Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Turaj

VIP Member
I wonder if she'll go back to Positano this weekend? Her friend Elisabeth has her family from Austria there so they can attend her oldest daughter's First Communion. That is definitely something that a good friend would be there to help celebrate, no?

Let's see who Nicki cares about more - herself and Tuscany or her close friend's family celebration.
I doubt if she gets back from UK and goes directly to Positano...remember that custom kitchen is arriving. I think living that far away you end up missing lots of things. Let's see ...she may surprise me. Hating road trips 6 hours for me is way too long to do very often.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Yeah I remember from at least one old vlog that she talked about „some lovely patreons coming for lunch“. It was super odd.

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Yeah I think they’ve said before that Carlo doesn’t want to move to England and that in Italy, Tuscany is the only area he sees himself relocating to.
I don’t know about the marital situation with his son‘s mother, but it’s interesting that Nicki and Carlo never got married.

As for her daughter’s schooling: I think years ago Nicki mentioned that her father paid her boarding school fees?
I never remember her talking about the schooling issue but I had always assumed her parents had paid it, it's a pretty British thing to happen.

True about the visa thing, I hadn't even thought about that but it would be much easier if they were married

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
It'll be interesting to see a) whether anyone else actually buys it and b) how she'll react to the inevitable 1* reviews if they do.
Indeed, perhaps no one else will buy it and she'll go on collecting reviews all saying "well done Nicki I'm so proud of you I feel like I'm in Positano 5 stars!!" all left by stans who want attention from their idol, extending their creepy parasocial relationships. It's easy to see how these deluded vloggers let things go to their heads, they end up with the opposite of imposter syndrome 🤣

• Haha
Good points @didisaythatoutloudoops

Got me thinking that they could in fact already be amicably separated but keeping up appearances for the earnings. I don't think that's the case but if it were you could see why they wouldn't want to kill the goose laying the golden ad revenue/Patreon eggs. They both know how to film and edit so could run individual channels but the appeal would surely be reduced.
I thought about Nicki trying the sob story of 'I've been abandoned in a foreign town and I have nobody', which I'm sure would generate plenty of money sympathy, but I'm sure she'd get offers of visits from mega fans - which she certainly doesn't want.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they already are, Carlo just seems way too relaxed about not having any stake in this property at all. I think he knows this is working out in his favour.

• Heart

Turaj

VIP Member
What are people's thoughts on Elizabeth's Goat channel? I watched a bit of it and think she will have a very hard time sustaining viewers with that content. She will get a kick start from Nicki's recommendation but especially during the Blue Star season she will not have the time to edit and do enough filming for it to become lucrative.

Libbub

VIP Member
They can't sell that house cos it's not theirs to sell. It belongs to Carlos family and they just live there rent free.

emm

VIP Member
It was definitely bitchy, specifying "girls" was unneccessary. Ordering food to your sun lounger is no big deal. She'd think I'm a right wanker, I had sashimi and wine delivered to my blanket in the park on the weekend.
That sounds amazing!

Turaj

VIP Member
I see NP latest IG story is the gang driving to and then walking down the steps back to the home in Positano...so next video will be from there for Easter. I assume Carlo wanted to spend the holiday with family.

• Heart

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Well that is interesting....of course the weekly videos are not in real time but i don't think this was planned. Not a Patreon so hopefully someone has the rest of the storoy?
She did say a while ago that they were planning on going back to Positano in March, but with Carlo being away for that long I thought they‘d postpone that.

Sabbie

VIP Member
And left a thirst trap thumbnail for all the sad old blokes trawling YT that will fuck a ham sandwich.
Not calling Nicki a ham sandwich, BTW. 😆 Just that the thumbnail was purposely selected, just like all these influenzers. 🙄

emm

VIP Member
Either way, as I've said I don't even 3atch her videos anymore, id like.to see if their delalete or not the comments

Clovis

VIP Member
Hadn't heard of this one, but the recent video about harvesting potatoes and beans was suggested to me so I watched it as I'm interested in seeing the area and I love snooping at gardens.

Anyway, although the area looks beautiful and I love the house and garden, I was immediately put off by her snippy tone, calling people out for leaving "rude comments" about her book.

I doubt I'll be subscribing. Is she always this snippy?

• Haha

LookyLou

What are people's thoughts on Elizabeth's Goat channel? I watched a bit of it and think she will have a very hard time sustaining viewers with that content. She will get a kick start from Nicki's recommendation but especially during the Blue Star season she will not have the time to edit and do enough filming for it to become lucrative.
I think it will work. She'll get into the swing of it. If you look back at Nicki's very early vlogs, they were much worse than these first ones by Elizabeth. I had to laugh at the voiceover, though, wondering if Nicki had scripted it.

Positano? Check.
Beautiful scenery? Check.
Cute family? Check.
Rural lifestyle? Check.

I'm sure there will be lots of boating footage in a couple of months.

emm

VIP Member
i'mwatching now and I;msoconfused, the sellers had 3 months, the whole day and they are loading stuff into their car so last minute?
Also (I live in a city so maybe it's more of a concern in terms of safety etc) but I can't imagine buying somewhere I had never seen in the dark

She should have got residency by now surely? I know British people who have done so having been there for a long time. Anyone think they're heading towards a break up?
No, with Brexit everything change for Brits. If you remember her vlog that she needs to renounce her residency, she was in Sorrento and sent a message "if Carlo and I are married". I'll post the link when I find it.
---
A while back some Tattlers suggested Carlo might not be free to marry. It was suggested he might not have divorced his son's mother, to avoid her claiming a share of the family property.
Getting a divorce in Italy is a nightmare, from the people's experiences there it took them years. Carlo knows it is a burden financially and emotionally stressful in long haul so why bothered if Nicki was okay with it in the beginning.

From my experience as simple as registering myself as a tenant, to be able to pay taxes, even ending a contract to my landlord were all such a pain. Nothing gets done 😤 - I was in Abruzzo. It's easy to go there and live like on a fairytale but once that phase is over and you make sense of the system, you'll be like "normale" and shrug your shoulders 🤣🤣

Last edited:

emm

VIP Member
Clearly 2024 will be all about Tuscany....not as exciting as Positano although Nicki has been struggling with winter content in the last year. I too started during covid and then continued...it was a Sunday morning escape to another world...I like the way she edits and uses the music and Positano lends itself to such content. I again wonder about Skye and Nicola and her future....I would think at her age she would want more. I don't mind Elizabeth and she seems to work hard with her husband. Her children have a unique exposure to Italian as well as Austrian culture and I can't say anything negative about her. I too enjoy Nicki's Dad and for his age he is doing very well. I will continue to watch but it no longer the escape it once was..renovation no matter where to me is boring and while the landscape of Tuscany is beautiful not the same as the coast.
I think unless they get really involved in the local community and can share some interesting local things/traditions etc not just things you can find in a guidebook, it will be dull. Which I imagine will be more difficult than it was in positano

Reactions: 2