New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God I wish Danni Duncans IUD will fail and land her with triplets! And no babe that's not "style" it's fuken awful.
I know right! I feel like she'll get pregnant and then turn into one of those "mum influences" and everything she said previously gets shoved back in her face 😂

Reactions: 2
I know right! I feel like she'll get pregnant and then turn into one of those "mum influences" and everything she said previously gets shoved back in her face 😂
She always goes on and on about it. We get it. That's cool. She needs to take a look at her actions now tho and think of those that can't have babies and want them and all they hear is her record on repeat saying how essentially kids are a hinderamce and she's out there dissing a life of motherhood that she has no experience in what so ever when some women are craving that life and can't have it.

Reactions: 4
She always goes on and on about it. We get it. That's cool. She needs to take a look at her actions now tho and think of those that can't have babies and want them and all they hear is her record on repeat saying how essentially kids are a hinderamce and she's out there dissing a life of motherhood that she has no experience in what so ever when some women are craving that life and can't have it.
Yes exactly! It's just crazy to think that someone who might be wanting to try for a baby who actually can't due to multiple different reasons and she's sitting there like "oh I can have babies if I wanted but I don't so I'll sit here and blab about the best parts of not having kids!" Like so insensitive and I guarantee she is going to either regret not getting pregnant or get pregnant then blab on about how hard it is 🙄🙄

Reactions: 1
I wanna know what happened with Ness Watson and her marriage
She cheated on her husband, hence why she’s gets so defensive… this is from another member…

“If you followed her back then you might remember a couple in Nelson who used to travel over to see her all the time… Then suddenly stopped. It was the husband. Ness split from Chris, but the other couple stayed together. They’re quite religious so I imagine that played a part in the staging together business. Worst thing is she’s always posting about how amazing he is, and whenever I see that I can’t help but think how amazing is he for cheating on you with one of your best friends?!”

She cheated on her husband, hence why she’s gets so defensive… this is from another member…

“If you followed her back then you might remember a couple in Nelson who used to travel over to see her all the time… Then suddenly stopped. It was the husband. Ness split from Chris, but the other couple stayed together. They’re quite religious so I imagine that played a part in the staging together business. Worst thing is she’s always posting about how amazing he is, and whenever I see that I can’t help but think how amazing is he for cheating on you with one of your best friends?!”
Was that the photographer lady that did heaps of shoots for ness??

Reactions: 3
Also, I love Rebecca Keil and so glad her husband is treating her a bit nicer!
But what was the tea on that? They split (a while back) and she was solo holidaying with her Mum and seemed super sad, I’m assuming he cheated but then realised how amazing she really was?!

Was that the photographer lady that did heaps of shoots for ness??
Yes! She was her “second” best friend down from Nana Whittaker 🤣🤮

• Haha
But what was the tea on that? They split (a while back) and she was solo holidaying with her Mum and seemed super sad, I’m assuming he cheated but then realised how amazing she really was?!

Yes! She was her “second” best friend down from Nana Whittaker 🤣🤮
Wonder if that's why nana Whittaker now calls her Dennis 🤔🤔 Dennis the menace

i know jarad works away for work alot, not sure if it was that or something more

So did her husband, went to a very prestigious school. Their house looks so dirty. I feel sorry for her children, she puts so much about them online and a lot of it, is really negative. She clearly has disdain for the middle child. She is always saying she’s in a funk then the next minute she’s dancing around the beach like some kind of lost balloon, she seems to have genuine mental health issues (which is fine, god don’t we all) but does utterly nothing practical about solving them, just woo woo “I had a muffin and listened to Florence and the machine and now I’m great!”
Yes to all of this. She was also very proud of drinking everyday in her pregnancy with the middle child. His behaviour now isn’t unlike foetal alcohol syndrome. Yet she continues to blame him and pity herself for his behaviour. And never acknowledges maybe she had a hand in it as a result if drinking all that “buttery Chardonnay” she loves so much while he was in utero.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Yes to all of this. She was also very proud of drinking everyday in her pregnancy with the middle child. His behaviour now isn’t unlike foetal alcohol syndrome. Yet she continues to blame him and pity herself for his behaviour. And never acknowledges maybe she had a hand in it as a result if drinking all that “buttery Chardonnay” she loves so much while he was in utero.
Their life seems so all over the place and chaotic when it doesn’t need to be. I have neurodiverse kids and they would be out of control if we lived like that, granted we only see what they choose to share so I might be wrong

Can’t stand her constant moaning and “funks” it’s actually problematic to share that so often as if it’s normal. She has the resources she needs to get help and make changes it’s not healthy to pretend it’s all ok after a dance when other struggling mums are watching

Yeah and she went offline for a while too when it all went down. I assume he cheated but not sure..She def alluded to it being something to do with his behaviour. I thought she said she was going to address it on her patreon but don’t think she did.

But yeah I like her too!

Ooh yes I wonder about what happened with her and the husband! Well ex now
Not a 100% reliable source but from what I've seen/heard her husband was cheating and ended up just leaving one day for the other woman without telling her. Sees the kids very rarely, often bails on his time with the girls, didn't tell them he was having another baby and just general douchebag behaviour.

Last edited:
Lol, Simone trying the classic “my haters, they just need to unfollow me, I like myself, and that’s all that matters.”

Sorry love, but you have an enormous following, and that means that your behavior has an outsize influence on many of the people who watch your stories and consume the life that you portray.

“What matters most, at the end of the day, is if you like yourself.”

Lol. That’s the most useless quote ever. That describes a way of living that is entirely self-oriented and avoids accountability. Maybe what matters most, at the end of the day, is if you are good, and what you are doing is good for others.

Sure, you can be a part of perpetuating a wasteful consumption mode of living for impressionable women who follow you, you can portray crazy unrealistic standards of purchasing (because you aren’t actually declaring what you really spend) causing others to feel they need to “keep up” in order to be a good mother, you can portray completely unrealistic standards of appearance because you always have 3 hours a day for your free f45 and endless sponsored beauty regimes from professionals, you can look like the “perfect mother” who also manages 3 businesses because you hide the fact that you have paid care for your son.

BUT AS LONG AS YOU LIKE YOURSELF nothing else matters?

Reactions: 15
Holy tit did she actually? I don't follow her anymore but did when she was pregnant with the two younger kids, but didn't really watch her stories as I find her super tone deaf about a whole variety of things. No wonder he was such a hard baby, he's probably got all sorts of untreated issues that are being blatantly ignored because they don't fit in with her free *cough*cult*cough* lifestyle.

Ooh yes I wonder about what happened with her and the husband! Well ex now
Apparently he was super abusive, I don't know if there was a physical element but definitely mentally/verbally abusive. Not sure who left who but their relationship was in the ditch before they even got married or had a second kid.

Yeah and she went offline for a while too when it all went down. I assume he cheated but not sure..She def alluded to it being something to do with his behaviour. I thought she said she was going to address it on her patreon but don’t think she did.

But yeah I like her too!
She has addressed it on Patreon in a way. Confirmed they split for a while and basically said he wasn’t mature enough and was selfish and didn’t put the family first. Looks like it’s much better now

She has addressed it on Patreon in a way. Confirmed they split for a while and basically said he wasn’t mature enough and was selfish and didn’t put the family first. Looks like it’s much better now

Ahhh ok! They seem really solid now. They did get together when they were quite young and had kids early so maybe that contributed to him being immature in their relationship etc. Glad they have worked through it, I really like Rebecca. And Aggy is super cute.

Lol, Simone trying the classic “my haters, they just need to unfollow me, I like myself, and that’s all that matters.”

Sorry love, but you have an enormous following, and that means that your behavior has an outsize influence on many of the people who watch your stories and consume the life that you portray.

“What matters most, at the end of the day, is if you like yourself.”

Lol. That’s the most useless quote ever. That describes a way of living that is entirely self-oriented and avoids accountability. Maybe what matters most, at the end of the day, is if you are good, and what you are doing is good for others.

Sure, you can be a part of perpetuating a wasteful consumption mode of living for impressionable women who follow you, you can portray crazy unrealistic standards of purchasing (because you aren’t actually declaring what you really spend) causing others to feel they need to “keep up” in order to be a good mother, you can portray completely unrealistic standards of appearance because you always have 3 hours a day for your free f45 and endless sponsored beauty regimes from professionals, you can look like the “perfect mother” who also manages 3 businesses because you hide the fact that you have paid care for your son.

BUT AS LONG AS YOU LIKE YOURSELF nothing else matters?
Just a small addition to this, perhaps just liking yourself would be fine if you were a normal person who wasn’t seeking a massive audience and to literally “influence” the behavior and lifestyles of others AS YOUR JOB. However, when you actively promote the minutiae of your daily life for consumption by others and charge businesses to promote their products to the audience that your curated and protected life attracts, you can expect some people to pay attention and ask questions about how healthy it is for others.

Like it or not, your public presence is an advertisement (which is what you’ve created and sought) and therefore your Instagram presence actually deserves the scrutiny we apply to other forms of advertising.

Reactions: 15
when Simone had the question box I asked if Asher goes to daycare. I can no longer she her highlights or stories! I can through my dogs account so she has semi blocked me hahah

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
HAHA. I feel like fine, if you don't want kids, don't have them. I want kids, don't have them yet, and do find the mum influencers and culture of everything being about kids pretty annoying, so I followed her. You do almost feel defective in your 30s without kids. But jeez, there's only so many posts you can make to say you don't have or want kids.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.