NickNackLou #12 I can grab/manipulate anything better than you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always remember BB saying Doctors have a duty of care in their treatment and the fine line between wanting to give treatment and knowing that the treatment would do more harm than good. I genuinely feel Nicky is at that crossroads, her body simply isn’t tolerating the treatment shes having and her options are few and far between. The chances of her meeting trial standards are low I think, there are so many hoops to jump through to even be considered and tbh most are really hard on the body, I just can’t see it happening.

Reactions: 12
She'll need blood test results within very narrow parameters and measurable liver lesions also within the trial specifications. If even one of her blood results is out of range she won't be eligible. Her baseline overall health and current symptoms will also be a consideration. I hope for her sake they can offer her something but even if accepted, extention of life at this level of disease is measured as successful in terms of months or even additional weeks. 😒

• Sad
Reactions: 7
She'll need blood test results within very narrow parameters and measurable liver lesions also within the trial specifications. If even one of her blood results is out of range she won't be eligible. Her baseline overall health and current symptoms will also be a consideration. I hope for her sake they can offer her something but even if accepted, extention of life at this level of disease is measured as successful in terms of months or even additional weeks. 😒
It's a truly horrible situation to be in for a young woman. But she hasn't endeared herself to many on here because of all the manipulation and money-grabbing antics. I do however feel very sorry for her husband, who is pulling out all the stops to make things nicer for her. He'll be left bereft and life will feel so strange and quiet without her.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've got to say i shed a tear on the post where she's holding his hand and the caption 'I never want it to end' that really got to me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I've got to say i shed a tear on the post where she's holding his hand and the caption 'I never want it to end' that really got to me.
I didn't see that line at first - she put it in really small words, almost like she didn't want anybody to see it. Odd.

Reactions: 6
But even then, what I noticed was her with the phone out capturing the moment, his phone unlocked on his lap as if he had just put it down for a staged picture, nothing is organic, it's all posed 😔
Her body is clearly in a bad way if she's been in a week and still no further forward, progression to her liver isn't a good at all, even though she looked at it positively that it means more options but surely for trials you need to be in much better health as they don't fully know what the effects will be on you body so if already so bad they will rule her straight out. It's going to be a lot for her to take in, but she's built her following by being honest (the cancer part not all the ads ads ads) and taking people through her journey so she will have to continue to be. That one picture and caption shows she knows time is really pressing now though.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
That’s the reality there, what really matters. As I’ve already said, I think we would all wish we had never heard of NNL and she was off living her life, being a mummy and happily married to Alex.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’ve gotta say, that got me too. That’s the most real thing she’s actually posted. Even if it slightly staged.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have to say I found that photo very sad too. The reality of the situation is very bleak, someone young dying way before their time. I feel for Alex and I do feel very much so for her too being aware of what the next few weeks and months probably look like.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve gotta say, that got me too. That’s the most real thing she’s actually posted. Even if it slightly staged.
If she'd talked honestly about that sort of thing from the start, how differently people would have reacted. That's actually what most people are interested in - what does it feel like to be in such a difficult situation? She's never truly shared the emotional journey, only the financial one.

Reactions: 5
Same - it made me think she knows something and is just processing it.

Reactions: 9
If she'd talked honestly about that sort of thing from the start, how differently people would have reacted. That's actually what most people are interested in - what does it feel like to be in such a difficult situation? She's never truly shared the emotional journey, only the financial one.
Exactly. Sharing her fears and feelings and admitting the truth of a hideous, desparately sad situation is part of supporting other people going through the same.
The fact she followed up the news of liver progression with a lead into an ad, saying something along the lines of buying something when I'm down always cheers me up (this is from memory so may not be exactly what she said) is not relatable and completely inappropriate, given the gravity of her news.

Reactions: 8
The cat is probably having the time of his life and is maybe hanging out with some proper adults somewhere else in the street, where he's known as 'Sebastian' and is allowed to eat proper cat food and not grabbed and positioned for Insta reels every five minutes.
probably also relieved not to be trapped in her bedroom every morning, scrabbling at the door desperate to get out for a drink of water, while she films him, talking inthat grating baby voice, and refuses to open the door for him. 😔

• Sad
I’m actually going to give her the benefit of the doubt here and say that maybe like BB, she has gone silent and the next post would be something like “I’ve set up the NNL fund and I’m putting all the remaining money from my GFM into it so it can go on to help others when I’m gone…” You never know?

• Haha
That would be nice but won’t happen
I’m actually going to give her the benefit of the doubt here and say that maybe like BB, she has gone silent and the next post would be something like “I’ve set up the NNL fund and I’m putting all the remaining money from my GFM into it so it can go on to help others when I’m gone…” You never know?

Yeah, BB didn't really stop there though, did she? The fundraising was extraordinary and is still going on. You won't get Nicky giving any of her precious GFM away to charity.

Reactions: 5
It’s such a shame she is not the type of person to redirect to charitable giving. She has the committed, invested audience - she could do some good with fund raising if she wanted to.

Her GFM has hit it's 35k target. Will be interesting to see if she closes it, or increases the target.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.