Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
would very much bet that the people my friend talks of aren't going to go out of their way to interact with white people and if they do it's probably going to be the vibe that they don't really want to talk to you which is perfectly natural between some people when you just don't click/get on
Some people, such as this lady here, seem to want division. Her hashtag for the video is #mindyourbusiness, I guess she is telling people to stay out of black history and awareness.

She also throws out some derogatory stereotypes about white people, but strangely, YouTube haven't acted on it. Hmmm...

Reactions: 1

kev1974

VIP Member
You're all defending violent behaviour that even the person who committed it regrets. Really weird!
Nope, I'm saying I've watched all the CCTV and seen her far more violent and prolonged behaviour.

You want to condemn his behaviour, but you don't appear willing to condemn her far more violent and prolonged assault first. Really weird!

By the way here's a receipt from his shop where it's pretty clear that, in line with other sellers of similar products, a refund is not going to be available. Let us know why the shoplifter thought that this didn't apply to her.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
I see she’s back leading the revolution against the Asian shopkeeper that reprimanded an apparent thief in his store, of course the trauma is all down to white supremacy 🥴
She's not leading it, the action against the shopkeeper was organised by other people.

And reprimand is a massive way to downplay that he strangled a woman half his size.

The woman also wasn't a theif! The shopkeeper said it was over a refund.

Speaking after the incident but before the demonstration, the shopkeeper said that the video had been viewed "out of context", and claimed the woman had become hostile after being denied a refund on items she had previously purchased.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Could you please explain where you think I blamed her ?

She's not African. She is completely unable to link her family to Africa other than an -admittedly reasonable - assumption that because she is black she must be African, but God knows how many generations since. AFAIK she holds no African nationality. AFAIK she has spent no significant amount of time longer than an extended holiday, nor undertaken any significant works in Africa.

Being black is not being African. Being born and raised in Africa, or holding the nationality passed down by an ancestor, gives you African national / cultural belonging. It is a tragedy for her that slavery has removed the nationality link, but the fact remains that at best she has spent some holidays there and "felt like she came home" after slipping into a boubou, chowing down a few aloko and whatever else. Her entire cultural frame-of-reference is Carribean-British.
Descendants of slavery reconnecting with their African roots is clearly something you'd never understand. Africans aren't offended by this so I'm not sure why you are. Africans welcome this reconnection, it's a non issue.

If you just admitted you're trying to find any and every reason to dislike Ngozi I'd just appreciate your honesty.

monga

VIP Member
According to this interview she said LH wanted to prove she had no right to British Citizenship that screams malicious intent on the old woman’s part .

Blueblue123

VIP Member
No, you've remained conspicuously silent on her actions and behaviour.

Care to condemn her feral behaviour like most of twitter/x has? Or are you staying resolutely anti-shopkeeper and nothing else matters for you, unwilling to look at the context.
I'm not one of the sheeple so I don't need to parrot the opinions of Laurence Fox et al but thanks.
---
Good try ,we could all see how you were portraying this violent bully of a woman.
---
We’ll await the attempted murder charges if he was indeed trying to strangle her!
Maybe I was distracted by the large man with his hands wrapped around her neck.

Anyway, this conversation has fallen way below my intelligence levels so argue with yourselves.

One of you can't read and the other is a brute, not the usual company I like to keep!

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
Because - as shown in the clip you posted - he shoved her first, more than once.
He pushed her back to stop her thieving from his shop, that’s what any security would do, I’ve seen people being restrained on the floor until police arrive.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
she was defending herself. In the wrong way? Maybe.
Again, the ability to read is just not a skill all of us have apparently.

Get rid of your biases and use your sight as intended.

I've criticised her actions more than anyone defending the shopkeeper has criticised him. None of you have even suggested that he may be in the wrong, quite the opposite actually!

Last I checked, this thread wasn't an echo chamber so I don't need to mirror your condemnations of the woman especially when without my view, this thread would be ignoring the man's own violent behaviour.

If I don't want to add to the sea of voices trying to justify a MAN STRANGLING A WOMAN then I'll do that.

Last edited:

Blueblue123

VIP Member
I think it's quite normal for people to feel uncomfortable patronising a business where the owner strangles women.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
I never said her actions were right? Did I? Try again.

The man was the one being violent first and she was defending herself. In the wrong way? Maybe
But I do see a much bigger man applying unreasonable force and violence when restraint would have been more appropriate.