NickNackLou #12 I can grab/manipulate anything better than you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Such a vague ‘update’

She’s really not looking well, quite bloated actually …. this is a screenshot of her FaceTime’ing Georgie Swallow & Chloe Dixon (who met up today & had a great day….only a brief mention of their ‘bestie’ NNL…)
Yes, her face does look bloated

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Maybe - but she is eating very much NOT like anything I've seen in EOL patients. My mum had to have everything liquified and spoon-fed. So perhaps she will get to go home again soon for a while, at least.
My mum was 'eating normally' in hospital until 48 hours before we lost her.

It varies from person to person
---
Yes for all Deborah did the awful bloody ads. When her time came she shared it with everyone, she didn’t use it or play for anything. She was raw and just showed it like it was for her.
NNL must be really struggling with whatever her bloods, scans, and new is but I personally feel that she does owe her followers the briefest of update.
There was a lot of discussion at the time in fairness. She was doing ads etc right up until the end.

There was quite a lot of criticism on here about it. All the in the style range etc.

Reactions: 4
Such a vague ‘update’

She’s really not looking well, quite bloated actually …. this is a screenshot of her FaceTime’ing Georgie Swallow & Chloe Dixon (who met up today & had a great day….only a brief mention of their ‘bestie’ NNL…)
It looks like she is possibly on steroids. She does look unwell. Think it’s just the right time to go be with Alex and family and enjoy her time now.

Reactions: 14
This is kind of where I am with NNL now...I have found her to be a very shallow and sneaky poster, I don't approve of her grabby attitude and I still feel all this now. However, she's clearly very unwell, she is a human being capable of feeling fear and pain and she has a family who will be facing a lot of awful reality. So for that reason, I'm going to try to rein it in a bit. Probably won't last, for those of you who may be concerned that I appear to have mixed up Tattle with the Mother Teresa School of Saintliness. But I will try.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Deterioration from palliative/hospice to EOL can be very swift, everyone is different. My Dad went from the former, to the latter over just a few weeks, went in for hospice support and was dead shortly after, he never came back out and that wasn't the intention. Noone can really predict it all other than general estimations, but at this point any hospital admission can suggest a real risk of things speeding up, especially when there has been recent progression she hasn't had until now (and a big break in treatment). I don't think there's much indication of her bloods improving sadly.
This sadly was our experience as well. So fast we were almost left reeling. Went from very sick in hospital to transfered to hospice. Went very downhill & gone in 4 days. I'm sorry you have experienced this too. It is hard to watch ❤

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
This is kind of where I am with NNL now...I have found her to be a very shallow and sneaky poster, I don't approve of her grabby attitude and I still feel all this now. However, she's clearly very unwell, she is a human being capable of feeling fear and pain and she has a family who will be facing a lot of awful reality. So for that reason, I'm going to try to rein it in a bit. Probably won't last, for those of you who may be concerned that I appear to have mixed up Tattle with the Mother Teresa School of Saintliness. But I will try.
Yeah, I totally get this. I'm so conflicted. It really is so sad, but at the same time, it's still as annoying and irritating as hell. The 'vague', but albeit extended 'update', the completely unnecessary 'fun' stuff, the lack of acknowledgement of what's really happening. I guess this is the nature of the beast/brand that she's created alongside the absolute fuckedupness of social media influencing at this level when you're a terminal cancer patient. For me, I can't get to a black or white opinion and I'm just going to have to live with holding space for two very conflicting emotions about it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yes I understand what you’re trying to convey. I think the same now. Just hope she has no regrets and enjoys her time left. Not sure it’s long just a feeling. I’ll just try to remember the NNL of 4 yrs ago before she turned into the money grabbing monster of late. Shame I remember her growing her tomatoes and being very personable.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think instead of spending days filming tit no one needs to see, (she is clearly well enough to do that!) she should just come on every day or every other day and just give a small update or even just a “I may or may not be on, but I’m ok” type of thing. She knows what she’s doing. It’s a sad situation and like a lot of people I’m feeling very conflicting things about her right now. The fact she’s done exactly what I thought just makes me realise I’m right in thinking she’s a manipulative typical instagrammer who knows how to get attention.

It’s hard to feel so conflicted in this because if you say one thing but then another it’s hypocritical. I hate feeling unkind to someone poorly and that’s not who I am but I can understand where everyone is coming from in what you all write too

maybe she will change, miracle happen

Reactions: 10
Such a vague ‘update’

Very different to the photos she's posted of herself
---
I feel she needs to "retire". Say thank you Instagram for the opportunities to make a career from you: for the free holidays, the ad money and the donations from followers. I will no longer run this account as a business but I will post updates as and when they're appropriate and natural as I would any personal social media account. Thanks so much for helping me live life to the full these last few years. But alas, I think she'll return with a women's best ad before the week is out

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
---
I feel she needs to "retire". Say thank you Instagram for the opportunities to make a career from you: for the free holidays, the ad money and the donations from followers. I will no longer run this account as a business but I will post updates as and when they're appropriate and natural as I would any personal social media account. Thanks so much for helping me live life to the full these last few years. But alas, I think she'll return with a women's best ad before the week is out
This is exactly the sort of message she should give and IMO what would be best for her going forward.
Even Nic can't turn end stage cancer into a jolly, lighthearted, funny experience with ads for leggings thrown at random..
Can she? If she acted with kindness and respect for her followers, just keeping them informed of health updates I for one would have more respect for her. What do I know though? I'm not one of her flock.

• Heart
Have you seen some of the comments from her followers? I find the slavish devotion and the way they find her so inspirational totally baffling. She has so many followers too compared to a lot of her peers...Is that because she's just been doing it so much longer? Or did she get some exposure in the US somehow because a lot of her biggest 'sheep' seem to be from the States (although admittedly I'm not reading all the bloody comments!). I know BB reached over a million followers in the end but that was down to the whole country getting behind her campaign etc. I guess I'm just fascinated by what people find so bloody engaging.

I wonder if it’s because she sanitises cancer? She makes people feel less scared of it. All the ball of joy, Pollyanna tit

Reactions: 17
Have you seen some of the comments from her followers? I find the slavish devotion and the way they find her so inspirational totally baffling. She has so many followers too compared to a lot of her peers...Is that because she's just been doing it so much longer? Or did she get some exposure in the US somehow because a lot of her biggest 'sheep' seem to be from the States (although admittedly I'm not reading all the bloody comments!). I know BB reached over a million followers in the end but that was down to the whole country getting behind her campaign etc. I guess I'm just fascinated by what people find so bloody engaging.
I noticed her followers shot up massively a year or so ago when Mrs Hinch shared all about her on her stories and told her followers to follow her if I remember rightly 😊

Reactions: 6
I noticed her followers shot up massively a year or so ago when Mrs Hinch shared all about her on her stories and told her followers to follow her if I remember rightly 😊
Weirdly Hinch's Hubby Jamie was the first to share her story and it seemed that Sophie was jealous. Can't remember the exact details but it took Hinch a while to come round to supporting her. Someone with a better memory than me may remember.

Reactions: 8
Predictable dangle the carrot response.post enough to "be enough" to keep people there. I'm sure her messages we're.getting less sympathetic and more any update would be 👍. To post pictures once again. With the pass ag at people and the "you only see a snippet" trope because she's been called out.
It was same old NNL just a weaker one,obv because she herself is weaker.
Noone goes into a hospital dressed as a lobster for a photo shoot.its not then place or time.for anyone on the wards.

Reactions: 12
I am really impressed with what you each have written on the latest developments. What a relief to see some honesty, some soul-searching and some straightforward analysis. The one positive thing that NNL has achieved, albeit unintentionally , is that she has got many of us thinking about the morality and ethics of putting a cancer story up on social media and choosing to show it in a certain way.

Reactions: 17
---
Yes I have to agree. If she’s at the stage we think then this could be her most dignified move.

But, we really don’t know where she’s at because she’s not shared it. She’s still hiding or playing with her followers. Even if she can’t face the idea of EOL she can’t halt it and if she’s shared with some close friends then she ought to be sharing it with her online family. If indeed they really are her that valued as she claims.

However, she is known for over exaggerating everything for the attention and £s.

NNL has always annoyed the tit out of me. She’s just so alien to me. And she still annoys me no end. This doesn’t mean I don’t care. It’s bloody heartbreaking… the whole situation… and for so many reasons. I’ve got insight and I’ve got a heart too. And for her situation and her family and friends I feel a lot…

But I still don’t like her. Her morals are the pits. She behaves appallingly. She’s everything I dislike about fakeness and insta-hun culture. It’s grabby, greedy, pure mean girls bully type behaviour and I despise it.

I don’t feel in a dilemma about how I feel about her. Just for her situation. I hate disliking her so much when she’s in such an awful place. But, I do dislike her … full stop…

Cancer is tit. Being ill is tit. And dying is tit too but dying so young is bloody heartbreakingly unfair.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The fact she's now on a syringe driver is not a good sign. I hope she can switch of from Instagram and enjoy the time she has left with her loved ones.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.