New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Elle herself missed the memo about having kids and how exhausting it is because she sure does moan alot about how tired she is. Duuuuh. That first year especially is hard with all the leaps, regressions, teething, new milestones. What a shame she has to keep retraining her twins.
Yes, exactly. I saw that, she even said she had to get over complaining....simple don't post about it. She has parents, friends, a nanny, five buggies. Takes two seconds to brush your hair before filming, and we didn't need to know Roo gets constipated on bananas. Why use a child for engagement in a public forum like that.😡 That's what private parents FB and other groups are for.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
MFM wants 4 day weeks, why though?
she always complains about spending time with the kids and calls them buttholes??
not to mention she doesn’t actually do anything in the week anyway so why does she need an extra extra weekend day?
01186D03-C45C-46C2-9671-8364571FB727.png

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Eww. Lou Morley always has dirty long fingernails. It’s actually disgusting. Not to mention she is constantly using her hands and putting them on her face.. it’s just filthy 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 2
And how long have the muffins been stored. The cream cheese is cracking. Can only hope they are in a refrigerated cabinet. That's just not appetising🤢
Was gonna say those muffs look naaasty and cc icing has split, yuuuck! Oh well if we don’t sell em today we’ll just pop them out again tomorrow! ✌🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 7
And how long have the muffins been stored. The cream cheese is cracking. Can only hope they are in a refrigerated cabinet. That's just not appetising🤢

Sure there not last weeks? 🤣
Everything is covered in sauce and icing because it's made so far in advance it's dry as heck!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Not sure Maria is correct about her data. Absent students has been rising since covid. I had to unfollow ‘Em and Danni, couldn’t take it anymore.
Agree that post and data made no sense. Did she even read what she had written before she posted. Of course it was lower pre pandemic. She’s ridiculous

Reactions: 5
I would never send my children with 🤢 v or d bug or obvious fever.

But!!! beause I work, they go off to school with sniffles and coughs. My son has had a runny nose and hacking cough for 12mths and doctor keeps confirming it is allergies/asthma.

99% of the time, just being busy at school and school routine, chatting to their friends ....they come home in fantastic moods and there was clearly nothing wrong with them.

My work expects me to be in the office, and school expects him to be in the classroom.

He was the last one to catch 🦠 in his classroom in Aug and now i dont overthink/overanalyse anymore. He is so far behind from lockdowns and he starts high school next year so every day in the classroom is a win.

Primary School children DO NOT need mental health days ffs.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Primary School children DO NOT need mental health days ffs.
I have to disagree with your last bit. Primary school is where bullying, mind games, kids being nasty all start. And any kid that’s on the receiving end of that should feel safe enough to ask to stay home because of it. Sure, they may not know what ‘taking a mental health day’ means. But I think understanding your emotions and how things are effecting you and then how to deal with and over come them most definitely needs to start as young as primary school age and parents need to be understanding of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Agree that post and data made no sense. Did she even read what she had written before she posted. Of course it was lower pre pandemic. She’s ridiculous
And now she’s claiming her kids get ONE mental health day off per term? Lol. Sure hun.

So, since the beginning of this year a friend of mine has been keeping a tally on her notes app, tracking how many days MFM has kept her kids home from school for any reason. This was after many convos amongst friends about how much they seem to be home.

She can’t say this is ALL of the days the kids have been off because she may have missed a few and Maria was in Europe for like, a month, but so far this year Maria’s son has been home from school at least 36 days, and her daughter has been home at least 32 days.

That’s seven weeks of absence.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
And now she’s claiming her kids get ONE mental health day off per term? Lol. Sure hun.

So, since the beginning of this year a friend of mine has been keeping a tally on her notes app, tracking how many days MFM has kept her kids home from school for any reason. This was after many convos amongst friends about how much they seem to be home.

She can’t say this is ALL of the days the kids have been off because she may have missed a few and Maria was in Europe for like, a month, but so far this year Maria’s son has been home from school 36 days, and her daughter has been home 32 days.

And she had the audacity to say they had had 3-4 weeks off this year on that RNZ interview.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
And she had the audacity to say they had had 3-4 weeks off this year on that RNZ interview.
And before MFM or any of her apologists get up in arms about “stalking” or whatever…this is all just noticing what Maria herself chooses to put on a public forum that can be viewed by anyone. If you don’t want people commenting on your parenting decisions, maybe don’t put yourself up as an expert to be interviewed for your reckons on RNZ!

Reactions: 22

She can’t say this is ALL of the days the kids have been off because she may have missed a few and Maria was in Europe for like, a month, but so far this year Maria’s son has been home from school 36 days, and her daughter has been home 32 days.

Holy tit! That's a big number.

I will admit to not really feeling the need for "Mental Health Days" at such young ages. Kids are mean to each other. Fact of life. However that very behavior, teaches children resilience. Not everyone in life is going to be your friend & treat you nicely. Learning to accept & live with that while also developing self confidence & learning the skills to enable conflict resolution is vital & should start in primary school.

if a child is encountering major issues with bullying or other negative behaviors no amount of mental health days are going to resolve that situation. That will require a far more direct & sustainable approach other than removing the child from a scenario for a day at a time.

Once those kids hit high school if they haven't learnt how to handle conflict within their peer group or the fact that a teacher / reliever isn't their favourite or is upsetting their routine- then they will be in a whole world of pain.

Removing them from every situation they find uncomfortable teaches them nothing & is really only compounding any issues in the long run.

Reactions: 8
And before MFM or any of her apologists get up in arms about “stalking” or whatever…this is all just noticing what Maria herself chooses to put on a public forum that can be viewed by anyone. If you don’t want people commenting on your parenting decisions, maybe don’t put yourself up as an expert to be interviewed for your reckons on RNZ!
Furthermore, there are clearly a number of people who have noticed how much school her kids miss. People even raise it with MFM and she gets defensive about it. MFM, maybe you should keep a tally of how much school your kids are missing, because it ain’t 3-4 weeks a year. You are clearly in denial.

Reactions: 6
So Tarryn going on about food and how she exercises to be strong not for weight loss?? Umm she pretty much joined a meal plan and brags about how much weight she’s loss. Concerned about one child but all been taught the same about food etc. If you constantly post yourself half naked, working out commenting about your weight loss of course they are going to pick it up! You have gone for years going on about your body and only now commenting about how you like it because you have put yourself on a strict eating plan and work out all the time!

Reactions: 9
TD, way to broadcast all over social media that you think one of your sons has an eating disorder. Honestly criminal how much disrespect for their own kids privacy these people have.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I have to disagree with your last bit. Primary school is where bullying, mind games, kids being nasty all start. And any kid that’s on the receiving end of that should feel safe enough to ask to stay home because of it. Sure, they may not know what ‘taking a mental health day’ means. But I think understanding your emotions and how things are effecting you and then how to deal with and over come them most definitely needs to start as young as primary school age and parents need to be understanding of this.
Agree with you on this.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I need to stop hate watching EmCult. Was only about a year ago I really liked her and felt sorry for her. I think she knows the gravy train of influencing isn't going to sustain their family anymore and is so desperate to hang on to it. Just let it go Em!
Holy tit yes I was sucked in by her big time too.

Reactions: 3
In case anyone is interested

IMO she didn't say much of importance, her children ask for mental health days, she's up front and honest with the school about abscences, the children have had about 3-4 weeks off this year due to illnesses, covid has created anxious children, she will keep her children off School if something stressful is coming up for them, cheap airfares are a legit reason to have time off school, as are family holidays.
Lisa asked her if there was not enough emphasis put on actually turning up to school. Maria avoided the answer

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.