Nicola Bulley #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Except you cannot assume he’s innocent at all, as above the police have not stated they have ruled him out or ‘cleared’ him. There’s a lot of little things going on in Paul’s interview. Yes I appreciate mannerisms but does being neurodiverse mean you show no emotion whatsoever?
He’s done an awful lot of interviews, why do you think that is?
I don’t think he’s done that many but….. to get his much loved girlfriend home if he can?

Reactions: 17
I just want to make something clear as I think my point got very confused in the last thread. I was not suggesting for one moment that Nicola has left her children (I’ve said multiple times I think she fell into the river or has been abducted) I was replying to somebody who said they knew of someone who left their kids because they “just had enough of that life” and went to start a new one, and I clarified that I didn’t think Nicola would do that. I wasn’t suggesting that leaving due to a breakdown was a terrible thing to do, I just put myself in that situation and thought what I would do or wouldn’t do, and as I’ve had a breakdown I knew the worry going missing causes, and I know the feelings of abandonment from a traumatic childhood too. It’s a triggering subject and if anyone is reading these threads and can relate to feeling overwhelmed, or is feeling low… please, please reach out to somebody and tell them how you’re feeling. People do care, I promise.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
To get his much loved girlfriend home if he can?
Maybe, I am not going to argue with people on here for having an opinion that’s different to theirs. But you can’t rule him out. Hopefully time will tell either way as it’s so important for her family to have closure.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I honestly think this case shows that people have watched too many true crime documentaries on netflix. I'm not seeing any similarities at all here with Sarah Everard, Shannan Watts etc, other than the fact a missing woman is involved.
I feel like there is a parallel with the Madeline McCann case though, but only in that by trying to keep the case in the press the friends and family are being accused.

Reactions: 12
Is Paul ND then?
I don’t know if he’s neurodivergent or not.
I’m saying that the things that people are saying that he has done (e.g an awkward smile, facial expressions, eyes moving to the side) are all things that I do as a ND person, so if they’re accusing him of being involved in Nicolas disappearance based on these things, then it stands to reason that they’d accuse me of the same thing if I were in that situation.

Reactions: 14
I'm not keen to rule him out either, I just think there is nothing that suggests criminal activity, and when someone goes missing next to a river by far the most likely outcome is that they have fallen in and drowned. I think actually the opposite is true, I think people are keen to rule him in and believe it is all suspicious because the more likely outcome is not interesting enough for them.
I think this is part of the reason it also gained so much attention. Sure she just vanished but there’s plenty of other people that go missing without much of a trace and they never get picked up by the news. Here we have a whole dog and a river and an exit to focus on = entertainment for the true crime crowds

Reactions: 13
I also find Emma White strange with the smirking & smiling etc. On the ch5 prog at the end of the interview she said bring Paul & the girls.. (quickly changed it to) their rock home. She looked really annoyed with herself & I wouldn’t have thought much of it as she might be nervous on tv which is understandable, however she made this exact same slip up on the interview by the side of the road .. she didn’t notice she had said it wrong & said bring Paul & the girls home.. it’s a strange way to say it anyway rather than just saying we need to find Nicki.
I’ve not read every single comment on every thread as I’ve only joined up tonight but she has also had pics with Dan Walker on her Facebook profile last year .. who actually decided to do this programme… I’m not suggesting Emma .. I just mean with the police not wanting to be involved at all.
Emma has links to the media her husband Ed's Dad whose name is Stewart White was a presenter/journalist of Look East a regional BBC programme, Dan Walker was a presenter on BBC Breakfast news until last year before moving to Channel 5, Emma also has friends linked with appearing on Loose Woman and also a friend who got her access to the final of Strictly last year there various pics of her with the celebrities and dancers. Her Husband works away for a hotel chain in London, maybe he knows people who know people that can pull strings

Reactions: 24
I’m a bit confused on the “Paul and the girls” part. what was the context?
She ended up correcting herself saying we need to bring Paul & the girls their rock home.. yknow as in Nicki but she also said it in another interview without even correcting herself initially & just said we need to bring Paul & the girls home .. I think she meant to say we need to bring Nicki home to Paul & the girls .. it’s a long winded way of saying it & she’s slipped up twice now.. I find the whole Bring Nicki home sentence strange anyway that they all keep saying

Reactions: 13
Please read the recap if you are not up to date
Please don't be offended if you ask a question that's answered here and you're directed back to the recap rather than given a full answer.

Timeline:
0826 Nicola left home with her children and dog
0840 Nicola dropped her children at school and spoke briefly to another parent
0843 Nicola was seen walking along the path by the river towards the bench into the lower field
0847 (approx) Nicola was seen in the lower field by another dog walker. The dogs interacted and this dog walker knows Nicola
0853 Nicola sent an email to her boss
0859 Nicola sent a message to a friend
0901 Nicola joined a zoom team meeting - her phone was muted and her camera was off meaning her colleagues did not see or hear anything
0910 Nicola was seen in the upper field by another dog walker
0920 Nicola's phone was back in the area of the bench - this is confirmed by the Police through phone data
0930 the Zoom call ended but Nicola remained logged in
0933 Nicola's phone, along with Willow, the harness and lead were found at the bench area. The phone was on the bench; the harness was on the ground further down the bank towards the river (confirmed by Paul during Channel 5 Interview)
1050 Willow and the phone were still at the bench area. Paul was alerted and called the Police

The phone was still connected to Nicola's zoom call which had ended at 0930.
Willow (Nicola's dog) was loose in this area.

This video shows the small distance between gate, bench and river:

Doorbell footage has been shared of Nicola leaving home the morning she went missing to show the clothing she wore.
View attachment 1955062
There have been many discussions of whether this is actually Nicola, as some think it looks like her friend Emma. The fact remains that Nicola took her girls to school, and that cannot be disputed. Another parent spoke to her at school, and one of the sightings on the walk was someone who knew her personally.

There is some confusion over who loaded Willow into the car. During the Channel 5 interview Paul stated that if he was doing the school run and dog walk Nicola would load the girls and dog into the car, and vice versa, but that day Nicola was ready earlier than usual and she had them in the car already, even though she was the one taking them to school. He did not know why this was, just that Nicola was more organised that morning and ready earlier than usual.

Nicola parked at school, dropped her daughters off, and started the walk from there as usual.
View attachment 1955072
The fact that Willow's harness was off is normal - it was usually removed at the gate by the bench at the start of the walk, and put back on on the way back to the car.

Willow was dry when found, meaning that she had not at any point that morning been in the water. This has been discussed at great length over the threads so please search for it if you would like to understand more, or read this post for the quick version: https://tattle.life/threads/nicola-bulley-7.37276/post-13925742

____

The lady who found them is believed to be the owner of Wyreside Farm Caravan Park which is very close to the bench and area that Nicola is thought to have entered to the river. This is not the same caravan site as the broken or non-functioning CCTV.
The lady secured Willow - apparently with string (we do not know why, when the harness and lead were there) - and left as she had an appointment. She recognised the dog but couldn't remember who the owner was, so called her daughter in law.
At 1050 the daughter in law attended the bench area and identified both Willow and the Lock Screen photo on the phone as Nicola's. She called Nicola's daughters' school, who in turn called Nicola's partner, Paul.
There is much speculation but no facts for the gap in time here.
Paul left home by car, calling the Police on the way to report Nicola as missing.
___

Caravan Parks & Campsites
There has been confusion over the caravan parks:
Wyreside is a campsite near to the bench. The owner is alleged to have found Willow and the phone.
Rowanwater is a mobile home park next to the top field. This is where Nicola was last seen. This is where the broken / non-functioning CCTV is.

___

Exits from the walking route are not all covered by CCTV - Rowanwater Mobile Home Park (camera not working) YELLOW and the Garstang Road exit PURPLE. CCTV does cover the riverside path (ORANGE) and the school (GREEN). Police are working to contact all drivers to obtain dashcam footage where possible on the A road but there were around 700 drivers to contact. Nicola's friends held an appeal for dash cam footage here on Friday 10/2.
View attachment 1955082——

___

Search Efforts
A helicopter with thermal imaging was deployed, and divers were in the river, the day Nicola went missing.
Lancs Police have been using the caravan park as their base. All empty caravans have been searched, as have local empty properties along and near to the riverbank.
Nicola’s family are keeping all possibilities open in the hope of Nicola’s safe return, which is absolutely understandable.
SGI headed by Peter Faulding assisted the search efforts at the request of the family. Unfortunately, they found no trace of Nicola in the area they searched.

____

Nicola's partner Paul
Paul has never been named as a suspect. This has always been called a missing person investigation by the Police so there are no suspects.
Paul is the father of Nicola's daughters. The fact her refers to 'the girls' or 'her girls' is irrelevant.
Paul has a mark on his face near his left eye which some think is a bruise; some think is from recent botox. It is visible on old photos seen by more than one person who have looked at Nicola's Facebook posts, so it is not a bruise or botox. It's likely to be pigmentation or a birthmark.

Nicola’s partner's businesses are a frequent question: has a business which is shown on Companies House as ‘compulsory strike off’ just after Nicola’s disappearance. This does not in any way suggest financial difficulties. It purely means the company was already in the process of being closed.
He is director of another company which is still trading, and he works in a skilled industry.
It is explained here https://tattle.life/threads/nicola-bulley-missing-4.37193/post-13873756

There is another previous company which has an address similar to Rowanwater Mobile Home Park. It is not linked to the mobile home park in any way. It is Paul and Nicola's previous house.

____

Other / Misc
The area that Nicola walked in has frequently been referred to as a park, and many posters think there will be much local CCTV and Ring doorbell coverage. It is not a park. Nicola's walk was over fields, in the countryside by a village. The only CCTV is on businesses that happen to be there. There is no doorbell footage because there are no houses.

Lancs Police gave an update via press conference on Tuesday 7/2 confirming that they are still focussing huge resource on the search effort and asking the general public to avoid doing anything to make this any more difficult. Transcript here: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/nicola-bulley-missing-press-conference-26181487

The police have continuously stated that the most likely situation is that Nicola has sadly somehow entered the water, but they remain open to all possibilities and fully investigate all information they receive. There have been 40 detectives working on the case.

Although the water was only around 2.5-3.5ft deep where Nicola is thought to have fallen in, the bank is high and steep. The police diver had to be helped out.
View attachment 1955070

Cold water shock can mean that you are incapacitated quickly and silently. Info here: https://www.rya.org.uk/knowledge/safety/look-after-yourself/cold-water-shock

It's also possible that Nicola was unconscious before she entered the water, for example following a medical episode, or that she slipped and hit her head on rocks under the water.

This post gives more information about why a body may not be found in a river: https://tattle.life/threads/nicola-bulley-8.37288/post-13940903

A GoFundMe page was set up on Monday 6/2 by family friend Emma with a target of £100,000. This was quickly changed after social media unrest to £50,000, then £5,000. Shortly after, the page was closed before it raised even £500, and the friend posted on Facebook to state that the family didn’t initially know she was doing it, and she was just trying to help.

____

There have been mixed messages about a possible mental health element on previous threads.
Any speculation here about Nicola's mental health should come from a place of concern, not judgement.

Anyone who has struggled, or is struggling, with mental illness knows that at times it is more powerful than anything else and takes over all rational thought. If that has played a part in Nicola going missing (which - to be clear - her family or Police have not suggested) it does not mean that she doesn't love her family, especially her children, more than anything in the world.

Please be mindful of Nicola’s family with any comments made ❤
Nest

Best recap you‘re the best Thank you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Genuinely think people would subconsciously prefer third party involvement. For two reasons 1) ghoulish as it is, a third party being involved is more interesting than the more likely alternative, and in the age of social media, tabloid gossip and true crime people get a thrill out of it though I'm sure that would be denied by many and (2) it is really terrifying to think that an accident like that could happen to you out of the blue. So suspicion of a third party removes that a bit further from the plane of most people's ideas of their daily lives and loved ones - ie, that would never happen to them because their partner isn't "dodgy".

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Are we really on page 3 already just by talking about whether Paul could be involved and with no mention of is the do……. No I won’t say it.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Emma has links to the media her husband Ed's Dad whose name is Stewart White was a presenter/journalist of Look East a regional BBC programme, Dan Walker was a presenter on BBC Breakfast news until last year before moving to Channel 5, Emma also has friends linked with appearing on Loose Woman and also a friend who got her access to the final of Strictly last year there various pics of her with the celebrities and dancers. Her Husband works away for a hotel chain in London, maybe he knows people who know people that can pull strings
Thank you. I come up with more & more questions than I do answers with all this. I feel clueless.

Reactions: 6
She ended up correcting herself saying we need to bring Paul & the girls their rock home.. yknow as in Nicki but she also said it in another interview without even correcting herself initially & just said we need to bring Paul & the girls home .. I think she meant to say we need to bring Nicki home to Paul & the girls .. it’s a long winded way of saying it & she’s slipped up twice now.. I find the whole Bring Nicki home sentence strange anyway that they all keep saying
I know did you see she’s made it a hashtag and had a change your profile pic yellow thing the other day? I think she’s just that kind of person and has gone into overdrive.

If it was me though I’d be faking my disappearance to get away from people like this🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I don’t know if he’s neurodivergent or not.
I’m saying that the things that people are saying that he has done (e.g an awkward smile, facial expressions, eyes moving to the side) are all things that I do as a ND person, so if they’re accusing him of being involved in Nicolas disappearance based on these things, then it stands to reason that they’d accuse me of the same thing if I were in that situation.
I think as much as anything, he is heavily medicated.

(@InTheDollsHouse ❤)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sorry if this has been discussed but has there been any more info regarding the 2 strange men seen at the local church on that morning?

Reactions: 9
I ran over it last thread but the family have a big focus on how she’s a “mummy” to the girls (and then the dog in the C5 interview). If you take it that they genuinely think she walked off and staged her own disappearance, the emotive language has a bit of a guilt trip/encouragement purpose to it directly aimed at Nicola

Reactions: 7
I'm not keen to rule him out either, I just think there is nothing that suggests criminal activity, and when someone goes missing next to a river by far the most likely outcome is that they have fallen in and drowned. I think actually the opposite is true, I think people are keen to rule him in and believe it is all suspicious because the more likely outcome is not interesting enough for them.
I found it weird the police got the family to do an appeal-if they really think she accidentally drowned what can the public do? The police were already scouring the river, so she was either going to be found that way or a dog walker (most likely) will sadly come across her weeks later. I don't see why you would need to do an appeal if you were so sure of your theory. The public can't go looking round the river (I'm sure that's the last thing the police want) I understand it making local news in case anyone had any info that might've been missed, but national? Why is it in the publics interest or why do an appeal when there is sadly not much anyone can do in an accidental drowning? That's what doesn't make any sense to me. Then again I guess if the family asked to do an appeal in desperation and they have press connections, that could be the reason.

Reactions: 18
Yes it’s an opinion, this is a thread of opinions, his so called albi, door camera footage doesn’t show him not leaving the house and doesn’t rule him out. That would be incredibly naive to think that.
It’s more interesting to me that so many of you are so keen to rule him out.
Because the police wouldn’t not give us their working hypothesis on Nicola's disappearance if they weren’t very sure.

Paul is going to be the first person ruled out of being involved in her disappearance.

Imagine how much trouble Lancs Police will be in if it turns out Nicola has been abducted or murdered by Paul. The police encouraged the Philpotts and others in front of the press because they suspected them, and at that point did not announce anything else. They set a trap, but Lancs Police have told us what they think happened to Nicola and not to speculate about Paul.

You could be absolutely correct, but I disagree and I think Lancs Police would be in a shitload of trouble if they’d got this so wrong. Remember everything they do is being checked .

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.