NickNackLou #12 I can grab/manipulate anything better than you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Respectfully I disagree and at least Deborah had the common courtesy and decency to do that. This is NNL job it’s as simple as that and she has stated that many times. Would you just leave your job being terminally ill saying I owe you nothing ? Clearly see things very differently.
Yes I think a simple “this is the situation” post would suffice. Not on about her doing some ridiculous update reel like she usually does but at least have the curtesy to say hey I’m taking some time out. Surely she has to update sooner or later though as I imagine she’ll be getting 100s of messages asking how she is.

Reactions: 7
Respectfully I disagree and at least Deborah had the common courtesy and decency to do that. This is NNL job it’s as simple as that and she has stated that many times. Would you just leave your job being terminally ill saying I owe you nothing ? Clearly see things very differently.
I agree. She's been doing this "job" for years. Her loyal sheep, many who have donated to her absolutely do deserve a simple explaination and a goodbye if it's time to end the Nicky show. These people have shown her love and adoration.
She herself claims to love them and be grateful for their unwavering support. I think they are owed something back. It doesn't have to be a reel but at least a written explanation by Alex if she's too ill or distressed to do it.

Reactions: 10
I don't think that NNL knows the meaning of 'common courtesy' so I agree. I feel very little for her because although her predicament is awful, her personality and behaviour have been toxic at times. I feel genuinely sorry for her husband because he looks kind and caring.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
How does she not owe anyone an update ? So much hypocrisy the last few days.
totally agree! this is someone who has made a career from monetising their illness, turning appointments with funeral directors into grifting opportunities and building a huge following of people so supportive of her that many have donated money to help her complete her living list, wanting to show their support thru funding holidays etc, leaving comments and sending her DMs etc - it's entirely up to Nicky if she has had reached a point where she no longer wants to share her life on social media and has decided to spend her time with family and focus on what really matters, but she very much DOES owe her huge platform an update - even just a basic, captioned story explaining that she will no longer be updating her IG etc. whatever news she may or may not have had, it's gross that she is active on IG, aware that people who have supported her and are invested in her journey are worried, aware she is receiving messages of concern, yet choosing to remain totally silent. whatever happens, it doesn't change who Nicky is as a person, and she has repeatedly shown her true personality, especially in the way that she has purposefully gone silent on so many occasions solely to boost engagement,happy to worry her followers to benefit HER. she doesn't need loads time to process stuff, because she doesn't NEED to be trying to find a silver lining or a way to create a reel, all glitter and smiles, with a positive spin on the situation. she simply needs to be honest, share a very simple update, which - if she is able to be active on IG, she is perfectly capable of doing. and if she truly can't find the words to do so, Alex ir a family member could step in a write a quick update to let her audience know what is going on. it's not about her not being able to have privacy, if that's what she chooses, but her own choices in terms of using her illness to make a profit and benefiting from other people's generosity and endless freebies etc, absolutely means that she "owes" people an update. her situation is heartbreaking, but it doesn't alter my opinion of her as a person. awful things don't only happen to good people.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
totally agree! this is someone who has made a career from monetising their illness, turning appointments with funeral directors into grifting opportunities and building a huge following of people so supportive of her that many have donated money to help her complete her living list, wanting to show their support thru funding holidays etc, leaving comments and sending her DMs etc - it's entirely up to Nicky if she has had reached a point where she no longer wants to share her life on social media and has decided to spend her time with family and focus on what really matters, but she very much DOES owe her huge platform an update - even just a basic, captioned story explaining that she will no longer be updating her IG etc. whatever news she may or may not have had, it's gross that she is active on IG, aware that people who have supported her and are invested in her journey are worried, aware she is receiving messages of concern, yet choosing to remain totally silent. whatever happens, it doesn't change who Nicky is as a person, and she has repeatedly shown her true personality, especially in the way that she has purposefully gone silent on so many occasions solely to boost engagement,happy to worry her followers to benefit HER. she doesn't need loads time to process stuff, because she doesn't NEED to be trying to find a silver lining or a way to create a reel, all glitter and smiles, with a positive spin on the situation. she simply needs to be honest, share a very simple update, which - if she is able to be active on IG, she is perfectly capable of doing. and if she truly can't find the words to do so, Alex ir a family member could step in a write a quick update to let her audience know what is going on. it's not about her not being able to have privacy, if that's what she chooses, but her own choices in terms of using her illness to make a profit and benefiting from other people's generosity and endless freebies etc, absolutely means that she "owes" people an update. her situation is heartbreaking, but it doesn't alter my opinion of her as a person. awful things don't only happen to good people.
Yes. Illness is not an excuse for bad behaviour, although of course it can affect the amount of communication that comes out, and that's where a relative or friend can drop a quick update out of courtesy.

Reactions: 10
It's sort of reminiscent of the Queen not leaving Balmoral when the country were imploring her after Diana's premature death. It felt callous then and this does now. At least the Queen could say she was protecting the boys

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
It's sort of reminiscent of the Queen not leaving Balmoral when the country were imploring her after Diana's premature death. It felt callous then and this does now. At least the Queen could say she was protecting the boys
Really you use that as an example ?! I’m glad the queen stayed at Balmoral and it’s the gutter tabloids that stirred up a frenzy just like they still do.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sorry, not really getting that comparison. The Queen, whether one is a monarchist or not, dealt with everything in a gracious way and when she was terminally ill she kept that private and just got on with the job.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry, not really getting that comparison. The Queen, whether one is a monarchist or not, dealt with everything in a gracious way and when she was terminally ill she kept that private and just got on with the job.
Agreed Ginny such a strange comparison 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Bluddy hell, you lot are a whole lot antsy. I am just trying to make sense of the situation, no need to vaporize me

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Bluddy hell, you lot are a whole lot antsy. I am just trying to make sense of the situation, no need to vaporize me
We're on edge. We're having terrible withdrawal symptoms - nobody to remind us to drop our shoulders and unclench our jaws, nobody to remind us to stroke a Floof, nobody to tell us to get out under the Big Ball of Joy and no massive piles of barbecued food to make us feel like vomiting. It's not surprising we're a bit tetchy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Her referral for trials was only put in recently, surely she wouldn't know yet if she was eligible and without the confirmation, would they really move to EOL that quickly. From my experience of a close relative who was referred for trials, we knew she wouldn't meet the criteria, but there was still a process they had to follow and it was over 6 weeks before we got the confirmation she wasn't going to be accepted.
If she's still in hospital she will be struggling, as she's had to step outside her bubble world that offers her protection and the ability to hide from reality. She will be dealing with doctors, nurses and staff who are unlikely to have the time to offer her special treatment or tolerate her making content, and she will be struggling with that. I think she's likely engrossed herself in looking at other people's instagram, and watching repeats of friends as a distraction. I hope to see a post that she's home and whilst her health is deteriorating that they are still looking at options if her bloods improve.
I can only again go by the Big C and me, but I remember Rachel saying as mad as it sounds you have to be well to get on trials.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh FFS. I thought he was dressed as a giant dragon but yes, could be lobster. What the actual duck? Maybe I should dress up as a giant crab for my husband's medical appointment on Tuesday - what do you think?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh - she’s back
"trying to shine a light over the shittiness" with a post full of happy moments from the previous week. as predicted, she's been behind the scenes, active on IG but purposefully staying silent, while simultaneously taking photos and recording footage so she can return with a post where she puts on positive spin on the situation, resulting in an influx of comments of relief, and letting her know that her positivity is such an "inspiration". aaaand boom, engagement boosted, the usual tactic successful. 🙄

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
"trying to shine a light over the shittiness" with a post full of happy moments from the previous week. as predicted, she's been behind the scenes, active on IG but purposefully staying silent, while simultaneously taking photos and recording footage so she can return with a post where she puts on positive spin on the situation, resulting in an influx of comments of relief, and letting her know that her positivity is such an "inspiration". aaaand boom, engagement boosted, the usual tactic successful. 🙄
I was starting to feel vaguely concerned for her but now my irritation factor has ramped up again to about fifteen million.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.