Nicola Bulley Missing #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but she’s been missing for two weeks not months, they absolutely do not need money at this stage. Fair enough if she’s found and they need funeral costs but this is a disgrace.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
That GFM being created has left a bad taste in my mouth and I am beginning to think of unlikely and ridiculous scenarios. £100k? When people are offering their services and volunteers searching for Nicola with their own free time at no charge? Taking the piss. If it does turn out to be a friend or family member there’s something off about the entire thing. Shannon Matthews springs to mind
Exactly. They are in the middle of searching/ investigating.. it’s costing the family nothing. It made me think of that guy who faked the canoe drowning and went off to Panama!
If the GFM is being set up by a true friend it’s not being helpful.. it actually more suspicious?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Setting up a gfm isn't that unusual after a bereavement. Let's face it that's what this is. He's self employed and won't be working probably for quite some time. No doubt Nicola has life insurance but that takes time - years without a body.

Reactions: 11
I just think it's weird to have such a specific, high target amount.

Fair enough, ask friends and locals to donate to help the family with living expenses, but to just expect the UK to cough up 100k/50k is weird!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Setting up a gfm isn't that unusual after a bereavement. Let's face it that's what this is. He's self employed and won't be working probably for quite some time. No doubt Nicola has life insurance but that takes time - years without a body.
Yes but usually there is evidence of the death before a GFM. The timescale just makes this look iffy imo

Reactions: 21
Theyve reduced the amount from 100 to 50k. Whomever thought this a good idea was clearly thinking the donations would go through the roof … 6 hours in and not hit £500 with all the UK wide coverage?
Doesn’t sit well with me… they obviously don’t think she’s coming back if they’re asking for money at this stage?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
It’s probably been discussed here, but does anyone else think she may have had some mental breakdown and just took herself away? It happens even in the most loving of families.
Yes, it’s come up a few times as a possibility. Some think no way, some think likely.
Personally I think she wouldn’t have left the dog where she did, she’d have made sure the dog was safe at home.

Reactions: 14
Someone commented on a Facebook post that the kids go to a private school? Does anyone know if this is true? Maybe they need money for school fees if so?
Don't they go to the primary next to where Nicola disappeared? The impression I got was that she did the school run, parked up and walked.
If so that's not private, it's just a CofE primary school

Reactions: 19
Yes but usually there is evidence of the death before a GFM. The timescale just makes this look iffy imo
Plus the family are absolutely determined that she’s coming home (which I’m sure all of us would be in their situation)

Reactions: 6
I hope they finally stop cruising up and down that river. She left by her own will or she was taken by someone she knows. Maybe the captor wasn’t expecting police involvement so soon and in such weight. The person is from the village or that male acquitance without any relevant link to her who is on her friends list and might have some obsession with her. They might want to consider that village is quite tight and there are lots of relatives/families that know each other for generations and might not want to share anything with the police. The police should now investigate if anyone else in the village also disappeared and get a mandate to search the house. I am not playing csi here, I am just finding strange the police wasted so much time in such a lousy theory. I am just mentioning steps taken by the police before…

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hear me out.....

Assuming Nicolas body is found in the water 😔 might there be issues regarding a life insurance payout if there is any hint of Nicola entering the water through choice?

Everything being done regarding finding her is not expected to be paid by the family so no reason for the GFM.

Reactions: 10
I don't think the family have anything to do with this GFM, it's probably an over-zealous friend who wants to broadcast how great a friend (and therefore a person) they are. You get it all the time on Facebook: Someone will do a good deed and instead of being humble they'll make a post to make sure everyone knows how humble they are.

Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.