Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I haven’t watched any videos of hers in a while, has she mentioned what Skye does these days? I know she graduated some time during the pandemic (2021?), but has she gone to university?

Reactions: 2

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Haven't seen it an doubt I.will, but 750 a month when not paying rent/mortgage, most.of the food you eat etc... that's not that little. Whatever school she went to she has revenue of a flat in the UK..
Well done her for giving up alcohol if she felt it was an issue but her financial situation for me makes no sense
TBF I think the 750 per month was when they were in a flat in Positano before they moved into the house. The flat was small and in poor condition apparently.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Watching the latest video just now, and, Carlo hasn’t retired at all, he works day and night building Nicki her dream home. I guess the fact that he gets to live in HER house is his payment.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
... Not surprising that Carlo could give up his job as gravedigger. I actually prefer the vlogs now with him as he's
friendly, a natural on camera & knows everyone. As Nikki said she would never have been able to get into places or meet a lot of the craftspeople without him.
Good point about Carlo @Spirit of place, his being a local was always one of the best things about the vlogs, and he'll have more time now he's retired. At least Nicki has acknowledged that he's the one who opens doors there. She does seem keen to show that life there is not idyllic - and to be fair her dreamy stans probably need to have it pointed out - but her general demeanour makes it come across as moany.

Turaj

VIP Member
It blows me away that there is no surgery on what land comes with this house and that the parcel right below the house is NOT THERES??? So I guess someone could build a home right there??? i mean seriously this is all crazy.

JellyBellyBeanie

the voiceover is really annoying in the latest video, it is just so unnatural and trying to be "literary", and the rhythm of her speech is really odd, you can tell she is reading a script but it sounds like someone who is a non native speaker and doesn't exactly get the intonation etc right
Also, I "I never really take any time off..."
I assumed she is autistic and that is why she has that tone and way of speaking

emm

VIP Member
far as I can tell Nicola is a "deck hand" or whatever they call the crew at Blue Sky tours...Elisabeth's company. Obviously seasonal and not sure if he does anything in the winter. It is really interesting how closely she seems to be following her mother's path. Not sure on Carlo's age but seems much older than Nicki, worked very hard for many years and deserves a retirement around family and friends in the place he loves. I think this new venture is going to wear on him. He had more than enough things to keep him busy after retiring in Positano. There are other homes in the area where you can park close to the door...6 hours may not sound that bad to some but if you are doing that at every family event, emergency etc. it is not fun. Also leaving an empty home in Tuscany for months has its challenges too. I have recently seen more than one YT family do these kind of moves for channel content (aka Leave Everything and Wander) and it seems so desparate. Correct me if I am wrong but the school that Skye finished was not one where you get a college degree correct? I got the impression she had been at boarding school in UK most of her high school years and that is where her education stopped.
Yeh she just went until high school, I'mkind of surprised she hasn't started her own channel tbh

• Haha

londongirl2001

VIP Member
But who will run the Airbnb for her? Or is that not part of the plan anymore? I’m sorry, I haven’t caught up with her videos in ages

• Haha

Sabbie

VIP Member
Hands up: I enjoyed the DITL of Francesco video, but that's probably because it wasn't about Nicki. :LOL:

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Just watching the latest video, anyone else noticed she referred to them being married? I thought they weren't?
Must have missed that! Maybe they had a quicky wedding and the road trip is the honeymoon 🤣

emm

VIP Member
out of curiosity I see Skye Rispoli is active (a bit) in instagram. She can start a utube but with what content? Nothing I can think of.
I mean you could say that about a lot of youtube content (her mums now included) which is basically a lot of nothing 🤣

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
I think her hair is naturally quite thick, I noticed it in video one time when she was cutting her own hair. I think she gets Botox, the distance between her eyebrows varies.
Definitely botox, her hair does look different though

M&MsMom

VIP Member
I find the excuse "when we're old and cant manage the steps anymore" a bit of a joke really. I mean Carlo's parents are old .....they manage...we see old people all the time in her videos......they manage...... theres a lift being installed isnt there?....the truth be told Nicki just wants out of Positano.....she doesn't like the tourists or the busyness of it.....she doesn't like it if people stop her because they've recognised her, because the truth is she's nothing like she trys to portray and is really a bad tempered snobby English woman who hasn't integrated particularly well even after all these years. She wants out.
I'm defending Nicki, but I don't feel it's a joke! Carlo's parents don't manage.....they basically stay in the apartment 24/7. Carlo has said that his 80+ year old father hasn't been to their place in years and doesn't leave the house because he can't manage the steps. His mother leaves occasionally, but the family brings them everything they need. I honestly don't think that's any way to live, being cooped up in your house like that, a literal shut-in. The lift being installed is next to the cemetery and was installed because there are so many aged people in the town who couldn't get there to honor their loved ones. Carlo and Nicki would still have to walk up and down maybe half the steps, and it's nowhere near their house. I'm not sure what the parking situation will be like for residents (allowed or not?) in whatever lot there will be for cars/scooters for people wanting to use the lift to get to the cemetery. There was a serious lack of parking in that town and it appears worse now.

I've been to Positano - it's been about 9 or 10 years - and I have to say the steps are pretty rough to take when you aren't used to them and while I wasn't there in the height of summer when it's the hottest, it wasn't easy in May when I went and I'm in fairly good shape. I've watched several travel videos of people while they're in Positano who are walking to get to Air B&B's and the first thing all of them do as they're searching for the house they're renting is complain about the climb up the steps to reach their destination! MOst of them stop along the way and sit down to rest. In the heat, it's just got to be brutal.

• Heart