NI Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m gonna make a new thread soon ladies (and the gentlemen that may be amongst us too) 😂 any suggestions for What to do a poll about on the next thread? Love a good poll 😂

Reactions: 5
Hi Rebecca Maguire 👋🏼 You’ve made it clear you read on here, so could you answer the following and post replies to your stories plz 😂
1. Why don’t you work at Array anymore
2. What filter do you use
3. Do you really like Cathy Martin or do you just keep her as a ‘friend’ because she’s a loose cannon
4. Why aren’t you on the pharmacy register
5. Can you do a shoutout to Tattle and say ‘ats us naiii’
Thank u luv 👍🏼

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Hi Rebecca Maguire 👋🏼 You’ve made it clear you read on here, so could you answer the following and post replies to your stories plz 😂
1. Why don’t you work at Array anymore
2. What filter do you use
3. Do you really like Cathy Martin or do you just keep her as a ‘friend’ because she’s a loose cannon
4. Why aren’t you on the pharmacy register
5. Can you do a shoutout to Tattle and say ‘ats us naiii’
Thank u luv 👍🏼
Guessing you won’t be at the ( illegal , uninsured , non sanitary ) pop up clinic either then …?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Guessing you won’t be at the ( illegal , uninsured , non sanitary ) pop up clinic either then …?
Wonder will she bring a prescriber with her or will she flought the rules since she’s now an unlicensed non medic , not answerable 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
No that's not true, you need to be beauty level 4, be trained in other aesthetic treatments or be classed as a medic ie, ambulance man, Dr, nurse, dentist, dental assistant, chemist. Aesthetics is an advanced beauty treatment that requires those credits to train in injectables. It's better to go to an actual aesthetics practitioner that knows how to combine treatments, knows facial mappage, beauty etc. Not just someone who offers 2 treatments or because their a medic can fast track to a 1 day course
A
This is incorrect- Paramedics, dental/ nursing assistants and especially beauticians cannot do aesthetics, even if you look at arrays page or any other provider they clearly state that you must be a nurse, pharmacist, dentist or doctor in order for you to complete the required training and have the required indemnity insurance in place. Thankfully this is very well regulated in NI as in England there are so many from a non clinical background (mainly beauticians and insta
Huns) who pay big money do a 1 day course and next thing they are self professed aesthetics practitioners charging low rates to get clients in when in reality they have absolutely no idea what they are injecting into your face but more importantly they don’t understand the basics ie how many muscles / nerves people have and what would happen should they inject Botox / filler in the wrong place. Personally I have spent a hell of a lot of money and time training in aesthetics, I’m always trying to enhance my knowledge so it just pisses me off when less qualified people try to undercut you on price which ultimately leads to poor quality- there have been many beauticians from NI who have went to England to do a short training course and offer treatments at a low price and more often than not myself or my colleagues are left to try and fix the mess

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Im so confused about Phil. Like where does he get his money. He doesn’t have that many followers in the grand scheme of the Instagram world & his posts barely get any likes for him having 45k followers. YouTube not much interaction etc. very very strange

A
This is incorrect- Paramedics, dental/ nursing assistants and especially beauticians cannot do aesthetics, even if you look at arrays page or any other provider they clearly state that you must be a nurse, pharmacist, dentist or doctor in order for you to complete the required training and have the required indemnity insurance in place. Thankfully this is very well regulated in NI as in England there are so many from a non clinical background (mainly beauticians and insta
Huns) who pay big money do a 1 day course and next thing they are self professed aesthetics practitioners charging low rates to get clients in when in reality they have absolutely no idea what they are injecting into your face but more importantly they don’t understand the basics ie how many muscles / nerves people have and what would happen should they inject Botox / filler in the wrong place. Personally I have spent a hell of a lot of money and time training in aesthetics, I’m always trying to enhance my knowledge so it just pisses me off when less qualified people try to undercut you on price which ultimately leads to poor quality- there have been many beauticians from NI who have went to England to do a short training course and offer treatments at a low price and more often than not myself or my colleagues are left to try and fix the mess
Side point. Does anyone remember Katharine Walker doing stuff with Array or did I dream that?!?

if I’m correct she did the training with them and a lot of social media posts about starting with them?! She then went to Younique. Again could be wrong, not sure if I dreamt her posting about starting to take on clients at Array!

Reactions: 1
Side point. Does anyone remember Katharine Walker doing stuff with Array or did I dream that?!?

if I’m correct she did the training with them and a lot of social media posts about starting with them?! She then went to Younique. Again could be wrong, not sure if I dreamt her posting about starting to take on clients at Array!
Mmmm I know she trained with them ? I didn’t think she was gonna work with them. Sure she’s away to Australia. Her wee pal Abi gives me the ick such a tag along

I’m so confused by aatetics a girl I know Amanda with the turkey teeth ? She works in astetics but doesn’t have a gcse to her name 🤣 how ??

Reactions: 1
I don’t know who that is 😂 but they’re all at it and it’s ridiculous. Why do these companies think it’s a good idea to use people with vaneers?? Must think we’re all stupid

Laura loves Belfast

the amount of ads she does for Voduz, she must make a fortune from them 🙄 but that recent video of her lip syncing Britney is the worst I’ve seen. She doesn’t even know the words and is out of sync. Actual cringe 😬
Laura loves belfast
Used to like her
But the ads are ridiculous along with her silly poses

Reactions: 3
He was honestly lovely back then! Used to go to the same gym at points. I seen him recently and in person he was the same old phil I knew 10/15 years ago. I often wonder if it’s all just a big persona he puts on to impress other “fitness people” to get more people in to buy his courses. I honestly don’t know what’s changed. Probably having money has changed him.

That’s not completely correct. You can do a one day phlebotomy course, and go on to learn injectables the same day. And obtain the same insurance as anyone else. I have friends who have done it recently.
I had mine done by a dentist who made a complete mess. The girl I’ve been going to for years now wasn’t medically trained beforehand, and she’s been doing aesthetics for many years and is as trained as anyone else, and better at her job than most people who where doctors etc beforehand.
Yes that was the point I was trying to make, aesthetics is a job in its self you deff need someone who's trained in complications but who has an amazing eye for beauty and can combine treatments because more than often that's required. I'd never go to my gp or his nurse or local chemist for cheek filler just cause they're a medic? I want someone who loves their job, is fully trained, insured and gives amazing results.

Yes that was the point I was trying to make, aesthetics is a job in its self you deff need someone who's trained in complications but who has an amazing eye for beauty and can combine treatments because more than often that's required. I'd never go to my gp or his nurse or local chemist for cheek filler just cause they're a medic? I want someone who loves their job, is fully trained, insured and gives amazing results.
Or don't get fillers / botox as its ridiculous looking and dangerous and probably harmful in the long term? Would that not be the easiest option (and cheaper)

can someone plz explain why andrea mccarragher has rebranded her brows business to cali and co??? i dont understand tht!! it doesnt make sense from a business point of view like hey im andrea i own cali and co???? i get the fact she luvs her kid but fuk me thats just baffling!!!!!!!
Ohhh I think I get it!! Maybe she means cali as in those calipers you use to measure brows 🤔 so cali... Get it... And co is her?? Even still, its still a bit nuts that's the name off her brow business and she might just have been so business obsessed she might just have named her son after a work tool too 🙄 🤣🤣

Shame on them she’s a disgrace
Who's Ruth?? 🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Ohhh I think I get it!! Maybe she means cali as in those calipers you use to measure brows 🤔 so cali... Get it... And co is her?? Even still, its still a bit nuts that's the name off her brow business and she might just have been so business obsessed she might just have named her son after a work tool too 🙄 🤣🤣

Who's Ruth?? 🤔
I think the baby is a girl 🤔😂

• Haha
The newtownabbey girl

“Instagram being weird again”
No your content is just tit and your trying too hard to be someone your not

• Haha
Reactions: 8
can someone plz explain why andrea mccarragher has rebranded her brows business to cali and co??? i dont understand tht!! it doesnt make sense from a business point of view like hey im andrea i own cali and co???? i get the fact she luvs her kid but fuk me thats just baffling!!!!!!!
I don’t get this either. I work in business & PR and that’s a very strange move. It isn’t self explanatory what her business is with that name, very poor choice.

A
Sorry but yes an ambulance driver, pharmacist, dental nurse is classed as medic and can fast track on to a 1 day course with no previous aesthetics training, so it's those who are doing a fast track course as a side line. A lash tech can't just go on a botox course unless she has done an aesthetic course that can lead to working your way up to injectables. But that's the correct way, to work your way up as in any job? Dentists will know the muscle Anatomy off the face and neck because they work with it every day but not a chemist for example. Medics with no aesthetic training are learning the excat same course on the day with everyone else. If they're sitting beside a beauty based trainee at least she will have worked her way up in that field and not side tracked. Same as if you had a complication you can't just go to your gp or hospital for treatment as theyre not trained and don't have the antidotes. Don't know why people take arrays website as gospel?? As they're GPS why arnt they doing their job instead off a side line?? Ive fixed their work and had to combine treatments as they're not qualified in some that originally the client needed & instead got what they offered. My training yrs go into double no's, I'm fully trained, insured and regulated by the City Council way longer and more advanced than array.

Mmmm I know she trained with them ? I didn’t think she was gonna work with them. Sure she’s away to Australia. Her wee pal Abi gives me the ick such a tag along

I’m so confused by aatetics a girl I know Amanda with the turkey teeth ? She works in astetics but doesn’t have a gcse to her name 🤣 how ??
Yes I followed her story, seems like a lovely girl. That was terrible what she went through. The hospital stay that was life threatening was horrific omg. She's a dental nurse Im sure

Or don't get fillers / botox as its ridiculous looking and dangerous and probably harmful in the long term? Would that not be the easiest option (and cheaper)
No!! Filler & botox in the right hands can be life changing as a confidence builder for many. No cream or lotion can give botox results or give balance like a filler treatment can

I think the baby is a girl 🤔😂
It's all too confusing 🤣🤦‍♀️ was gonna follow her to see what's up but I'll stay away lol

Last edited:
I’m not getting into an argument but there is no way any reputable aesthetics training provider will allow anyone other than a doctor, dentist, nurse or pharmacist train- ambulance drivers / paramedics are not clinical staff and therefore not able to train in aesthetics. By your argument should I not be doing aesthetics as my day job is a pharmacist?! Do I not have an eye for beauty or should I leave it to beauticians?! I have spent years on my aesthetics training, trained with some of the best in the industry, constantly keep my skills up to date and I pay a large indemnity insurance. Should I stop prescribing and injecting and leave it up to a lash tech as you seem to think after a few years training and would have a better eye for beauty than a pharmacist or a doctor?! It’s not just injecting, it’s the safe prescribing of a toxin, be mindful of contraindications and being able to deal with reactions which can and have happened, last weekend I dealt with a young client who got lip fillers by a beautician who had done a 1 day training course (and misled clients that she was fully trained and insured) the filler had migrated and necrosis of the lips had started, she was lucky but it could’ve led to tissue damage or worse. Many of my friends and colleagues who do aesthetics do not just attend a 1 day course- we are constantly doing advanced courses and keeping up skilled. And Chris and Jude (Array) aren’t GPs, and Chris works in ED

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.