Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

biscotti22

So who DOES everyone like to follow?
I like Emily Writes, flow with Cush, Ana Mcalister, earthside nz, clementine Ford (Australian) in the past they have all challenged my views which living In a very white small town I think is important. I like what’s for smoko and Jaz Mathisen for their farm, garden and recipes content. Brodie Kane, flow with Cush and Rebecca Keil for the lols. I only follow the influencers like Simone for the entertainment to be honest, same
reason I watch shows like MAFS 😅 Their lifestyle is so far removed from mine and everybody I know it’s like a reality drama

Reactions: 8

Nuts

This is actually really cruel. I don’t know why anyone has to resort to insulting people’s appearance? I’m all for holding influencers to account for being ridiculous, duplicitous or “woe is me” with all of their free stuff, but I genuinely think comments like this are horrible, and I don’t really want to be part of a forum where it’s ok to mock people for their appearance or make crass comments. That actually is bullying.
Have to agree with you there - comment on peoples actions but not fair to comment on peoples looks (unless positive)
She’s got a bangin’ bod, good for her I say!!

Is it just me or does anyone else feel Seb Loves who was begging for donations for months to bring her brother home from overseas got what she wanted before doing a 180 and being all about anti vax/freedom etc?? It felt like she held off her opinions until she had the money (a big amount too!) and then as soon as he was on his way back she went all nuts about the vaccine/going off grid etc. just doesn’t sit right with me 🤷🏻‍♀️ Now her page Rustic River and all she talked extensively about downsizing, going off grid and living the simple life……all sounded very wholesome except her life to me looks just like her previous life, she is all about the aesthetic’s, her pool they have to get etc…..I wouldn’t say that’s the simple life? And fair enough to choose homeschooling but don’t compare your kids playing down the garden in a pop up tent as all the learning they need. She can’t see things from others point of view, just belittles anyone who doesn’t share her views, gross.

zeroeffstogive

Maria’s having a whinge about Tattle life, seems she doesn’t like being held accountable for shitty actions, we know your reading Maria 🫠🤣

Maria’s having a whinge about Tattle life, seems she doesn’t like being held accountable for shitty actions, we know your reading Maria 🫠🤣
But of course “you’re not” though aye 🥴😉🫣😶🌫

• Haha

zeroeffstogive

I had to unfollow, for someone who owns a skincare and makeup business the foundation colour is always mismatched, and creating a separate instagram for your huge new free house honestly just seems really showy and the furtherest thing from genuine or relatable you can get, as well as constantly complaining about people and things in her life i.e. her husband working so hard for peanuts and not spending heaps of time with them because he’s working, but if she didn’t have the husband she wouldn’t have the boujie house and fancy cars and he seems to wear designer clothes? Like it’s cool to have a privileged life, I wish I did, but why run a dedicated instagram to a house that you don’t even seem to own? Confused.

She has spoken about her hard times and kudos for always trying with her side hustles and small kids, she’s is way less flashy with her money than Mandy and Sara Lynne (so?) who I’ve followed briefly after seeing her name on here, I can’t cope, I had to unfollow again, mandy takes a photo of her coffee mug because it’s next to the “Land Rover” badge, and Sara Lynne, wow… actually no words just wow! So I find Renee down to earth when it comes to that side of it.

MrsEyeroll

VIP Member
I see this site has hit a nerve with some of the so called influencers today.
Yep! All trying to justify and deflect the fact that they're problematic in so many ways and taking advantage of their viewers. Even somebody like Lottie has done stories about us and it's most likely because the precious queen Lisa hays was mentioned 🙄

This is actually really cruel. I don’t know why anyone has to resort to insulting people’s appearance? I’m all for holding influencers to account for being ridiculous, duplicitous or “woe is me” with all of their free stuff, but I genuinely think comments like this are horrible, and I don’t really want to be part of a forum where it’s ok to mock people for their appearance or make crass comments. That actually is bullying.
absolutely agree. Here for the tea and mocking the ridic shit they all do but the body shaming is not my jam. The stuff about Katie was shit because I think she does Well to encourage body positivity and actually dresses really nice.same with lovingellie.

Kiwigem

Chatty Member
How did Moochstyles get people’s email address from the site?

kudos though for reflecting on the comments in here
Never bothered to watch mooch but I’m guessing with out proof he had done so, I’d call his bluff. Crying over 3 threads worth of discussion about various nz people online (a high percentage with praise) so they should try being hinch or Solomon or Katie bloody price ?? Get a grip ! If you do want a laugh guys - go check out the hinch thread 🤣

Last edited:

biscotti22

I want to know how people like Millie Holmes get all their money for the lifestyles they have. No hate just help me out 😂 I know lots of them have businesses and side hustles but surely it isn’t that easy

• Haha

cdoggydawg

Oh yes, and “at full price” of course. No declared paid partnership with The Diamond Shop even though she featured them in a bunch of different posts over several weeks.
Sure love, you think we don’t realise you’re getting a hefty discount for that quid quo pro deal you’re doing for her there?
I remember before I followed her I saw her get in trouble for not declaring ads and I thought “oh that’s a bit rough, probably an honest mistake” but now that I follow her I swear she doesn’t declare half of the shit she shows.

• Haha
OfficiallyEm- Started out helpful with info on babywearing etc but then it became very obvious how much she hates parenting. Changed her account from Raising Ziggy to OfficiallyEm, to be more about her than her kids and then cries that she has lost so many followers or has only gained 1000 followers over the last year.

She is a classic oversharer - especially some very private medical info about her younger boy (which I won't repeat here for his privacy). Criticises her husband all the time and is now trying to turn him into an influencer himself now. Very critical of her mother (who she hides from the stories where she talks about her).

During the 2020 lockdown she just whinged and whinged about being stuck at home with her kids. She scaremoungered everyone saying disposable nappies were going to sell out (they didn't) to get people to use reusables, and advocated for the Warehouse to stay open.

The worst part is creating this weird cult "the Embassy" where you pay to be her friend and get extra content which is mostly about her childhood and her sex life and more whinging. She pushes it so much and makes you feel like you are being left out and they feel very much like the highschool mean girls group. Also shuts down her page all the time - another tactic to encourage followers.

Has so many ads and discount codes and is very very pushy with it. Makes you feel like you are the reason they are poor (spoiler - they are not) if you don't buy all the things. Puts up a pink shirt day post the other day and surprise surprise she uses it to do another ad 🤦.

Have been dying to know what happened between her and Emily Writes so the chats on here have been good to get some of the tea on that!

I really like Rebecca she seems really honest about the help she needs, good on her for accepting instead of crying about hard everything is constantly 😅 wouldn’t be surprised if she has adhd
I like following her cos it’s new content everyday instead of just routine posting. And I find her more relatable then others

Misshippy

I actually love Gemma Lee Bradley too - I find her really relatable and raw. Speaks the truth too which i get a good giggle about sometimes 😂 not to mention her little bub is darn cute

Yellowflowers

I see Simone is working all weekend again, poor love. At least she has taken her child this time. They actually look so out of place in that cabin. And it doesn't look very child friendly. She'll have to have lots of talks to asher about not doing anything dangerous.

For the new thread do we keep it simple with New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #3?

Also thanks to all the influencers who had a wah about this site, the thread has never been busier.
I think our naming convention is now set in place, and I for one am glad it’s nice and simple, and doesn’t require a bunch of posts to settle on it at the end of every thread.

About that It reminds me heaps of that officially Em / raising Ziggy real like obsession with attention. The embassy and empire and everything Em stuff its so bad for your mental health to make everything about you and then they get a tiny bit of attention online and quit their jobs and get their husbands to quit their jobs and then freak out when that’s heaps of pressure like of course it is? Everyone else has to work and nobody else says oh my job is paying ok and I might get paid more so my husband should quit his job. They create problems for themselves then monetise those problems to appear relateable and it’s so unhealthy, like raising Ziggy said she had a mental breakdown and took maybe two days off posting and kept being all “follow me on patreon for my sexual abuse ptsd trauama mental breakdown stories“ and then stopped going to therapy and when all her followers are saying oh I love this and I love when you give us private info about your husband it means they have no healthy boundaries which again is bad for your mental health but they all say they’re mental health campaigners when they never give health advice for mums like see your gp, go to therapy, get meds, set boundaries …
Ive been waiting for Em to come up... everything seems so hard for her and shes always offended by the smallest thing.. alot of the time i think she needs a reality check about real life problems. Her husband is home most the time and she still struggles with parenting.

Happymumhappychild (Maria Foy) - again, nice lady. Very open and honest about her health and mental health. But SO MANY ADS, too many ads. Also the "mothering is hard" angle wears a little thin.

She lost my following when I found out she had received undisclosed payments to appear on the news about Kmart.

• Wow