is drawn soon for their poor sakes.
I’m sure for them there’s a lot of distraction, friends, school, playing, TV, periods of forgetting…then remembering and asking when mummy will be home. How you keep your own distress at bay while trying to answer that question in a balanced way that sounds positive but doesn’t promise too much, I have absolutely no idea. Hopefully the “specially trained officers” are advising with that.

• Sad
  • Heart
I slipped in mud today actually walking my dog. Genuinely I did. The ground wasn’t as frozen as I thought it would be and I was writing a message on my phone so not paying attention.
I was in the middle of a field and it was pretty flat so I was able to steady myself.

But accidents do - and can - happen.
You be careful please! ❤

• Heart
The Faulding guy seems to be a bit of a have a go hero. He took a punt at finding Nicola because he wanted the noteworthy and attention. So far it’s fallen flat on it’s face. We just have to accept we have to wait for Mother Nature to give up her secrets so to speak.

I do not think Nicola walked away for the simple fact that Willow likely would’ve likely followed her. We have heard she was in distress about Nicola being gone and I do not think she would’ve just let her leave. I know dogs can be trained to stay but I do not buy this theory. I do wonder if her body may have gone beyond the weir by now. We don’t know how long she may have struggled and splashed for before if and when she succumbed to the water. I still think they need to take Willow back to where she was found, take her off the lead and see what happens.

The empty caravans in the park have been searched. The police have stated they have no reason to search occupied caravans as the search hasn't led them to occupied caravans. Unsure how the search led them to unoccupied but not occupied
The police would need a warrant to enter and search the occupied caravans and for that they would need evidence to present to a judge. They obviously have no evidence to do this.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.