Nicola Bulley #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbh it doesn't matter what any of us would have done, it wasn't us and the lady did what she did. It's done. Hopefully if there is anything suss around what she said the police are investigating accordingly.

Not to be that bleep but it's getting a little deraily and hard to catch up with people making the dog dry/wet joke every few posts 😇

Reactions: 24
It's been reported that most entrances and exits to the river footpath area are covered by CCTV. If that is the case I'm surprised police have not released footage of Nicola and the dog arriving. This often happens in cases of missing people to attempt to jog the memories of the public.

Reactions: 12
It's been reported that most entrances and exits to the river footpath area are covered by CCTV. If that is the case I'm surprised police have not released footage of Nicola and the dog arriving. This often happens in cases of missing people to attempt to jog the memories of the public.
I've just watched the Lorraine interview and from what was said it seems like the missing CCTV from the main exit. Which I'm assuming is her coming back down towards the school, retracing her entry?

Reactions: 2
Would the combination of the phone/harness and dog not have made someone concerned though? The three things on their own you could shrug off and I wouldn’t get involved if I saw a dog off the lead as it happens all the time plus I’m terrified of dogs 😂 or if I saw a random phone I wouldn’t touch it. but if I saw all of those things together I would be concerned it was a bit odd and report it to the non urgent local police number. I wouldn’t call my DIL or a school or whatever else I’d just leave everything exactly as it was and report it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Off topic.
Thank you for this. My mum does have an iPad so, in theory, when she arrived home from her dog walks the airtag would use the Bluetooth to communicate with her iPad? Would I then be able to see her location on my iPhone to know she is home safely?

Apologies again everyone. 😳
Yes, you would. But I think you would need to register the AirTag to your devices.

I could be wrong, so someone might be able to confirm either way 😊

I hope your mum is doing well ❤my grandad had dementia that went to Alzheimer’s he is still going strong at 86 years of age thank god. He lives in a nursing home now as he became worse over the last 2 years and didn’t know the difference between night and day so we had no choice but to put him in residential care where he can be looked after 24/7 if he wanders around at night etc. the tracker we had worked on our phones we had one in his car (he used to drive up to 84 but then he wasn’t able to pass his driving medical so they took him off the road) my mam organised the personal tracking device (he wore it around his neck on a chain with my Nan’s wedding ring) I believe it was from this website : https://ubeequee.ie/product/gps-tracker-for-dementia-alzheimers-patients-carers-unlimited-range-lowest-uk-subscriptions/?utm_source=Google Shopping&utm_campaign=Google Shopping Feed - Ireland&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=11687&gclid=CjwKCAiA85efBhBbEiwAD7oLQGwcBBjig35XGm5QgBHI8Wazuau8yG-Gz0sRWLqbeyeiFwS-l_cWyhoCsM4QAvD_BwE
She could track him on her phone at any time from anywhere if she logged in. Several times he took off walking from his house (rural area) in the night thinking it was early morning or morning time and he got lost and confused. It really helped when he got lost down the town as well he went for a haircut and ended up the opposite end of the town waiting for a bus 😊 he said he was going to the races so he was happy out! It’s funny looking back he would have a laugh when he realised he wasn’t home or he’d come out in his slippers instead of his shoes. Humour is a great medicine. Anyway I hope that helps you & im sure there’s companies in the UK that offer a tracking service too. It was so accurate to the road and shops etc and it would show green where he’d walked and I could see if he’d gone in circles or how far he’d walked and how long it took him. In his car it even gave speed he was driving at its amazing what tech can do now.
The tile device I have is on my dogs collar and it’s tracked to my iPhone only. It tracks to about 2km I think I paid extra for a better one just got it on Amazon it’s very handy for car keys and things like that. My dog had a habit of wandering off from the front garden so I got it for that reason 😊

I've just watched the Lorraine interview and from what was said it seems like the missing CCTV from the main exit. Which I'm assuming is her coming back down towards the school, retracing her entry?
It begs the question of how well the area is actually covered by CCTV - and by extension how easy it might have been to leave the area undetected.

Reactions: 6
Would the combination of the phone/harness and dog not have made someone concerned though? The three things on their own you could shrug off and I wouldn’t get involved if I saw a dog off the lead as it happens all the time plus I’m terrified of dogs 😂 or if I saw a random phone I wouldn’t touch it. but if I saw all of those things together I would be concerned it was a bit odd and report it to the non urgent local police number. I wouldn’t call my DIL or a school or whatever else I’d just leave everything exactly as it was and report it 🤷‍♀️
exactly this! I mean would you not call out for its owner if you recognised it being a local dog, with a hello is everything ok,

It begs the question of how well the area is actually covered by CCTV - and by extension how easy it might have been to leave the area undetected.
This is the area they need apparently. So it is retracing her steps back.

20230210_120823.jpg

Reactions: 3
exactly this! I mean would you not call out for its owner if you recognised it being a local dog, with a hello is everything ok,
I can honestly say that I more than likely wouldn’t even notice.
At the end of the day, she did what she did at the time, not knowing the owner had gone missing, which was not as much as some would have done and yet more than others/most probably me.

Reactions: 9
Just listening to Jeremy Vine Freudian slip “people are trying to solve this MURDER at home” 😳😳 well we know what Jeremy thinks 😳

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Not well, more than likely.
Even our rural town isn’t well served by CCTV and those that are there are only half working at best. Go out to the villages and you probably wouldn’t be caught on one at all.

There’s no kind way to do a runner and leave your family, but it would be especially cruel to leave a scene that might suggest abduction / something sinister. Of course, I don’t know Nicola and have no idea of her personality, but she doesn’t strike me as someone who would cause so much hurt for her family. I really don’t think she ran away. So for me, that leaves two things; the river or a third party. I could be way off, but it would just be so cruel to leave your family not knowing if you’re alive or dead.

Reactions: 20
Does anyone know when divers first started searching the river? I know they used thermal imaging with the helicopter on day 1, but did the divers go in the river that day too? The afternoon, evening, next morning?

You see I don’t know if I would call the police. It’s easy for us to say with hindsight that we’d do X, Y and Z.
It’s drummed into us from childhood that we only call 999 in an emergency and I would worry that I was wasting their time because a dog and a ‘phone doesn’t scream emergency to me.

Heck, my husband was having a heart attack (we didn’t realise!) and I still didn’t call 999 because I didn’t know it was an emergency and thought it was wrong to call them so I drove him to the Doctor’s surgery instead. 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Even our rural town isn’t well served by CCTV and those that are there are only half working at best. Go out to the villages and you probably wouldn’t be caught on one at all.
I don't believe they have any footage of her in the village - which is why they used the CCTV from home. Which suggests the floated idea that there was only one route not covered is nonsense.

Reactions: 3

I don't believe they have any footage of her in the village - which is why they used the CCTV from home. Which suggests the floated idea that there was only one route not covered is nonsense.
I think while the other routes aren’t covered by CCTV as such, they are well served with doorbell cameras and dashcams?

Agree with this, we moved to a village a few years ago and hardly any cctv ( only outside the co op) hardly anyone has ring doorbells or other doorbell surveillance - I don’t think even in the little park / green we have in the village there is any cctv? Unless it’s very well hidden when I come back to home town where my parents are I was so surprised how many ( nearly all) the homes on their road have cctv or ring doorbells etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.