New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For someone who struggles with parenting, requires 10 naps a day and needs a clean house, why on earth would she consider keeping her kids home from school because it's too cold to drive them lol!!! HMHC's story this morning saying Ronan is home for the day (of course) and due to the cold she considered keeping Chloe home too!! Nuts!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Katie got super involved when the money was being raised, calling her out and acting like the whole thing was made up. Do any of you follow Anna or see any of her stories or reels? Do you just hire ambulances and helicopters for a baby that's not even sick?
That boy was so unwell and on top of dealing with that she had Katie sharing all sorts to her stories & sending haters her way.
Anna never asked for the givealittle page - that was actually stated by someone else on IG who thought she was doing the right thing but really made it all worse for their family by putting them in the public eye.
I have seen messages to friends pages spamming them to share and also asking for donations from Anna directly.

Never doubted her child is sick and still sick but her handling of the give a little, to which I did donate twice, seemed far from above board and her reputation locally is not flash long before a sick child so it’s understandable people have questions/red flags

Reactions: 1
Katie got super involved when the money was being raised, calling her out and acting like the whole thing was made up. Do any of you follow Anna or see any of her stories or reels? Do you just hire ambulances and helicopters for a baby that's not even sick?
That boy was so unwell and on top of dealing with that she had Katie sharing all sorts to her stories & sending haters her way.
Anna never asked for the givealittle page - that was actually stated by someone else on IG who thought she was doing the right thing but really made it all worse for their family by putting them in the public eye.
Did the person that set up the GAL make it worse or did Anna make it worse by sharing it around so much ...... I'll bet whoever set it up didn't see it blowing up like that though

Reactions: 2
Did the person that set up the GAL make it worse or did Anna make it worse by sharing it around so much ...... I'll bet whoever set it up didn't see it blowing up like that though
No of course not - there’s no way it was done with bad intentions. BUT. Sometimes it’s better to just stay out of others’ business - especially if you don’t know them. Leave that for friends and family to do.

Reactions: 1
I have seen messages to friends pages spamming them to share and also asking for donations from Anna directly.

Never doubted her child is sick and still sick but her handling of the give a little, to which I did donate twice, seemed far from above board and her reputation locally is not flash long before a sick child so it’s understandable people have questions/red flags
Agree here! Never doubted her son was unwell it was blatantly obvious but the way she handled the GAL was really bad. I also donated. Evidently she knew she couldn’t get that surgery privately but kept the GAL going? And I understand having a sick child means time for partner off work and travel costs but she should have capped it well before 35K because that’s CRAZY, and been honest about what it was for as soon as she knew that surgery wasn’t going to happen privately. She was so defensive about the whole situation which isn’t great when you’ve been donated tens of thousands of dollars. The continuing to buy expensive baby items at the same time - bad taste. Even if she didn’t make the GAL, she certainly took the opportunity for $ and ran with it. I don’t like how she begs “please engage please show some love” either but that’s just me being petty 😂

Reactions: 7
I agree with you 100% - and she was open and honest from the get go. She just got called out by nasty woman with big followings who sent the lynch mob her way. Imagine that while dealing with how ill her baby was.
I don't even know Anna, but I followed quite closely due to a friend having a baby with the same condition sharing her page.
Regardless of whether it was public or private, it's not just having surgery and then all is well in the world!
And to those who think it is, consider yourself lucky for never having been in a position where you've known how hard it is financially to have a sick child.
Anna is that you?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
No of course not - there’s no way it was done with bad intentions. BUT. Sometimes it’s better to just stay out of others’ business - especially if you don’t know them. Leave that for friends and family to do.
I agree. I mean again I don't know Anna, but from an outsiders perspective looking in, if it wasn't for that GAL being started it would never have turned the way it did.
I just felt sorry for her, already struggling hugely with the impact on their family with their boy being sick - and then having that GAL made for them. From what I saw it got shared by a few influencers & went wild from there.
I get she may have gotten sucked into the popularity etc, but who are we to judge that when she was going through so much!
Maybe it was one little bit of positivity to hold onto.
Her baby looked so incredibly sick at times.

That’s so sketchy!! She’s selling a tonne of her old clothes at the moment and I do quite like some of them but she is asking CRAZY $$$ for secondhand clothes. Be realistic babes.
That’s the same as what casarahmarycooper does too

Reactions: 3
Anna is that you?
Haha no definitely not Anna, I am a mum of multiple kids though and one who has had a few medical issues so know the strain - nothing to the extent of what her baby went through though!
I could be way off in my opinion but my defense in the whole situation is more because of the tit she was dealt from big high and mighty people like Katie and Morgan!!

Reactions: 6
@hashtagADspon are you still in nats hunger games?? 😂

I used to know her although stopped having anything to do with her after this tit show. And we live in a small town so I am still in contact with people that are close to her, and people talk, especially in small towns.
If she seriously pocketed $35k & didn’t donate, that’s really bleeping bad. Seems like her husband already makes decent coin, with all the stuff she buys. Could be just an illusion though like IG is lol.

• Haha
Anna is this you? Lots of defending Anna on here, knowing so much about her and this give a little, I kinda have to side with Morgan on this she’s the doctor and 100% would know the ins and outs

Reactions: 8
Anna is this you? Lots of defending Anna on here, knowing so much about her and this give a little, I kinda have to side with Morgan on this she’s the doctor and 100% would know the ins and outs
I stopped following Morgan long before this but I did see lots surrounding this - and followed Katie only because I was in the same Due Date group as her - have since unfollowed as I don't align with lots of things she says or does.
I can see how I look like I'm defending Anna, coz I am haha.
Maybe I was one of the ones sucked in by it all I guess but noone deserves the wrath of people in higher places just because of who they are or the following they may have.
My gripe here wasn't really to be so fully in defense of Anna haha more of showing again what a crappy person Katie is!
Just went that way I guess!

Yep! Her and Lisa Hays are so bad for this! Either they have the sickest kids on the planet or they're too lazy to take them to school 🤷
👀😂😂🤣 you're onto something here hahaha

That

That chick is 🤮. She’s another one who set up a gfm for her kids surgery and then ended up using the public system.
Shes also all over the Hamilton pay it forward pages asking for things. Shes not poor... nor does she ask nicely and gets crappy when people say no 🙄

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
new here

I must say I see nothing wrong with Katie Hawkey being ‘obsessed’ with her daughter. Isn’t that the point of being a parent?! Anyway I love that about her however I absolutely couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that dog in a front pack or her stand on being allowed to take an animal into The museum.That was crazy for her to think it would be ok to take an animal in there. I for one would love to see her address that and recognise she was wrong there because other than that I enjoy following her.

love following erana pound but Jordan is such a boring follow imo. Sometimes I watch her stories and think who actually watches this and gets something out of it???

the go fund me also bothered me to the point I no longer donate unless I know the person because cash seems to be spent left right and centre on branded clothes and toys and also sold off all the time. I have no doubt Anna’s son is actually sick however I do think the money was not used for what they said they needed it for So it is unfair to keep it. No one is going to put their hand up to say give it back so it should be donated to charity.

however, Anna and Sera Lynne are extreme opposites and in no way do I think that comp was rigged. Sera I actually like she is good to her followers.

casarah Cooper I used to follow but don’t anymore because her kids are always on an iPad, eating breakfast, family gatherings the works you always see them on a screen.

Simone I have zero interest in following again after reading here so thanks for the tea.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.