Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Turaj

VIP Member
Clearly 2024 will be all about Tuscany....not as exciting as Positano although Nicki has been struggling with winter content in the last year. I too started during covid and then continued...it was a Sunday morning escape to another world...I like the way she edits and uses the music and Positano lends itself to such content. I again wonder about Skye and Nicola and her future....I would think at her age she would want more. I don't mind Elizabeth and she seems to work hard with her husband. Her children have a unique exposure to Italian as well as Austrian culture and I can't say anything negative about her. I too enjoy Nicki's Dad and for his age he is doing very well. I will continue to watch but it no longer the escape it once was..renovation no matter where to me is boring and while the landscape of Tuscany is beautiful not the same as the coast.

Reactions: 2

Libbub

VIP Member
It made me laugh when she talked about wanting a place of her own. She already owns a flat in London and a cottage in the south (although think she said she was selling or had sold one to buy the Tuscany house). It seemed a lot of waffle in that vlog justifying why they're doing it - basically they just want a second home.
Oh I thought she'd sold the London flat now and that is what's funding this house.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
:oops: Oops, sorry - my second post was too soon after the first and they merged into one

Sorry @Sabbie and @emm if your "like" doesn't apply to the added bit.

nothing but more and more shopping...some lampshades (discount thanks to vlog) that really don't even fit...
plants that she admits will die as they will be gone for a month or three weeks (she said both ) and of course
the highlight about the ugly furniture. Personally I liked it better as Carlo bought it. That fabric does nothing for
the pace...nothing.
Here she goes talking about the ugly furniture makeover. I haven't watched it yet..

• Haha

Turaj

VIP Member
Someone in the comments for this week's video mentioned Carlo as her husband. I have followed for quite some time and I don't think they are married or did I miss something? No one corrected that statement including Nicki.

• Heart

Turaj

VIP Member
This is truly awful on her part. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best - if he's putting in a considerable amount of work to this property, then he needs to either be paid for it or have claim to a certain % of the property in my opinion.

It's suspicious enough that I honestly wonder whether a break up is coming. Tin foil hat moment here, maybe, but I don't think Carlo is a stupid man at all. Nicki gives off the impression of being rather obsessive and really quite bitchy, so I can only imagine that going into overdrive if she was dumped. All this moving to Tuscany, having her own home - it's a quick and easy getaway for Carlo if need be.
I have never paid that much attention to their history but Nicki had a flat in London and was that sold in the last couple of years? I got the impression she had money to invest and chose Tuscany. I assume with their arrangement that finances are somewhat separate and in all honestly their living space in Positano is very spartan and small. Assume she will do Tuscany more to her liking. It is a unique arrangement. I always wonder how people like Carlo's parents remain housebound and even get medical care with access to the homes so limited. As lovely as Positano is on the postcards those crowds daily for so many months make it a very undesirable place to live long term. And those steps look just awful to have to do with luggage, groceries and just for daily living...daily up and down..down and up. I always wonder where Sky will end up...right now just following along in her mother's tracks but I think she wants more. For Nicki and Carlo I see no break up...just lots of time in different spots but Sky...I wonder.

Turaj

VIP Member
I watched Elisabeth's vlog, seemed I was right about her befriending the bride when she was a Bluestar client. Strange that it was pointed out that it was the two girls who were the actual invitees. Saying E was invited as the chaperone seems like a way to not invite the father.
at best everything about this goat centered family is a bit "odd". But they are doing their thing and making a good living.

emm

VIP Member
Exactly, the only thing I can possibly think to make this make sense is that she is hoping to document it as a total disaster for views?

Sabbie

VIP Member
@Turaj All okay. Some posts got deleted, so I can't keep up with who posted. I also didn't report anything as I'd rather hash it out quickly and move on. :) I am not going to mention it again as it's going way off course. o_O

Turaj

VIP Member
No kidding - that particular jumpsuit is not for her!

Looks like she's heading to Barcelona with Elisabeth.
Can't believe it another glam shot in that same one piece jumpsuit in Barcelona. The jet setter jetted there for some wedding which i got the impression were friends of Elisabeth. Of course Carlos is in Positano doing more work and dog duties. She seems to be doing her own thing more and more.

Turaj

VIP Member
I bet she says that his brothers are there too and can look after the parents (which I bet they do anyway). Ultimately, Carlo is a grown man and can make his voice heard if he really didn’t want to move.
But yeah, this will definitely not go as smooth as she thinks.
she had some drone shots of the property and home on IG and I have to think that there is a lot of deferred maintenance and work that will be required...Carlo has done manual labor all of his life and now this project will keep him more than busy in his retirement years. If I were them I would have wanted something a bit more walkable to shops and restaurants etc. which can be really nice as you age....this looks multi level and remote and needing a lot of work. Carlo won't have all the close by help that he has had over the years...as I understand it Celine is the only person they know in the area? It will be easier but with many challenges still.

emm

VIP Member
Her latest vlog: "Alone in an Italian Valley", or time to write more banal narration, lounge around doing nothing, bitch and whine about random shit, and film yourself doing it all.

She finally admitted she has given up on the make up.

For anyone who can stomach it:
Why has she given up on makeup?! With her youtube channel and American following this should be a total money spinner surely? I haven't watched yet but... I guess the same as all I fluencers anything approaching real work is just too much

M&MsMom

VIP Member
Been racking my brain where I've seen the woman whose wedding was attended by Elisabeth and her daughters and it finally came to me. It's Marta Sierra - she has close to 1.5 million IG followers and is best known for her transition videos on IG. No wonder Nicki said yes to the Barcelona trip......can't tell if she also went to the wedding, but you can be sure Nicki'd like to add that to her "cred". She's all about hob-nobbing with other Instagrammers.

(if you go to IG and watch this short video you can see Elisabeth's kids in the very back row....)

• Wow

Turaj

VIP Member
I really want to Ike LEAW but they are starting to rub me the wrong way. I'm really hoping when their baby is older they stop putting her front and center. She is adorable but I think past three years old is enough. Also, it's annoying me that they don't just hire someone to finish their renovation. Let me know if you get a thread on them. I only recently started watching but would love to learn more 😂
at one time there was some discussion of them on VanLifers which is what they wanted to be. But then it moved on to renovators in Piedmont and then Sicily and throw in olive farming ...and now featuring a very young child being made to talk to a camera each week and do stunts. Now it has evolved into what I think will be for some months to come a medical channel where Luca has a CSF leak and already one patch has failed. Plans are foiled for the near future as he needs to be close to medical...I think he should be seeking another opinion but that is not mentioned. They will need family support. The Sicily idea was so premature and his lifestyle for a man on the meds he is taking and condition is crazy. So much is for the cameras rolling. I don't think a lot of interest in them so a thread probably not required given that they will now have to focus on the medical situation. I realize off topic here so I won't bring them up again...might see if any new interest on VanLifer threads.

Sabbie

VIP Member
Her latest vlog: "Alone in an Italian Valley", or time to write more banal narration, lounge around doing nothing, bitch and whine about random shit, and film yourself doing it all.

She finally admitted she has given up on the make up.

For anyone who can stomach it: