Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Does anyone follow Valerie Adams? She seems super lovely and down to earth, really enjoy her posts. I know her marriage recently ended but I see she has changed her sons name to Tava and her most recent story today shows her getting cosy with a woman in a hot tub. She used to be super close with the in laws who featured daily on her Insta and that all came to an abrupt end I assume when the marriage ended. 🤔
I love Valerie! Such a great role model!
I’m sad her marriage ended, I didn’t know that ..
Can we get a finau thread. I can't seem to figure out how to make it
Sorry I have to agree that she doesn’t need her own thread. She has been a hot topic for like a week (and what a week it has been 😮💨) but next week it will be someone else!

Reactions: 15

hazelnot

Chatty Member
I mean there are people who make their whole online presence about being a "mommy". So the idea of a child-free account isn't crazy imo. Some things may not be impossible but are easier without children for example. It's the way she goes at people in the comments for suggesting "hey maybe this isn't a childfree-specific activity" or whatever which is a problem. She needs to chill on the "clap backs" and whiney videos about other peoples opinions. The ones who go on the most about not caring what other people think are the moooost sensitive.
This x100 😂 It also screams to me how inauthentic she is in it. The less true something is for you, the louder you shout about it. If she was truly into it, she’d just have a rad account that happened to touch on childfree discussion semi regularly in a meaningful way. Not repeat itself and defend the point relentlessly all day err’day. Who are you trying to convince? 🤔

It didn’t come to her organically. She spotted a niche and moved into it, strategically. “As long as it gets engagement I’ll keep talking about it!!!” Okay, cool story bro. Authentic as.

Reactions: 15

Peaches87

Elle herself telling all her followers, to test an avocado in the supermarket for freshness you pull off the remnant of the stalk at the top, and if it looks fresh you can buy it.

Guess Elle herself never thought of the damage she's doing to the fruit which now has a portal for air and bacteria to enter. Can't believe she would think this entitled behavior is appropriate. At least with a gentle squeeze you aren't wrecking it for others. Nothing worse than buying an avocado and it's brown inside.
This is soooo wrong. Supermarkets have to throw out so many avocados each season from customers squeezing them to check if they're ripe which is why I think New World have a basket that says "ready to eat, do not squeeze'. Such entitled behavior from her, God she's a dick

• Sad
Reactions: 14

hashtagadintinywhitefont

Anyone who shares kids school uniforms or mentions the school is an idiot. This has been discussed before but it’s often not hard to track down full names / DOB / Suburb / Parents names etc etc cause they share all on social media which is a recipe for disaster cause as we all know the internet isn’t a safe place.

These kids are going to grow up with classmates knowing too much about them and I feel sorry for them. Their entire lives are being broadcast by the people who are meant to protect them.

it’s also sad that likes/follows/free courier packages and people commenting about how great they make life seem like deciples is what drives this. Poor kids.

magnoliab*tchin

Chatty Member
Oh good lord, Finau needs to hush. If old Bets is anything to go by, all it takes is a few screenshots and then absolutely, OT will be on your doorstep. You manufacture and disrupt an illegal drug from a home that is occupied by a child - what makes you any different to the local tinny house??????

YOU ARE SHARING YOUR ILLEGAL ACTIVITY WITH TENS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE GF…

• Wow

Black.bird

VIP Member
Tattlers, can we talk about the Today FM demise? It fits because the staff are mostly public figures.

I'll hide my lecture under a spoiler as it's long and some may prefer to scroll on by :)

I'm shocked that the plug was pulled over a ~$1m deficit. That is nothing in business. Yes, we are heading into a recession BUT there are always deals to be done with advertising and sponsorship. I'm in business and know how it works. Unless there was something coming up that they thought was going to clean them out - such as a court case - then they still had enough to work with.

I think the writing should've been on the wall as soon as Dallas Gurney - the talents' boss - resigned. The CE, whose baby this all was, seems to have lost focus so soon before departing (and going back to a job in aviation) - he spoke of a five year commitment to this, yet only one year was achieved. You simply can't move the earth in only one year ... they were making achievements and had gained their own audience and following; if they were granted even just two more years to make it work, I'm sure they could've been fine. It's a slap in the face to everyone concerned, a lot of whom left TV jobs to go there and were specifically told not to mind the ratings for the first year.

I don't think the likes of Tova and Duncan will get work so quickly. They are polarising personalities and in a world where the likes of Wendy Petrie - who's extremely well-liked - got put out to pasture due to cost cutting, they'll be expensive and controversial hires no matter where they go. When Hilary Barry, Susie Nordqvist and John Campbell all got jobs at TVNZ, that raised a few eyebrows among disgruntled staff (and rightly so, too) - TVNZ didn't look after Wendy by bringing her back post-Covid (sure, she's a relieving newsreader now, but they haven't fully reinstated her); nor have they looked after other reporting and presenting staff by either not offering them permanent jobs or internal promotions.

TV3/Discovery is not a nice place to work, especially for those in the news room. I doubt many - if any - will return there. Tova definitely won't, after she took TV3/Discovery to court to get released to go and work for Mediaworks.

We need more competition for the likes of Newstalk ZB, some of the hosts of which are so bloody rude to callers it's not funny.

I wasn't a frequent listener of Today but did hear the odd investigative report, which I thought was really interesting and otherwise missing from the radio landscape.

If Sean Plunket can get huge funding for his radio show (and he's terrible - shuts callers down very swiftly if he doesn't agree with them; is a nightmare to work with), then why can't these guys get backing too - via crowd funding or a consortium/high wealth individual? They could also do an online show - for which there seems to be demand, given the other two that have recently launched (in addition to The Platform). Or, they could do podcasts - but that might not tap into their core skillsets.

I think people like Wil Shrimpton will be fine - I could see her ending up at Newsroom working alongside Melanie Reid on investigations. Carly Flynn seems to have a regular-ish spot reading Prime News on the weekends, so she'll be okay (plus, I think she has a company selling barstools). I don't know about the others.

Last edited:
  • Heart

kiwimumof3

So does Cherie 😬
Theres a woman on tiktok who just moved her cake shop down to Christchurch (are all cake makers crazy??) and she posted her kids visiting their new school and showed the school, their uniforms etc. Someone suggested she probably shouldn’t share those details on a public platform and her reply was so snarky, like “I’m comfortable with what I share about my kids on social media” blah blah. ITS LITERALLY TIKTOK. I was shocked. Maybe all cake makers ARE crazy

• Wow
  • Haha

Becauseyouasked

VIP Member
Danni’s latest post- I get where she’s coming from but I’m having a long weekend with and without kids. It’s only camping Danni. Now if you had gone overseas somewhere- wait! I’ve got three sets of friends all travelling around Europe with their kids. They must be pretty annoyed about that!

• Angry

letitrip

How many things does TD need to do to have her cup filled? Boring inspirational posts and each week needing something. She seems to spend more weekends away from her kids these days. Must be nice oldest is 14 and can look after the younger ones.
God the way she has gone on about this boob job like she has been through hell and poor her so bloody insensitive to those ladies out there recovering from medical boob surgery. Like do it if you want your body but don’t act the bloody victim have some sensitivity to those who had to have surgery to live. As for her mothering skills she is disgusting, it’s always poor her

peanutbutter20

I feel so sad when Sera Lyn posts pics of her baby screaming in his cot at night. They are in day care all day and surely miss mum. I get shes tired too but hold him dont film him screaming and say its been hours 😞 they grow so fast. The vape thing sux but shot me. Kids are quick.. yeah dad vapes so does half the country... kids get into stuff the shouldnt my toddler ate my moisturiser after smearing it all over her face all while I went for a quick wee.
And yet she still wants another one.. maybe just give your current children the time and attention they deserve first.. Some people are super selfish when it comes to having multiple kids.

• Sad