Nicola Bulley #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're disgusting. She looks like she's just rolled out of bed or she's on something. Very strange woman.
Agree, kay needed some make up on when I saw her. Ages ago someone said to her, oh you won't remember, you're too young and kay said, oh I'm older than I look. I thought, I'll be the judge of that!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
[

Hey, that's amazing that you cold shower every day. You probably don't need the tub! I don't have a bath but bought a special tub thing for the garden. I've been Hoffing for a few years and when I do it regularly it makes a huge difference to my anxiety and general state of mind (always regret it when I get out of the habit). I bought the tub as I wanted to find a coping strategy for bad days that didn't come in a glass... 🙄

I think it took a few weeks for me to get the hang of the breathing especially as I was doing it without guidance at first. A lot of people are seeking the lightheadedness as it's like a high but it is emphasised that you go at your own pace - after all you are basically hyperventilating. And of course never do it IN water or just before, especially alone.

The first time I went in, I made noises probably made the neighbours wonder wtf was happening 😄 Good luck to you if you decide to give the breathing another go x

Wow it sounds amazing. I’m definitely going to try the breathing . Thanks for the input. I need help with anxiety, hopefully this will help

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It's crass, and I apologise, but if she went in at that point, she hadn't travelled very far in 3 weeks? It doesn't make sense 😔
A man went missing in Cheshire in November near the river and it took over two months to find him. His body was only 2-3 miles downstream from where he was last seen. I think bodies can get trapped but when conditions change they may move again.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
A man went missing in Cheshire in November near the river and it took over two months to find him. His body was only 2-3 miles downstream from where he was last seen. I think bodies can get trapped but when conditions change they may move again.
Yeah, it makes sense now. How awful 😞

Reactions: 6
I watched a history documentary ages ago called Hidden Killers - The Tudor Home.

One of the biggest causes of death in tudor times was drowning, particularly in rivers. People fetching water, washing clothes, taking animals to drink at the river etc, then slipping/losing their footing and drowning in shallow rivers.

Suzannah Lipscomb (the presenter /historian) couldn't understand why so many people used to drown in relatively shallow water, so she got dressed up in tudor clothing and waded into a river. She was gasping for breath in seconds, the water was so cold and her body weight doubled due to the wool clothing absorbing water, she was struggling to move. Another expert then gave an explanation of cold water shock along with an animation of how it affects the airways. Basically, when you fall headfirst in and take that first involuntary gasp of cold water and it hits the back of your throat, your body, throat and lungs start to go into spasm and you can't breathe. It doesn't matter how deep the water is, you will be incapacitated in seconds.

I had to explain this to my teenager the other day after being overcautious with them near a canal edge on a walk, following a comment that they'd be fine if they fell in because they're a good swimmer.

I hope in a way that they have found Nicola, because never finding her would be worse imo. God bless her.
Agree, however do not most schools not do training for this? I grew up in New Zealand and we had to do a water safety course where we wore jeans & jumpers and had to jump into the diving pool and tread water for 20 minutes. The teacher wacked our hands if we tried to go to the edge. I saved my friend from drowning years later in Ibiza, so it it was skills that are definitely worth learning.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
They are probably relying on DNA or dental records rather than asking family to identify.
Family may well have been given a definite yea already, but they may be choosing not to formally release that to the general public tonight. Who knows.
Just thinking about dental records, I wonder if there is a dept on call for situations like this? Surely you don't wait for Monday morning for them to open? In fact, would the police obtain her dental records ahead of time specifically for this purpose? I would imagine the sooner someone is identified the better for the poor family

Reactions: 5
I watched a history documentary ages ago called Hidden Killers - The Tudor Home.

One of the biggest causes of death in tudor times was drowning, particularly in rivers. People fetching water, washing clothes, taking animals to drink at the river etc, then slipping/losing their footing and drowning in shallow rivers.

Suzannah Lipscomb (the presenter /historian) couldn't understand why so many people used to drown in relatively shallow water, so she got dressed up in tudor clothing and waded into a river. She was gasping for breath in seconds, the water was so cold and her body weight doubled due to the wool clothing absorbing water, she was struggling to move. Another expert then gave an explanation of cold water shock along with an animation of how it affects the airways. Basically, when you fall headfirst in and take that first involuntary gasp of cold water and it hits the back of your throat, your body, throat and lungs start to go into spasm and you can't breathe. It doesn't matter how deep the water is, you will be incapacitated in seconds.

I had to explain this to my teenager the other day after being overcautious with them near a canal edge on a walk, following a comment that they'd be fine if they fell in because they're a good swimmer.

I hope in a way that they have found Nicola, because never finding her would be worse imo. God bless her.
Oh god, walking along the canal near us makes me shudder. My kids would run and my nerves would be shot - they're learning to swim now and we don't walk along the canal anymore. I couldn't handle the worry!

Reactions: 10
I know those of you hoping it's not her mean well but if it's not her then that means someone else lost their life who probably has a family and loved ones that would be heartbroken.

Nicola's family and friends have had time to process the possibility that she might have passed. I don't necessarily think it would be better if someone else lost their life instead.

We've been wrapped up in this story for weeks and we feel for the family and for Nicola, some people feel connected to her by knowing a bit about her life and struggles. I just think it's important to know that it the body is someone else (which it probably isn't but still), they deserve to be alive too, even though we don't know anything about them.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
He must have searched the direction towards the sea though, surely? And that’s where this body has been found?
I don't think so. Wasn't he adamant that a body wouldn't be able to get over the weir and it was so shallow there that his boat got stuck on it?

From what I can figure out, I think she was found about half a kilometer upstream from where he had searched. AFAIK, he has requested to search further upstream (and downstream) but request was denied by the police. I know he hasn’t done himself any favours by being vocal and a bit bolshy, but I feel he was trying to help but was used to some extent.

I think I’m sticking up for him cos any of the pre-hospital or search and rescue guys I know are all a bit bolshy and ‘have a go hero’ types, but they’re all incredible at their jobs. I feel he got a bit of a raw deal. Partially self inflicted I will add.
I’m so confused upstream/downstream I thought the body was found nearer the sea way, downstream. And he did search 10 miles down that way and 1 mile up from the bench. I know he didn’t search the bench stretch as they said the police divers had already done that. Divers also went into areas he couldn’t clear.

so sad. Just awful.

Reactions: 6
Agree, however do not most schools not do training for this? I grew up in New Zealand and we had to do a water safety course where we wore jeans & jumpers and had to jump into the diving pool and tread water for 20 minutes. The teacher wacked our hands if we tried to go to the edge. I saved my friend from drowning years later in Ibiza, so it it was skills that are definitely worth learning.

Maybe it's awareness of what cold water does to breathing and the body is possibly not as well understood, along with the factors of wet clothes / swimming ability. I certainly didn't know what cold water shock was until I watched that.

Reactions: 8
Sorry I haven’t read about this. Was she having bad headaches ?
After the police released the statement about the difficulties she'd been having, her family clarified it a bit and explained that she'd recently stopped using HRT patches because she was getting really bad headaches from them. I think her GP would have advised this because of the risk of stroke but someone medical/with actual experience might be able to clarify that. Stopping the patches led to a resurgence of menopause symptoms which impacted her mental health.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Will they be able to find out how long the body has been in the river? I heard them say on sky news that the body may be able to be identified in person. 🥺💔🎗
Seriously, what do they know? I very much doubt it myself. the trouble with their rolling news is that they have so much time to fill and they talk crap.

Hubby’s aunt died a few years ago and had to go off for post mortem. It was over two weeks before I saw her in the chapel of rest, and as she’d died suddenly I desperately wanted to say goodbye. She did not look good, so I can’t imagine how someone would look that had been in muddy water for three weeks looks.

• Heart
Sorry I haven’t read about this. Was she having bad headaches ?
Reportedly this was why she stopped her HRT, yes.

My Husband's ex boss passed away suddenly from an aneurysm - he had also had recent onset headaches. His wife said that he had had another sudden onset headache that evening and became very disorientated - she found him wandering around the garden and he collapsed whilst trying to get him back into the house. He was late 40's. I had forgotten about this until the member who I replied to posted about the possibility of an aneurysm. I don't like to speculate too much ahead of the official findings, but it could certainly explain how Nicola might have entered the water if this proves to be the case.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I know those of you hoping it's not her mean well but if it's not her then that means someone else lost their life who probably has a family and loved ones that would be heartbroken.

Nicola's family and friends have had time to process the possibility that she might have passed. I don't necessarily think it would be better if someone else lost their life instead.

We've been wrapped up in this story for weeks and we feel for the family and for Nicola, some people feel connected to her by knowing a bit about her life and struggles. I just think it's important to know that it the body is someone else (which it probably isn't but still), they deserve to be alive too, even though we don't know anything about them.
There's MANY other innocent missing people out there, I hope now Nicola has (probably) been found, the police put this amount of effort, resources and time along with daily almost constant press into other people aswell.
The amount of digging people have done such as his Pinterest, I hope those same people do the same for others.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
But according to Mr Faulding BoDiEs StAy WhErE ThEy WeNt DoWn.

Reactions: 9
Whatever anyone thinks, tomorrow at 7pm as someone else has suggested, can we just put all theories to bed for a bit and come together to think of Nicola (if it's confirmed it's her) her family, and all those other families missing their loved ones right now. I think that would be a nice thing to do? ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.