Nicola Bulley #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off topic.
My 80 year old mum walks her dog twice a day, pretty much at the same time over some fields near where she lives.
She never has her ‘phone switched on. I’ve told her that she really should just walk her dog round the block in case she falls because at least she would be found quickly. She also has dementia added in to the mix. I’m so concerned for her safety especially because her dementia means she’s lost all rational thought regarding danger now.
I know someone on this thread said they used an airtag on a family member. Does this need to be the vicinity of a ‘phone? She never has hers switched on and it’s not a smart ‘phone anyway. I was just wondering if an airtag was attached to her keyring and synced with my ‘phone then at least I’d see if she got home safely. I live 2 hours away. Is that possible?
Sorry for posting this here but we are talking about safety so thought I’d ask. Thanks.
Literally could have written the same about my 76 year old mum. She walks down by the river Thames near her and never takes her phone 😭 worries me so much

• Sad
Reactions: 11

Another ‘expert’ throwing his hat and opinion in the ring
i wondered how long it would take him.
Obviously slim pickings from the Portugal case these days so he needs to diversify

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't think the gap of time before the dil went to check is necessarily strange, perhaps she was out and about at the time she was told, and said she'd look when she got home? Something like that anyway.
Personally I wouldn’t bother to go after so long which is why I find it odd. These are related people, the MIL found it strange enough to mention so the DIL went to check it out it’s not necessarily that the DIL should have dropped everything and gone, more during that period of time there isn’t another passer by who also noticed this wierd situation? Or maybe there is. Just a bit odd and something about it just seems really wierd.

Reactions: 4
Off topic.
My 80 year old mum walks her dog twice a day, pretty much at the same time over some fields near where she lives.
She never has her ‘phone switched on. I’ve told her that she really should just walk her dog round the block in case she falls because at least she would be found quickly. She also has dementia added in to the mix. I’m so concerned for her safety especially because her dementia means she’s lost all rational thought regarding danger now.
I know someone on this thread said they used an airtag on a family member. Does this need to be the vicinity of a ‘phone? She never has hers switched on and it’s not a smart ‘phone anyway. I was just wondering if an airtag was attached to her keyring and synced with my ‘phone then at least I’d see if she got home safely. I live 2 hours away. Is that possible?
Sorry for posting this here but we are talking about safety so thought I’d ask. Thanks.
Pretty sure it just has to be synced with a phone. I had one in my work bag. Working in the city made me uncomfortable so I had it connected/synced it with my other half’s phone who was nowhere near me on the days I travelled to the office but he could see where I was if needed. Now I use it for my car keys as I have a habit of loosing them 🙈

Reactions: 7
I’m sorry if this is a ‘was the dog wet?’ question but I’m struggling to keep up. Where was the phone found? I’ve seen reports say it was found on the bench but also reports that say it was on the floor and was put on the bench by the person who found it.

I always presumed she’d put the phone down on the bench to go and check the water for willow and fell but the phone being on the floor doesn’t really support that. You don’t just drop your phone.

Reactions: 4
Off topic.
it has to be close to an iPhone to work. I’m sure there might be something that doesnt need that, though. I’ve seen people talk about ‘Tile’ so that might be worth looking at x

Reactions: 5
I've been trying to keep up with these threads but have probably missed loads so please don't shout as I'm sure it's been covered many times 🙂

The strangest thing for me is her phone being found on the ground. I could understand if she'd spotted something odd in the water, gone to look and very sadly fell in but surely she'd have put her phone on the bench or had it on her person

Who knows what to I would do if you found a phone on the ground/bench (hindsight now tells us it belongs to a missing person)

But in all honesty I probably wouldnt touch it...I would think its been dropped or left by accident and as it was a quiet spot would leave for the person to come back and find it. If I took it I would probably stress about being accused of stealing it...and would stress someone is going around looking for it and the whole time I have it! If it was in the middle of town probably do something different but in a quiet spot would most likely leave it.

If found a dog loose probably leave that too...as wouldn't connect the two...I wouldn't have wanted to go near it incase it wasn't friendly....so wouldn't have tied it up....again not wanting to take it away incase accused of dog napping! Or the owner looking for it close by.

We now know these are connected to a missing person.

What I would do is pop a post on local FB to say about lost dog/phone...

The lady that found them did more than I would have! I'm not a suspicious character I promise you!
---

I've been trying to keep up with these threads but have probably missed loads so please don't shout as I'm sure it's been covered many times 🙂

The strangest thing for me is her phone being found on the ground. I could understand if she'd spotted something odd in the water, gone to look and very sadly fell in but surely she'd have put her phone on the bench or had it on her person
Phone could have been on bench and the dog could have jumped up to sniff it and knocked it off...

Personally I wouldn’t bother to go after so long which is why I find it odd. These are related people, the MIL found it strange enough to mention so the DIL went to check it out it’s not necessarily that the DIL should have dropped everything and gone, more during that period of time there isn’t another passer by who also noticed this wierd situation? Or maybe there is. Just a bit odd and something about it just seems really wierd.
It difficult isn’t it, without knowing how busy it normally is at that time of day. Our local dog walking field/park is busy between 7 and 9 in the morning … then it goes really quiet until a mid afternoon flurry. by 6 or 7 at night, it’s done and quiet again. Go between those times and you needn’t see anyone else.

Reactions: 5
Willow could have knocked the phone off the bench on to the ground if she was up looking on it. She could also have moved the harness.

Re people not also reporting willow by the gate, if she freed herself from the string (which I think we’re told she did?) she could have run further and people may not have noticed her on her own. She could have been further along or further down the bank - especially if she’s seen Nicola go in, she could have been by the river watching (just obviously not in the river as I believe she may have been dry 😉).

This is just reminding me of the time when Sarah Everard went missing and sadly found murdered and someone just knew the perpetrator was guilty simply because he was bald and that all bald men are psychopathic.
They didn't lie.

• Haha
Gosh this thread is moving quick…. Haven’t posted since 3, but reading all your comments about the caravan owner gets me thinking, who owns these fields she was walking in? Are they owned by the caravan site? Are they growing crops in them? I live close to where the PCSO in Kent was murdered and it was one of the local landowners/keepers can’t remember which who took a picture of the murderer as they thought he looked suspicious walking across the fields! Their quick thinking helped catch him really quick. I was woundering if a local farmer etc would have been out and about.

Anyways im waffling and overthinking!!

Also why happened to Gloria??! She hasn’t posted in a while or have I missed her!! 🙈

• Haha
it has to be close to an iPhone to work. I’m sure there might be something that doesnt need that, though. I’ve seen people talk about ‘Tile’ so that might be worth looking at x
Tile is similar, relies on bluetooth connections to phones to work. There are things out there that would do what the OP wants, but would need to have their own sim card / phone signal and GPS. There are ones out there that are designed for dogs / cats etc.

Reactions: 2
When the caravan lady found the dog and ‘phone it was around 9.20am/9.30am. She said she had an appointment so couldn’t stop but, after tying up Willow, she called her daughter in law.

Her daughter-in-law then contacted the school/Paul and he/they went to the scene and we are now being told this was at 10.50am.

Has it been ascertained if the caravan lady called her DIL around 9.20am or around 10.50am?
If it was at 9.20am, why did the DIL wait an hour and a half before doing anything?
If it was not until 10.50am that she called her DIL, again why the long wait?

That’s one of the things that has puzzled me.

It was only this week that we discovered the 90 minute gap, prior to that I thought Paul was informed around 9.30am.
A lot could happen in 90 minutes. Has this 90 minute delay been confirmed by the police? I think it was one of Nicola’s friends that posted it in her timeline.
Could caravan lady have called her DIL at 9.20ish and her DIL been out on errands, so It took time for her to get to the area to recognise whose dog it was, then called the school, who then rang Paul. It probably wasn’t the first time caravan lady had seen a stray dog. She may not have been thinking straight if she‘d got to be somewhere and didn’t give it much thought, as she’d knew her DIL was going to come and look. Some people aren’t reported missing for a lot longer and as much as two hours seems a long time, in reality it isn’t; to ring someone, they’ve then got to finish what they’re doing, walk or drive to that part of the village, possibly park the car, then walk to the area to locate the dog and phone, all taking time. I can’t imagine for one minute caravan lady would think it would turn out as it has, especially if she’s lived there years and nothing like that has happened before, also she just may not have a suspicious mind.

Last edited:
It difficult isn’t it, without knowing how busy it normally is at that time of day. Our local dog walking field/park is busy between 7 and 9 in the morning … then it goes really quiet until a mid afternoon flurry. by 6 or 7 at night, it’s done and quiet again. Go between those times and you needn’t see anyone else.
Yes except the DIL recognised the dog/phone (have read both so not sure which one she recognised) as belonging to Nicola which is why she called the school. So the DIL must go there at a similar time usually and know she has school age children and what school they go to, maybe she has children herself I really don’t know.

a Facebook post shared here from Nicola posted after the school holidays leads me to believe it was not a walk she did with her children as a rule at that time of the day.

I don’t necessarily find it suspicious, I just find it really odd behaviour from both of them.

Reactions: 3
Gosh this thread is moving quick…. Haven’t posted since 3, but reading all your comments about the caravan owner gets me thinking, who owns these fields she was walking in? Are they owned by the caravan site? Are they growing crops in them? I live close to where the PCSO in Kent was murdered and it was one of the local landowners/keepers can’t remember which who took a picture of the murderer as they thought he looked suspicious walking across the fields! Their quick thinking helped catch him really quick. I was woundering if a local farmer etc would have been out and about.

Anyways im waffling and overthinking!!

Also why happened to Gloria??! She hasn’t posted in a while or have I missed her!! 🙈
She’s on the nurses strike threads telling people not to believe what they’re told by the government 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Not to start the ‘willow was dry’ topic again, but officially willow was found tied up to the bench with a piece of string at 10:50. Caravan woman claimed she saw her at 9:33 or around that time. Police weren’t officially called until 11am. That makes it atleast a 2 hour undocumented window which I think needs more emphasis/investigation by the cops.

Reactions: 1
I never said don't walk through fields alone for the fear of what if .

My point was even if we did happen to question the safety of an area we do still go there anyway because if the dog enjoys it then that's probably all that matters to most of us owners.
I know, I was agreeing with you, sorry if it came across otherwise ❣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.