NickNackLou #12 I can grab/manipulate anything better than you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly I won't miss any of them, because I don't know them? I wouldn't miss any strangers. Doesn't mean I don't feel very sad for their situations or wish this wasn't their reality. I'd make them all better if I could, as would we all I'm sure of that. Tbh as much as I whinge about influencers, there is only one person over all these years that I have followed who I truly think is rotten to the core and I actively couldn't care less what comes of their existence. Not Nic btw.

I think it's fair enough that they block people who don't like them though. As much as I wouldn't give a toss what people said about me if I was an influencer (ew), if I knew people were following me just to say how much they hated me online, I'd block them too lmao. I don't follow any of them tbh, just dip in every now and then and see what they are up to.

Reactions: 14
I'm so sorry to hear that :'( It's just the bleeping worst and sticks with you your whole life seeing someone go through it all. I obviously feel horrific for Nic but also so much so for Alex because he's going to live with the pain of it all for so many years to come. Also watching someone you love suffer and being able to do nothing kills you inside.
Thank you ❤ You’re absolutely right, it never leaves you. It breaks my heart that the first memories that spring to mind of my dad are of him emaciated in a hospital bed. Cancer is evil and it sure ain’t pretty especially at the end. My heart goes out to Alex because he’s the one who has to live with these dreadful memories for the rest of his life

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Thank you ❤ You’re absolutely right, it never leaves you. It breaks my heart that the first memories that spring to mind of my dad are of him emaciated in a hospital bed. Cancer is evil and it sure ain’t pretty especially at the end. My heart goes out to Alex because he’s the one who has to live with these dreadful memories for the rest of his life
Exactly that :( There aren't any words for how cruel it all is. It takes everything away from a person and makes them a shadow of who they were and that's the worst of it all to me. My Grandma was the toughest lady you'd ever meet and she literally begged me to let her die in the end. For the rest of my life I remember that beautiful, strong woman, reduced to little more than nothing.

This is probably why so many of us get so annoyed at health influencers, because most if not all of us have so much experience with this evil disease, of people with so much dignity and grace, even when the world took every last drop away from them. Then to see people prat around in hospitals with no thought for anyone else or beg, borrow and steal and sell their soul with no interests other than their own, well it hits a nerve.

I know they always argue you can't comment when you aren't them because they do what they have to to cope with their situation, but that doesn't come at the expense of others and for me that's where alot of the angst comes from.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Exactly that :( There aren't any words for how cruel it all is. It takes everything away from a person and makes them a shadow of who they were and that's the worst of it all to me. My Grandma was the toughest lady you'd ever meet and she literally begged me to let her die in the end. For the rest of my life I remember that beautiful, strong woman, reduced to little more than nothing.

This is probably why so many of us get so annoyed at health influencers, because most if not all of us have so much experience with this evil disease, of people with so much dignity and grace, even when the world took every last drop away from them. Then to see people prat around in hospitals with no thought for anyone else or beg, borrow and steal and sell their soul with no interests other than their own, well it hits a nerve.

I know they always argue you can't comment when you aren't them because they do what they have to to cope with their situation, but that doesn't come at the expense of others and for me that's where alot of the angst comes from.
You have my sympathies for your Grandma, my Dad pretty much begged me too by asking me when it would be over in one of his last lucid moments (it was over a week later before he actually passed) it broke me to have to say to him soon dad, soon.
It’s sometime quite hard to watch some of the antics & grabby behaviour off the back of a horrendous diagnosis & this is a safe space to question some of it away from some of the rabid followers who think you’re just jealous or trolling.

Reactions: 8
Awe don’t worry. They’re just protecting their ego(s) as would I if I saw someone making negative comments about me. Cancer is enough on its own to deal with without them having to acknowledge that they aren’t your hero. The ego can be very delicate at the best of times but those with tons of followers can be really sensitive because it screws their view of themselves and their own importance.
Without sounding harsh. I won’t miss Nicky (but I do feel awful about her situation) and all she instills in me, this is my issue I know not hers. But BowelBabe yes, as critical as I was of her #ads she was interesting, she made me laugh, and she really wasn’t a crappy or shallow human being.
LoL I just reread this … 🤦🏻‍♀️ should have said ‘you aren’t their hero’ not they aren’t your hero.

Reactions: 3
I spoke at length with my dads hospice at home nurse about syringe driver. She said once it’s in place it’s the beginning of the end and said very few people ever have it removed. I was with him when they put it in and he passed 12 hours later. It’s strange looking back, it’s been 10 years now but I remember every word of that conversation - miss my dad so very much

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
A syringe driver can be a short fix, can be used for nausea/vomiting caused by chemo, pain etc. it doesn’t always mean the end is nigh.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My mum was on the Liverpool Care Pathway and she had a syringe driver fitted. However they can be used just for just pain control only. I hope it s the latter for Nick.

Reactions: 5
So she's put an ask me box on her story for people to ask her questions about all the 'fun stuff' and Mr G dressed as a lobster. I have no words for it 🙄. Her tummy looks quite bloated and she appears to be a bit breathless. I'm not sure, but she looks poorly.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
“Ask me a question“

or Nicky, maybe just cut the tit and YOU TELL US whats going on. From the start of this hospital admissio to today - why did you get taken in, what was the outcome of the “emergency“ CT/Mri scans? What are they saying regarding the bloods - whats the reason for the bloods not improving/getting worse? Whats the plan going forward? When are they planning to let you go home, what has to happen for that to be allowed?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I don't think she meant fun stuff that way. I think she was being ironic. That being said, I still can't imagine her giving much info on the hardcore of it all, I think she'll favour Lobster questions. She does sound very breathless and looks very poorly :'(

Reactions: 5
She’s clearly completely in denial at this point. It’s really sad to see. She obviously knows more than what she’s sharing. She should just be honest about the situation or failing that say she’s taking time out to be with her family. The facade is becoming harder and harder to keep up.

Reactions: 9
I can't see her answering any questions about her health in details. She wants attention, her sheep telling her how strong and wonderful she is, how Mr G dressed as a lobster was wonderful, how much she's loved and missed.

Reactions: 16
Yep sorry won’t be feeding the ego, attention requirement or general ass licking that she clearly is in dire need of by asking any chuffing question
I am really sorry that she’s going through this but either tell your adoring crew whats going on so they leave you alone or stop begging for the limelight and be with your ‘boys’

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.