Nicola Bulley #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just seen this on Facebook šŸ™„, Iā€™ve cover the lads face as he obviously doesnā€™t want to be seen. I was just wondering if anyone had seen the ā€œmediumsā€ original post to see what it said?

p.s the name at the bottom of the photo isnā€™t me, I think it must be from the original screenshot ā˜ŗ

eta the photo šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø
View attachment 1948170
ridiculous ! he didnt threaten anyone more lies dont help nicola be found. Hope the tik tokkers get arrested. The tik tokker was the threatening one not the man and his wife and children how awful

Reactions: 12
I think she's been abducted or ran off to start a new life. No way I think she went in that river - you wouldn't even check a river for a dog why would you? You'd know by the temp of the day if it was too cold. And why would she leave her phone on a work call? Who to? Did the person on the other side not notice something strange? Who was on the otherside of the call ? No one?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Could caravan lady have called her DIL at 9.20ish and her DIL been out on errands, so It took time for her to get to the area to recognise whose dog it was, then called the school, who then rang Paul. It probably wasnā€™t the first time caravan lady had seen a stray dog and she may not have been thinking straight if sheā€˜d got to be somewhere and didnā€™t give it much thought as sheā€™d knew her DIL was going to come and look. Some people arenā€™t reported missing for a lot longer and as much as two hours seems a long time in reality it isnā€™t. I canā€™t imagine for one minute caravan lady would think it would turn out as it has, especially if sheā€™s lived there years and nothing like that has happened before and she just may not have a suspicious mind.
I agree.
Iā€™m not blaming caravan lady at all.
I just find it strange that the police havenā€™t mentioned that there is a 80-90 minute gap which is unaccounted for.
Initially it was implied that the dog and ā€˜phone were discovered at 9.30am and Paul was informed and rushed up there.
They never stated he didnā€™t get there until 10.50am which makes me wonder if that is correct or is it another friend mixing it up again.
Missing 10 minutes and not seeing her in the river/vicinity is very different to missing 80/90 minutes and not seeing her.

I donā€™t think there is anything odd in caravan lady walking her dog before an important appointment. She wouldā€™ve worked out how much time she had before she needed to leave which wouldnā€™t have allowed her time to start searching, etc. I also donā€™t think she was wrong to leave Willow there. Imagine if sheā€™d have taken her home and then gone to her appointment, it would have caused even more confusion.

Not to start the ā€˜willow was dryā€™ topic again, but officially willow was found tied up to the bench with a piece of string at 10:50. Caravan woman claimed she saw her at 9:33 or around that time. Police werenā€™t officially called until 11am. That makes it atleast a 2 hour undocumented window which I think needs more emphasis/investigation by the cops.
They seem to be very focused on a certain window of time, I think they know more than they will share. Time will tell, I guess

Reactions: 14
Yes except the DIL recognised the dog/phone (have read both so not sure which one she recognised) as belonging to Nicola which is why she called the school. So the DIL must go there at a similar time usually and know she has school age children and what school they go to, maybe she has children herself I really donā€™t know.

a Facebook post shared here from Nicola posted after the school holidays leads me to believe it was not a walk she did with her children as a rule at that time of the day.

I donā€™t necessarily find it suspicious, I just find it really odd behaviour from both of them.
I donā€™t, to be honest. We have to remember from the point of view of now that then it was just a random, possibly stray dog. Mum had appointment to keep and couldnā€˜t hang about. Daughter in law agreed to take a look. I can honestly say in that situation as presented, I wouldnā€™t have dropped everything to get there either. If Iā€™d thought anything Iā€™d probably have gone through, sheā€™s on one again, the owner will be there, she just didnā€™t see her. Iā€™ll have a look when Iā€™ve done me hoovering.

if these cases tell me anything itā€™s that Iā€™m a non-civic minded terrible witness.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I know what people mean when they say about dogs not being friendly, but itā€™s a spaniel šŸ¤£ the only thing Iā€™d be worried about is that it would lick me to death. šŸ™ˆ

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Air tags donā€™t need to be near your phone to work, they bounce off all apple phones nearby. This explains it
Off topic.
Thank you for this. My mum does have an iPad so, in theory, when she arrived home from her dog walks the airtag would use the Bluetooth to communicate with her iPad? Would I then be able to see her location on my iPhone to know she is home safely?

Apologies again everyone. šŸ˜³

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I donā€™t, to be honest. We have to remember from the point of view of now that then it was just a random, possibly stray dog. Mum had appointment to keep and couldnā€˜t hang about. Daughter in law agreed to take a look. I can honestly say in that situation as presented, I wouldnā€™t have dropped everything to get there either. If Iā€™d thought anything Iā€™d probably have gone through, sheā€™s on one again, the owner will be there, she just didnā€™t see her. Iā€™ll have a look when Iā€™ve done me hoovering.

if these cases tell me anything itā€™s that Iā€™m a non-civic minded terrible witness.
I would be the same type of witness too!!

Hindsight is telling us those possessions belong to a now missing person.

If I found them at the time...I would have left them! Or a cursory glance to see owner and probably a FB post to local group saying dog not with owner...hoping reunited now...šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

I found Gloria elsewhere! Shoots from the hip, love it!

• Haha

I get what you're saying but if you're not going to instantly rush there, why bother going after over an hour....surely you'd think "that dog would be well gone and the phone too"?

Reactions: 5
If my MIL had a bee in her bonnet about dogs not on leads and called me at 9.30 am telling me sheā€™d found a loose dog and a phone, Iā€™d be like šŸ™„ ffs. Maybe Iā€™m a dick but I wouldnā€™t drop everything and immediately go. Iā€™d go when Iā€™d finished what I was doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Off topic.
Thank you for this. My mum does have an iPad so, in theory, when she arrived home from her dog walks the airtag would use the Bluetooth to communicate with her iPad? Would I then be able to see her location on my iPhone to know she is home safely?

Apologies again everyone. šŸ˜³
Yes :)

• Heart
I get what you're saying but if you're not going to instantly rush there, why bother going after over an hour....surely you'd think "that dog would be well gone and the phone too"?
It would be a <heavy sigh> Iā€™ve told her Iā€™d go so Iā€™d better show willing or Iā€™ll never hear the end of it job.

I think she's been abducted or ran off to start a new life. No way I think she went in that river - you wouldn't even check a river for a dog why would you? You'd know by the temp of the day if it was too cold. And why would she leave her phone on a work call? Who to? Did the person on the other side not notice something strange? Who was on the otherside of the call ? No one?
I'm pondering this.
---

I know what people mean when they say about dogs not being friendly, but itā€™s a spaniel šŸ¤£ the only thing Iā€™d be worried about is that it would lick me to death. šŸ™ˆ
Yep. Mine thinks everyone is his best friend

Reactions: 4

Realised I pretty much said the same!

Reactions: 5
If my MIL had a bee in her bonnet about dogs not on leads and called me at 9.30 am telling me sheā€™d found a loose dog and a phone, Iā€™d be like šŸ™„ ffs. Maybe Iā€™m a dick but I wouldnā€™t drop everything and immediately go. Iā€™d go when Iā€™d finished what I was doing.
I thought similar tbh.
She could have called her DIL ranting that a bloody dog was off the lead again, etc and sheā€™d better tell her friend to sort it because if it got to her chickensā€¦*
That could also explain why she tied the dog to the bench.

*all hypothetical, NOT fact, just to clarify! šŸ™‚

I just wstched the Lorraine interview with Emma White from this morning.....that road is REALLY busy.

• Sad
Itā€™s been mentioned, yes, but itā€™s also been corrected each time
But first impressions count. Itā€™s pretty clear many posters have knee jerk reactions to the first thing they read rather than double checking. It takes bit seconds to check on its veracity before posting.

Reactions: 4
Off topic.
My 80 year old mum walks her dog twice a day, pretty much at the same time over some fields near where she lives.
She never has her ā€˜phone switched on. Iā€™ve told her that she really should just walk her dog round the block in case she falls because at least she would be found quickly. She also has dementia added in to the mix. Iā€™m so concerned for her safety especially because her dementia means sheā€™s lost all rational thought regarding danger now.
I know someone on this thread said they used an airtag on a family member. Does this need to be the vicinity of a ā€˜phone? She never has hers switched on and itā€™s not a smart ā€˜phone anyway. I was just wondering if an airtag was attached to her keyring and synced with my ā€˜phone then at least Iā€™d see if she got home safely. I live 2 hours away. Is that possible?
Sorry for posting this here but we are talking about safety so thought Iā€™d ask. Thanks.
I hope your mum is doing well ā¤my grandad had dementia that went to Alzheimerā€™s he is still going strong at 86 years of age thank god. He lives in a nursing home now as he became worse over the last 2 years and didnā€™t know the difference between night and day so we had no choice but to put him in residential care where he can be looked after 24/7 if he wanders around at night etc. the tracker we had worked on our phones we had one in his car (he used to drive up to 84 but then he wasnā€™t able to pass his driving medical so they took him off the road) my mam organised the personal tracking device (he wore it around his neck on a chain with my Nanā€™s wedding ring) I believe it was from this website : https://ubeequee.ie/product/gps-tra...azuau8yG-Gz0sRWLqbeyeiFwS-l_cWyhoCsM4QAvD_BwE
She could track him on her phone at any time from anywhere if she logged in. Several times he took off walking from his house (rural area) in the night thinking it was early morning or morning time and he got lost and confused. It really helped when he got lost down the town as well he went for a haircut and ended up the opposite end of the town waiting for a bus šŸ˜Š he said he was going to the races so he was happy out! Itā€™s funny looking back he would have a laugh when he realised he wasnā€™t home or heā€™d come out in his slippers instead of his shoes. Humour is a great medicine. Anyway I hope that helps you & im sure thereā€™s companies in the UK that offer a tracking service too. It was so accurate to the road and shops etc and it would show green where heā€™d walked and I could see if heā€™d gone in circles or how far heā€™d walked and how long it took him. In his car it even gave speed he was driving at its amazing what tech can do now.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If I was running off to start a new life, or abducting someone, Iā€™m throwing that phone to the bottom of the river. Not leaving it on a bench connected to a call.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.