Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
She's not leading it, the action against the shopkeeper was organised by other people.

And reprimand is a massive way to downplay that he strangled a woman half his size.

The woman also wasn't a theif! The shopkeeper said it was over a refund.

Speaking after the incident but before the demonstration, the shopkeeper said that the video had been viewed "out of context", and claimed the woman had become hostile after being denied a refund on items she had previously purchased.
Not what MSM are reporting? We don’t get to see clear images for obvious reasons but police have bailed her ,so there must be a reason ?
---
Actually here is the full video..
I can see why police have charged her she looks pretty menacing to me…Customers are even trying to intervene to try and calm her.

Last edited:

Blueblue123

VIP Member
He pushed her back to stop her thieving from his shop, that’s what any security would do, I’ve seen people being restrained on the floor until police arrive.
He's not security. Being pushed isn't a form of restraint, nor is strangulation. Both are acts of violence and forms of attack.

If he wanted to restrain her, he should have held her arms or hands down.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
I'm not upset by it particularly. I mostly find it funny that someone who has actively chosen to mark herself out as being of a different culture is now complaining that people are asking questions about what her heritage is, when she doesn't actually belong to that culture at all.

What upset there is is from...anticipated hyprocrisy. I suspect if my kids turned up in boubous, asking for help from Sistah Space, they would be told they are not African and shamefully committing "cultural appropriation" by someone who isn't 1% as African as them.
So by your argument, I assume your children have African names? If your suggestion is Ngozi should have kept her European one.

Pipsy

VIP Member
What's all this about it being a crime when I never mentioned criminality in the first place? Direct it to your buddy @Gloria Rostron they brought it up. And rudeness and racism aren't mutually exclusive.

What's really going on here? Do you want evidence that she's a fraud or evidence that the racism never happened?

Those are two separate things but people seem to be conflating them because accusations of racism are too ghastly to confront so you'd rather find reasons as to why the person is undeserving of being heard.

I don't understand your post. The screenshot makes no mention of Sistah Space as a charity but makes many incorrect claims about West African cultures.

Also Ngozi is likely a descendant of West or Central Africa by the way of the slave trade so she's not imitating our culture, just reclaiming her own.

Also as a GHANAIAN myself (not Ghanayan) I'm offended at the inaccuracies in this email. Not all Igbos (not Ibos) are Muslim and there's no requirement for anyone to wear traditional garb when meeting royals. Kente cloth is also not woven with gold.

The email in the screenshot is written by someone who's clearly uneducated.
I agree with you. Respectfully, you've jumped to conclusions. I don't understand what's confusing about my post. I came across the comment and thought it might be interesting to others, so shared it. I already said I don't agree with the authors interpretation. I don't have to agree with something/someone to discuss it. Funnily enough I originally wrote 'I don't know how accurate the info is btw', but thought that was obvious/self-explanatory. And SS has been brought up itt, so it's relevant, I've agreed it's interesting. As would be a charity thread in general btw, if anyone's interested?

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
True. The email was full of such nonsense I could barely make out what he meant to be fair. But don't let that stop you from making that incoherent waffle with multiple inaccuracies your evidence against Fulani.
I have always said that the evidence is alleged and suspected. The outcome of the charities commission will be very telling.

monga

VIP Member
I don't think most white people would think they're being judged based on their race alone because it's not something that we have to think about at all
It's also a small section of people - most people I have personally met have been totally fine being friendly and having conversations about race. Ironically it's normally white people who are more resistant to these conversations and during the whole situation with this controversy that was definitely one of the themes where people were very desperate to excuse the whole exchange as perfectly normal and not at all rude
Why would they be resistant ? it's coming across like it's something to be ashamed of , one white mans's thinking is not another's .

Blueblue123

VIP Member
You didn’t say anything about her ! only implied she’s a tiny weak victim, when the footage shows the opposite.
Oh dear, it seems you can't read. I literally said "did she defend herself in the wrong way? Maybe". Who else would I be saying that about?

I also never used the words tiny or weak. Again, lack of comprehension and literacy abilities.

All I said was she was small and smaller than him.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Everyone in here defending that man's horrible violence against a WOMAN, not even he thinks what he did was right.

Shopkeeper says he regrets seizing woman by the throat amid backlash

And everyone saying she was swinging at him, she's hitting him AS his hands are already around her throat. She's literally defending herself.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Ms Fulani has been given several television interviews and an appointment with the Lady In Waiting to share her feelings.
To give her account as it was a major story which involved a high profile person. If it wasn't for the Royal Family's "never explain, never complain" policy Lady Hussey would have been interviewed too.

I don't think she was dismissed wasn't she given a public apology ?
I'm talking about the wider conservation around this like social media, article comments and this very thread.

monga

VIP Member
😅

They really don't want to let it go. The Charity Commission didn't even do an investigation suggesting there wasn't enough suspicion to look into them properly. They just assessed some claims for 3 days then decided to advise, not warn, the charity.

Surely it's a good thing that SS isn't doing anything wrong? The last thing we need is an organisation misusing people's money.

That's untrue and you know it. Ever since she spoke up people have questioned her hairstyle, her name, her clothing, suggested she set LH up, suggested she snuck a recording device in, questioned who her charity helps. Then they thought they struck gold when they looked into the charity's finances.

If it was purely about the charity, none of the other stuff would have come first.

Well the Charity Commission has looked into things and decided it didn't look bad enough for an investigation, so we've got what we've got.

This is about a business that Sistah Space has worked with, not Sistah Space itself.
I’m not sure who he’s implicating ? Would the other business be a charity? All seems a bit mysterious with the amount of funds mentioned, gov embezzlement , who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
By not publicly speaking out against claims, Ngozi/Sistah Space have made no attempt to steer the wider conversation in any other direction than the one it's going in.
If they were guilty of the claims, then what good would speaking out do? If the cat is out of the bag, trying to put it back in again is like fighting a lost cause.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
It's the fact that people are pretending to care about this incident because the conversation started veering in a direction they didn't like.

You can disagree that it had anything to do with racism AND condemn the shopkeeper's actions. It's not either or.
---
The bottom line is men shouldn't put their hands on women (the shopkeeper was physical first).

She shouldn't have taken the item.

If he wanted to stop her leaving with the item he should have restrained her properly, not shove her multiple times. An action which didn't actually stop her, just agitated her.

And being strangled is a disproportionate punishment and reaction.

Last edited:

Blueblue123

VIP Member
And you accuse me of being illiterate 🥴yeah it’s the same business, they’re calling on a boycott of all businesses bar black businesses….Like I wrote it’s supposed to be this woman View attachment 2450980
The two women do not look the same. I know people want it to be the same person to justify their belief that she deserved to be strangled but it just isn't.