Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

tryharder

VIP Member
Wonder if Simone will have her baby at home tomorrow to debunk the day care rumour. Like there is absolutely no shame in sending your kid to day care. But when you delete and block people for asking you about it, that’s pretty weird. Why not just own it?!

Reactions: 9

Nuts

Oh please. You didn’t come here with logic. You came where with lame defenses, for people simply having opinions and observations they have made about Simones content. People can have an opinion about what they’ve seen with out it being because they are some “jealous woman” (very gender stereotyping here).
I have to agree, I used to love Simone in the early days (even bought her book!!) but I respectfully unfollowed as I felt her content just wasn’t aligning with me anymore - not her problem that I’m not digging her stuff any more.
But now for me she’s become a good example amongst many of why I’d be worried about my daughters when they come to an age they’d be starting down the social media route - Want a great lifestyle? Don’t worry about an actual honest job, just grift on social media and you’ll get everything you ever dreamed of!
Again, it’s not just Simone, there’s so many more doing this than I even realised - Simone is just someone I followed (and admired!) from the beginning and watched morph into something I’m not sure I like.

Went to see stuffreneesays based on this chat - stories of herself filming while driving 🤦🏽‍♀️ Nope can’t do that. No IG story is worth that kinda risk especially with kids in the car. You’re content isn’t worth it
It’s down her own drive way on the farm she lives on if that makes you feel any better about it!

SimoneAnderSpon

I remember briana flower day and Louisa being friends, does anyone have any tea on Brittany Cunningham? The “social media content creator”

I really like Angel Heron, currently enjoying some Rosies Tribe for the Gloriavale tea (fasinating)

cannot stand Emma and her babes, any influencers under 10k now I’m like yeah your trying lol it’s not enough because there’s so many of them. Or the ones who have like 3-5k and get sent codes
I know a wannabe influencer who has somewhere between 1-2k followers. She's absolutely awful and ignores her family unless she's getting 'content' from them. This shit is gonna fuck up their kids psyches so much. Mum only gives a shit about you when you are smiling for Instagram, otherwise fuck off and leave mum alone so she can chat to her Instagram friends all day.

• Sad
  • Wow

1001 others

VIP Member
Nadia Lim ...

After that bozo insulted her (the DGL chap), I was astonished to hear (on Newstalk ZB - Heather's show, where she has a panel discussing stuff), someone say that she doesn't deserve to be a judge of the revamped Masterchef airing soon on 3! When Heather and the other panelist (who worked in PR, I think?) expressed horror in what he'd said, he didn't back down ... he said sure, she might have won one of the earlier series but what does she know about cooking.

I cannot believe the beat-up she is receiving. I think she was a nutritionist before she went on Masterchef, and then there's My Food Bag, which she played an integral part in (as co-founder and now brand ambassador - think she might have sold her shares).

From where I stand, she seems a nice enough lady and has obviously done very well; I don't understand why she's triggering all these middle-aged men!

I love Chelsea Winter. I went to a couple of her demos and she is just lovely - very genuine and exactly what you see on TV. I wonder what these middle-aged men think of her? (She's arguably just as successful, although has gone down a different route with her kitchenware, books and demonstrations).

Misshippy

hannahs besties, Brianna comes from a multi millionaire family, Claire whilst still very privileged is the “poorest”of the lot and often comes across as quite bitter. I doubt these 2 would have a following if it wasn’t for being Hannah’s best friends.

agree that Hannah is nice but she is also very smart and pops in a warehouse / Kmart / second hand purchase every now and again to be #relatable to all us normal people. Easy for some people to forget how much money she has and that her mum life is noticeable easier than most mums due to her privilege and all that brings. Annoys me how she isn’t always very transparent with her ads / tags of gifted products as well.

I’m finding angel heron really good to watch at the moment, she seems to be keeping it real and I don’t think I’ve seen her post any ads / gifted products yet for the baby even though I bet she’s had heaps of offers. I remember when she was talking about prams and she was talking about how hard and overhehelming she was finding choosing one but for that reason she didn’t want any recommendations or offers etc.

Bec Whitley I enjoy watching as she keeps it real most of the time too and doesn’t take any gifted products anymore. Have enjoyed watching her go from stay at home mum to working mum and how well she seems to be doing

ESimpson has always annoyed me and I’ve never once followed her.

Claudia Harris I used to enjoy but as her following has gotten bigger she has just become so entitled and greedy and try hardy, and I now make an effort to not buy off the businesses that send her free stuff as she just takes anything and everything, even conflicting brands and products. Feels like she’s just milking it from her daughters journey.

Annoys me so much when very wealthy people start getting sent freebies from companies to post #ads 😑😑😑

notsponny

I’m so sick of beige baby rooms from influencers.. Like appreciate gender neutral stuff but wheres the colour?? They all look the same. Accounts that have that same filter on all the pics 🧐
I really like Jess Molina for aesthetic things. Morgan Edwards for information. Juls Matthews, Kasia Stanicich, Fiona Goddard, Jordyn from Kiwi Birth Tales and Forkingyum all seem nice

• Haha

zeroeffstogive

She’s a bit odd. Blocked me for no reason at all. I thought she was cool too, but why block someone that literally has not ever said anything🤦🏻‍♀️
She’s very defensive and a bit passive aggressive aswell, she chose to share the journey and get on the “following” band wagon because of it then gets all pissy when she does a question box.
She seems easily led… and the leader is Christiaan… so not much hope.

So why talk about such a personal thing publicly when the family hasn’t? This is not ok.
It was all over the news? Most news agency’s and media covered it. I didn’t share any of the details, why does suicide have to be hidden?

She’s very defensive and a bit passive aggressive aswell, she chose to share the journey and get on the “following” band wagon because of it then gets all pissy when she does a question box.
She seems easily led… and the leader is Christiaan… so not much hope.

It was all over the news? Most news agency’s and media covered it. I didn’t share any of the details, why does suicide have to be hidden?
I’m not saying the family are “hiding” it either, they don’t need to talk about it. But doesn’t mean it didn’t happen and hasn’t been talked about and reported all over the world.

SimoneAnderSpon

Some of these "influencers" who felt attacked should really thank us for our honesty I'm noticing one I called out last week Danni Duncan is trying to create some new content and trying to relate more to people not just to going on and on about being in her 40s and childless.
Ooh I hope she continues that.
I had to unfollow cos it was just so repetitive and boring to me. Like cool, you don't want to have kids, good for you. I know there is definitely push back when people choose to not have kids. But for that to be the main thing someone talks about nonstop is just not interesting to me.

I didn't bother giving her that feedback as I have children and no doubt would be perceived by her as being a judgey and offended mum.

• Heart

RawlingsBlue

Chatty Member
Simone Anderson - the worst of the worst. Professional parasite. How many times does she need to be investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority before people realise how fake and problematic she is? I reckon there are a lot of inactive accounts, and hate followers making up her numbers. Will keep having kids til she has a girl - because a girl will bring in a lot of new brands. Hope she is keeping some of the revenue from the ads where she exploits her kids, for their counselling sessions when they are older.

Not everyone calling you out on your bullshit Simone is "bullying" you. You mention in one of your latest posts "your job is not to listen to it". But maybe you should. Maybe you should listen to the damage you are doing to your vulnerable followers.
She is a walking billboard, has literally sold out her life. Nothing she posts is genuine at all.

She makes her life look so amazing but I just could not fathom being a slave to advertising my life.

• Heart

Okelydokely

Chatty Member
I'm so over Simone, but I can't bear to look away.

From her shirtless son in autumn, feeding him in the bath (???), that ugly dog of theirs, her husband in his suits 2 sizes too small, her videoing herself crying while cuddling Asher because she loves him so much (have the moment to yourself FFS, surely the last thing on your mind is recording yourself for the gram, it'll be #sponsored by Kleenex soon), and taking photographs and cleaning up the kitchen before they eat. I bet their dinner is stone cold by the time they sit down to eat.

Rebecca Keil... very relateable. Love her.

Ellie... love her too, got a fair few of their candles and have bought them for gifts for others too. I enjoy following her, especially when she gives her husband shit

ughnotagain

Just going to put it out there, I used to really like Kateyourmate's content, was funny and relatable (except going to the gym every morning lol) but ever since she has had what's his name, I feel like she is less relatable and I had my first kid a few months before her 😂. She let her partner take the baby out on his first walk on his own a few weeks ago and she had to get on the gram and was feeling so nervous - I think every mum deserves a break but I guess she doesn't want one?? I can't think of anything worse than having spent every waking moment with my child for 10 months straight.....

And now she's quit her job so I guess the #ads will sustain her income while she GETS OUTSIDE everyday whilst the rest of us are trying to get out of the house to get to work lol.

shh77

VIP Member
For the new thread do we keep it simple with New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #3?

Also thanks to all the influencers who had a wah about this site, the thread has never been busier.
Hardly any traffic for months! Apart from me lol and now boom! So good lol

• Haha
From happymumhappychild. So I get it - she may not be in a space to read comments on her. But occasionally she, and all influencers, needs to get out of their echo chambers of how amazing they are and see how their "influencing" affects the mental health of those following them - even if those followers are not even fully aware yet themselves of how they are being manipulated. Case in point where Maria says "being an influencer is not where my passion lies - I love chatting to you guys the most". Further developing that idea of being one of her friends, part of her family- making it easier to sell to us later.

Attachments

• Heart