New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
According to metservide the winds are currently 30km and the temp is 18 degrees, I think the child will survive!! Any excuse... Those kids are gonna be a nightmare to employ down the line
Yep, Chloe is at home because Mum cbf taking her to school. Her excuse is she doesnt want her to get sick. How do you think an immune system works, Maria?! 🤔😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hmm, I just did some googling and it seems like it's more related to raffles and gambling than giveaways - possibly because there's no cost of entry. But I could be wrong.
I've just been looking deeper into it myself, I think you're right, since there's no cost of entry they aren't held under the legislation. I wonder if there's something in the Commerce Act thought? As most giveaways could probably be seen as a business promotion and I'm sure there's legislation around that. I think our government really needs to do some research and provide us with more policies and guidelines regarding social media advertising/giveaways/influencing. There is regulation all throughout the business world, it should apply to these people to as they are essentially their own brand/business.

Reactions: 2
Thoughts on the latest news that JK has now bought Noopi?
What's the bet the price skyrockets and the quality plummets.
Was never a Noopi fan to be honest but watch the popularity of a damn nappy hit the roof now!
Did they!? I won’t be buying Noopi anymore 🤣 can’t support JK anymore. We usually use R&F anyway but I did like Noopi too, but duck no to an overpriced tit quality nappy which is what it’ll turn into just like the clothing. What’s the bet she’ll put her little floral designs all over them and hike the price up for it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Did they!? I won’t be buying Noopi anymore 🤣 can’t support JK anymore. We usually use R&F anyway but I did like Noopi too, but duck no to an overpriced tit quality nappy which is what it’ll turn into just like the clothing. What’s the bet she’ll put her little floral designs all over them and hike the price up for it 😂
The hype will be mad, I can already see it 🙄
Thank the lord we don't use nappies anymore and can't get sucked in. Will be interesting to see those who I know of who are all #ad #noopiesarethebest blah blah but don't support JK!
Wonder if they'll stick with them when they have to pay for them 🤣 R&F all the way!
Bought JK once and never again. Fell apart first wash when my girl was tiny!

Reactions: 3
The hype will be mad, I can already see it 🙄
Thank the lord we don't use nappies anymore and can't get sucked in. Will be interesting to see those who I know of who are all #ad #noopiesarethebest blah blah but don't support JK!
Wonder if they'll stick with them when they have to pay for them 🤣 R&F all the way!
Bought JK once and never again. Fell apart first wash when my girl was tiny!
Was never a Noopi fan to be honest but watch the popularity of a damn nappy hit the roof now!

Genuinely gutted, love noopii and it works so well for us with a babe with bad skin problems. Pretty sad when Jamie Kay is fast fashion at an extortionate price, not to mention so much plastic waste which noopii were so against.

Reactions: 6
I’m gutted ! I only ever use them as night time nappies anyway, but I really don’t want to support JK so will stop buying them from now on I think. So weird though selling to a clothing brand!!??

Reactions: 3
Omg yes the dog in the museum thing was the craziest thing she was so sure she would be able to take her DOG into a museum! How about that for entitled. I actually could not believe it.
Yeah I also liked her until then. We went to the museum the day before and it was so fuckn busy, most staff are volunteers and her attitude about it absolutely sucked. I can’t believe she actually ranted about it too.

I love that she’s so obsessed with her daughter and it’s pretty cool after hearing her disconnect through her pregnancy due to hg so kind of understand it but god damn it just seems unrealistic or maybe it’s just my 3 year old I equally love / annoys the absolute tit out of me on the daily lol

Reactions: 1
Short time reader, first time poster.
I was pointed in this direction from someone I follow. I have to say, I don't know of a lot of the people getting discussed so am a bit vacant with them. I've stopped keeping up with a lot of people so my opinions are probably based on content that isn't up to date. But for those that I do know of, here's my 2 cents:

Anna conning - I have zero doubt her son was and still is sick. I can't imagine going through that and tit she did in the moment should be received with empathy. I've heard numerous things about the GAL money. She should have known the surgery is only public. Surely that's one of the main questions you ask when it's the solution? That's what I would do anyway. I highly doubt no one would have had a problem if she then amended it to say they need it for x y z. Surgery and health issues come as a package and most people could do with the money tbh.

Fourtheloveofboys - I really like Sarah. I've chatted with her numerous times and find her to be really genuine.

Sera lily - I haven't followed her for so long so have no idea what she's up to. I stopped following when she left Auckland. I couldn't stand the constant yo-yoing with her health. Also considering all her products she sold seem to be health related, surely the constant dieting and off and on the bandwagon isn't a great inviter of customers. I'm not going to order food from someone who can't taste and I'm not going to buy health products from someone who can't get their own health together.

Nicole Alyce - I've had several chats with Nicole and actually quite like her. If I first looked at her profile though it doesn't really scream someone I'd usually follow but I don't think she's horrible in any way. She seems to genuinely want to help people with their fitness goals. There's nothing wrong with wanting the nice things in life and I think she gets a bit of a hard time because she looks like a 'barbie'.

Simone Anderson - I have to say I've probably had a bit of a sour taste for Simone for many years. I also used to be extremely unhealthy and overweight. I lost a similar amount of weight as she did without the surgery and yeah I do believe it's the easy way out. Surgery isn't fun, no, but just stop eating so much tit. That's all the surgery does anyway. Now she's just a walking billboard. I know so many people that follow her but its only. because they said they like watching her because she's a train wreck and for the giveaways. No one I know actually enjoys her content. Everything is ad gifted whatever. She portrays such an unrealistic lifestyle, especially for new mums. I don't care if she and Trent swing or whatever, but I do care about lying about donating to charity. Definitely think she's a horrible person.

Reactions: 6
Omg she kept her home aswell ffs surely the school can see through this bullshit lol
Can someone report her to the truancy officers? Wtf does she say to the school when she calls in "Chloe won't be there today it's raining" The school can't be okay with that??

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can someone report her to the truancy officers? Wtf does she say to the school when she calls in "Chloe won't be there today it's raining" The school can't be okay with that??
Yeah like at what point does it become a truancy issue??

Reactions: 7
That's a joke. It's not like she has to walk and has no shoes or raincoat. I managed to drive to work and survived.

Reactions: 5
Yeah I also liked her until then. We went to the museum the day before and it was so fuckn busy, most staff are volunteers and her attitude about it absolutely sucked. I can’t believe she actually ranted about it too.

I love that she’s so obsessed with her daughter and it’s pretty cool after hearing her disconnect through her pregnancy due to hg so kind of understand it but god damn it just seems unrealistic or maybe it’s just my 3 year old I equally love / annoys the absolute tit out of me on the daily lol

I think it helps she's not with her 24/7 due to her work and having a nanny! I'm not obsessed with my kids coz I have them 24/7 except when at school lol!!

Reactions: 4
So it's a mental health day for Chloe, not because it was raining and she couldn't be bothered..?
Wow, pull the old mental health card - knowing full well we are all watching on & disagree with the amount of time those kids have off.
I would say it's going to be more damaging to their mental health in the long run, not being at school often, perhaps getting behind in school work and social interactions.

Reactions: 11
Genuinely gutted, love noopii and it works so well for us with a babe with bad skin problems. Pretty sad when Jamie Kay is fast fashion at an extortionate price, not to mention so much plastic waste which noopii were so against.
theu are literally a disposable nappy… how you can be against plastic waste and be disposable?
Jk buying then is ridiculous though

Reactions: 4
Yeah the amount of plastic tit JK uses when Noopi is against that is really annoying. JK is a POS company and I’ll die on that hill, I bought so much when my daughter was a baby basically her whole wardrobe was JK. The quality is terrible and customer service is even worse. They don’t give a tit about their customers just $$. They had a batch of leggings that the leg lengths were WAY off like a whole cuff size difference, I know it wasn’t just mine because it was discussed on a mums page and sooo many people had odd leg lengths, the posts about it (even worded very politely) on the JK FB group were not accepted or deleted super fast, just like ANY negative comments or simple questions are deleted on that FB page. I couldn’t get a refund for the leggings that were completely different lengths, that’s ridiculous. The materials are cheap and nasty, the ribbed essentials fall apart so easily and the knits go all hard and stiff so fast, so uncomfy! Not to mention they’re not even warm for the price point you could get a merino or wool blend jersey. They have scandal after scandal like accidentally leaving Hubble & Dukes name & gumboot information on their information when they came out with their gumboot line, and the tablewear is so bleeping overpriced for what it is. They drop summer items when it’s winter in NZ because they care more about their sales in the US market than here. Sorry for the rant & I know this page is for influencers not companies but holy duck, I could go on for days. JK is complete trash and they will trash that nappy brand too, which is really sad considering how much love and thought has gone into building Noopi. noopi’s customer service is AMAZING, watch that go down the toilet in 2 seconds flat.

To finish.. if you want a nice ass jersey and you don’t mind paying a bit, I got my son a Grown merino jersey and it’s bleeping luxe, so warm, amazing, washes well. Literally shits on JK. Worth the price.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.