Nicola Bulley #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ran over it last thread but the family have a big focus on how sheā€™s a ā€œmummyā€ to the girls (and then the dog in the C5 interview). If you take it that they genuinely think she walked off and staged her own disappearance, the emotive language has a bit of a guilt trip/encouragement purpose to it directly aimed at Nicola
Or theyā€™re aiming it at this who may have taken her and are reiterating what theyā€™ve taken away?

Reactions: 3
AF1A2966-BE80-4B75-A47C-09EFAB47B137.jpeg

On Nicolas page someone has commented that this in the background of her picture is ā€˜a person with their foot up on the benchā€™ sorry but Iā€™ve never laughed so muchā€¦they even did a drawing
88817087-6B8F-49DB-9600-735CA79E74FC.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I found it weird the police got the family to do an appeal-if they really think she accidentally drowned what can the public do? The police were already scouring the river,
The family isnā€™t in an agreement with the police that sheā€™s in the river and seem to go between suggesting that a third party is involved or that she willingly disappeared herself. I donā€™t think the police have told them to do much but sit and wait tbh, but since theyā€™re not in agreement they canā€™t do that

Worth noting that after the C5 interview there were a couple of articles about how the police werenā€™t doing enough and were wrong about the river

Or theyā€™re aiming it at this who may have taken her and are reiterating what theyā€™ve taken away?
People pointed out rightly that they never address anyone but Nicola. Could be that they have been told directly by the police not to and so donā€™t want to lose cooperation. Itā€™s hard to say because again they flip flop between suggesting that someone did something to saying sheā€™s alive and well and just walked out

Reactions: 7
Sorry if this has been discussed but has there been any more info regarding the 2 strange men seen at the local church on that morning?
Iā€™ve not even heard of this. Thereā€™s a lot of click bait articles in the press about vehicles, maybe itā€™s a similar thing??

have you got a link?

Reactions: 1
But they did have a routine for it, he explained what usually happens in the mornings (ie they take it in turns where one loads car and other takes kids/dog) so if something changed that morning it could be significant. Isn't that the whole point of a routine? It's something you do everyday. If it changed for some reason, why? There could be a million reasons, but surely Paul would know and give the reason. If they take it in turns why? Does it go by days or what? Did someone lying in wait for her know she always takes the dog on a Friday? I just think it needs clearing up. I still don't know how often she took the dog but I'm scared to ask because it seems like it must've been asked a million times like the wet dog question!
That morning being slightly different and the fact that Nicola seemed very organised, stood out to alot of people. Was she organised because she had a plan to leave and needed everything to go smoothly and run on time, who knows. It seemed like Paul didn't really feel anything was off about it, he said it was a normal morning, he would normally put Willow in the car but Nicola had already done it. I personally don't find anything sinister about it but I can see why some people honed in on that.

Reactions: 14
Iā€™ll leave it to you think how that couldā€™ve easily been manoeuvred, ie are there cameras on every exit of his house?
The Police are scouring cctv, door bell camera and dash cams for sightings of Nicola.

they will also be checking to see in anyone else pops up who shouldnā€™t because no one has a more inbuilt suspiciousometer than a police personage ā€¦ and the first thing to do in a missing person case is to clear the ground of extraneous people and they are really quite adept at following more than one line of enquiry at one. investigations arenā€™t linear.

if an idea on social media starts with ā€˜have the police thoughtā€¦ā€™ I would be shocked and stunned if the the answer wasnā€™t ā€˜yesā€™.

Reactions: 16
The things quoting locals apparently giving evidence to the police.. the red van and the 2 suspicious men THE DAY BEFORE SHE WENT MISSING are just people giving info to papers. Not evidence. The police specifically have NOT asked people to look out for these.

Reactions: 9
Genuinely think people would subconsciously prefer third party involvement. For two reasons 1) ghoulish as it is, a third party being involved is more interesting than the more likely alternative, and in the age of social media, tabloid gossip and true crime people get a thrill out of it though I'm sure that would be denied by many and (2) it is really terrifying to think that an accident like that could happen to you out of the blue. So suspicion of a third party removes that a bit further from the plane of most people's ideas of their daily lives and loved ones - ie, that would never happen to them because their partner isn't "dodgy".
(there was meant to be a TikTok here about one of those if I go missing binders but unfortunately itā€™s too long. Basically some women seem to enjoy the idea that they could be victims of a violent crime)

I think the idea that some people almost want to imagine that they could be a victim in the future also has something to do with it šŸ¤

Sorry for any arguments this may cause

• Wow
Talking about the press, I read this today. not sure if anyone else bought it here already? Apologies if so.

The three reasons why I believe Nicola Bulley IS in the river

#

Another thingā€¦. The police have been asking for dashcam footage but ours overwrites itself every 5 or 15 minutes (canā€™t remember). What are other peopleā€™s like? I thought itā€™s possible even if anything was seen on someone elseā€™s, it could have already been overwritten šŸ˜¢

Because the police wouldnā€™t not give us their working hypothesis on Nicola's disappearance if they werenā€™t very sure.

Paul is going to be the first person ruled out of being involved in her disappearance.

Imagine how much trouble Lancs Police will be in if it turns out Nicola has been abducted or murdered by Paul. The police encouraged the Philpotts and others in front of the press because they suspected them, and at that point did not announce anything else. They set a trap, but Lancs Police have told us what they think happened to Nicola and not to speculate about Paul.

You could be absolutely correct, but I disagree and I think Lancs Police would be in a shitload of trouble if theyā€™d got this so wrong. Remember everything they do is being checked .
They said in the police press conference that the National Crime Agency had been through everything and agreed with the investigation direction thus far,

The things quoting locals apparently giving evidence to the police.. the red van and the 2 suspicious men THE DAY BEFORE SHE WENT MISSING are just people giving info to papers. Not evidence. The police specifically have NOT asked people to look out for these.
One of those two men were also seen the same morning of the disappearance

I think this is part of the reason it also gained so much attention. Sure she just vanished but thereā€™s plenty of other people that go missing without much of a trace and they never get picked up by the news. Here we have a whole dog and a river and an exit to focus on = entertainment for the true crime crowds
It's a locked room mystery. Outdoors.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.