NickNackLou #12 I can grab/manipulate anything better than you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What gets me though, is that when she’s “silent”, she will still have been collecting pictures and videos during the silence, ready to be uploaded whenever she does come back on. And that’s the kind of bullshit that annoys me with her. It’s manipulative because people will have been genuinely concerned about her silence but actually she’s still been able to take videos and pictures. She’s just waiting and making people worry for no reason.
this is what really irritates me. she is active on IG, so is very aware that her followers are worried, as there are endless comments left on her recent posts where people are highlighting their anxieties about her not having posted, plus the huge amount of concerned DMs she will be receiving. she doesn't need to share a reel or a lengthy post, or even share stories where she is talking or showing her face - a simple captioned story with an update that she is okay, just doesn't have the energy to post on IG or reply to messages or whatever, just to reassure her followers who are obvs going to worry when she is someone who generally posts multiple stories on a daily basis!if she is well enough to be active on IG, she is well enough to share a very basic update to ease people's anxiety, yet instead she seems to thrive on the concern and anxieties of people who support her and really care about her, which is incredibly manipulated and twisted, especially because we all know she does it specifically as an engagement tactic! and tbh, what's worse is that one the days she goes totally silent and is giving the impression she is exhausted and feeling too rough to use IG, she is filming constantly, taking photos etc and focusing on content so that she can then return with an edited reel, all positive and silver linings, very much highlighting that she absolutely was capable of reassuring her followers, yet instead chose not to despite being aware they were worried!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Yeah, the radio silence is cruel to her followers. She knows exactly what she's doing. They don't need reels of her pretending she's on a mini break at the hospital or stuffing her face with food. All they want is a couple of lines to know she's still alive!

Reactions: 15
I mean how hard is it to write a few words. All it needs to be is “I’m not not feeling great, will update soon”. She must know people are worried about her. Just think it’s really disrespectful to those that support her.

Reactions: 11
Was it just last week she was in Disneyland? I can't keep up - has she been on treatment since then? so this could be just a chemo related issue?

Reactions: 2
Was it just last week she was in Disneyland? I can't keep up - has she been on treatment since then? so this could be just a chemo related issue?
I don't think she's able to have chemo now, from what I understand. Not well enough.

Reactions: 3
No it was about 2 weeks ago. she last had chemo on the 20th July, which was her last chemo on the drug she was on. Shes had progrssion to her liver since then as per the scan she had the day she got home from Disney. they found out she had the genetic mutation and that opened up the next treatment line, however she’s not been given this yet due to the ongoing issues with her bloods. The problems she’s having with low platelets are because her body has been battered by chemo and her immune system is weak and has never recovered much since being on chemo. Having been off treatment for a month now youd expect to see her bloods and immune system bouncing back to nearly normal levels by now but they havent, it seems like it’s actually getting worse.

unfortunatley this is often the way things go and this kind of situation often marks the beginning of the end of treatment. They cant get her back on any treatment while her bloods are so bad, and unfortunately her cancer is only going to be progressing and getting worse with every week that goes by.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
No it was about 2 weeks ago. she last had chemo on the 20th July, which was her last chemo on the drug she was on. Shes had progrssion to her liver since then as per the scan she had the day she got home from Disney. they found out she had the genetic mutation and that opened up the next treatment line, however she’s not been given this yet due to the ongoing issues with her bloods. The problems she’s having with low platelets are because her body has been battered by chemo and her immune system is weak and has never recovered much since being on chemo. Having been off treatment for a month now youd expect to see her bloods and immune system bouncing back to nearly normal levels by now but they havent, it seems like it’s actually getting worse.

unfortunatley this is often the way things go and this kind of situation often marks the beginning of the end of treatment. They cant get her back on any treatment while her bloods are so bad, and unfortunately her cancer is only going to be progressing and getting worse with every week that goes by.
That's so sad

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It's just really bleeping heartbreaking. I honestly can't bare thinking what must be going on in her head, I suppose nomatter what she is facing she's always been able to think the EOL decline is a problem for another day, but if that day is coming, well most people won't ever think of that reality unless you've been through similar or watched loved ones. It's such a bleeping evil disease and I'm so desperately sad for her and Alex. There aren't words really. I want to believe this is bad infection or something and she can come back from it and have some more time, but nothing seems to be pointing toward her bloods improving to give her that :'(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
It's just really bleeping heartbreaking. I honestly can't bare thinking what must be going on in her head, I suppose nomatter what she is facing she's always been able to think the EOL decline is a problem for another day, but if that day is coming, well most people won't ever think of that reality unless you've been through similar or watched loved ones. It's such a bleeping evil disease and I'm so desperately sad for her and Alex. There aren't words really. I want to believe this is bad infection or something and she can come back from it and have some more time, but nothing seems to be pointing toward her bloods improving to give her that :'(
Agree totally. It’s such a cruel disease that usually people are totally ‘with it’ enough to understand EOL coming and what that means. I honestly hope when my time comes it’s just being hit by a bus and it’s over quickly. I cannot imagine the mental anguish and torture that comes with this. It is so bleeping cruel 🥺

• Sad
  • Heart
Agree totally. It’s such a cruel disease that usually people are totally ‘with it’ enough to understand EOL coming and what that means. I honestly hope when my time comes it’s just being hit by a bus and it’s over quickly. I cannot imagine the mental anguish and torture that comes with this. It is so bleeping cruel 🥺
Honestly I always used to think quick deaths were the worst because you can't say goodbye, but it's bollocks. Drawn out ones are far worse because watching someone suffer physically and mentally, with a timeless noose hanging over them is agony beyond measure. Alex must be in literal hell.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I do think there is an element of it though that mindlessly scrolling Insta versus actually posting and having to 'face' up to it, being entirely two different things. Last time I was hospitalised I was still checking socials (although admittedly not anywhere near as much as Nic) but I absolutely could not/would not talk to anyone, certainly not post and talk about what was happening. I mean I never would anyway, it's not my thing, but even just chatting which I would usually do, was out the window. I think people think you are all or nothing, but I don't necessarily think that's the case.
I agree with you but how hard is it to just say I’m ok , just need a bit of time to process things. It’s awful to worry her followers like she is. Also Alex could update on her instagram surely?

I agree with you but how hard is it to just say I’m ok , just need a bit of time to process things. It’s awful to worry her followers like she is. Also Alex could update on her instagram surely?

I did notice that Julia Bradbury told her to come off IG and concentrate on herself. Maybe that is what she is doing. How bluddy terrifying - not the actual dying, but the process of it must be. However, having just battled cancer myself it's amazing the true grit you get, whilst others struggle more. Alex is deffo in a terrible place watching this end of life process play out.

Have to say watching coconutandbuttercup updating and keeping her followers in the loop after MAJOR brain surgery just hours after the op is phenomenal
What a wonderful chuffing woman .. I applaud that lady 👏👏👏 I’m not going to slag off NNL or criticise or name call because she is ill but Cordelia and Brogan are REAL !!!! And if I could make them heal with my best wishes they’d be better tomorrow I’m wishing so hard for them

Reactions: 3
She said that her hospice was on standby after she had the injection when she came back from Disneyland so I think her medical team were aware that things are going downhill quicker but it is still very sad

Reactions: 2
Honestly I always used to think quick deaths were the worst because you can't say goodbye, but it's bollocks. Drawn out ones are far worse because watching someone suffer physically and mentally, with a timeless noose hanging over them is agony beyond measure. Alex must be in literal hell.
I don't think either are very good. As I know from experience, quick deaths can leave a trail of shock, grief and unfinished business, sometimes no funeral plans or wills written etc, no time to say goodbye. It's all tit, basically.

• Sad
I do think there is an element of it though that mindlessly scrolling Insta versus actually posting and having to 'face' up to it, being entirely two different things. Last time I was hospitalised I was still checking socials (although admittedly not anywhere near as much as Nic) but I absolutely could not/would not talk to anyone, certainly not post and talk about what was happening. I mean I never would anyway, it's not my thing, but even just chatting which I would usually do, was out the window. I think people think you are all or nothing, but I don't necessarily think that's the case.
she's also, like her last update, still filming stuff and collating it together. so what youve said doesnt even make sense to what she is doing. she IS still filming in that time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.