Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I know right, I’m sorry but… the chin hairs…. Can she not see them 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
This is actually really cruel. I don’t know why anyone has to resort to insulting people’s appearance? I’m all for holding influencers to account for being ridiculous, duplicitous or “woe is me” with all of their free stuff, but I genuinely think comments like this are horrible, and I don’t really want to be part of a forum where it’s ok to mock people for their appearance or make crass comments. That actually is bullying.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

snarkersusie

VIP Member
For the new thread do we keep it simple with New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #3?

Also thanks to all the influencers who had a wah about this site, the thread has never been busier.

Reactions: 38

Simone15

VIP Member
You guys need to lay off Simone and saying she does the same shit every day.
She changed her font this week and it was riveting.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

biscotti22

My tea on Emily Writes is that we went to the same school for a short time. She was a foster kid and always has no lunch and raggedy clothes and one time she had a black eye. I never really talked to her but it was a super small rural school so we all knew about her. She was only there for about six months then disappeared. She just hung out in the library by herself reading. When she was teased a teacher took some of us aside and said “be nice to her she doesn’t have a mum like you do”. I have followed her for a year or so now after another friend from high school told me she’s online and I’m happy to see she’s doing so well. Her upbringing was by the looks of it really bad so I’m pretty impressed she’s written books and stuff. I haven’t read them so I don’t know if they’re good but I guess it’s no surprise she fosters kids now. I like that she keeps it private. I think (just guessing) the reason why she and officially Em stopped talking is probably because they’re very different. Emily talks about politics all the time so I think someone like officially Em who doesn’t think about privilege other than to use it for clout would annoy her. Also she has written in her newsletter about how she doesn’t think influencers who sell their private life on patreon are respecting their families. That is officially Em to a tee. She’s even posted today saying sign up for my patreon to read about sex with a broken hand. But I don’t know the inside story. I do think that marriage won’t last with officially Em always saying in patreon how useless AJ is (my friend subscribes and sends us the most eye rolling stuff). She seems to really not like him. Or maybe it’s just that she just really wants to be insta famous and thinks that’s how you seem relatable.
I feel like this, and her fostering, isn’t really tea, it’s deeply personal stuff that she’s obviously chosen not to share for a reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Totally highly doubt if you watch it as parents you then would choose to put your child in front of it.
At first I was like “wow Simone is finally commenting a bunch today after days of just lurking and reading.

And then it clicked, it’s Tuesday, and Asher’s at daycare! Of course she has more time to comment!

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Ltk

I’ve never seen her preach no TV, but probably don’t follow as closely as you. There is nothing wrong with kids so watching tv just like there is nothing wrong with no TV. Neither is better. What ever suits your family right?
Hi Simone so nice you could join us again.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Somethink less

I feel like this, and her fostering, isn’t really tea, it’s deeply personal stuff that she’s obviously chosen not to share for a reason.
Yeah I think sharing if someone is nice or a bitch in person is one thing but sharing info about seeing Emily with other children and her childhood is crossing a line. She hasn't chosen to share any of that publicly for her own choices/privacy so I don't think we should be discussing that.

Reactions: 24
I know it’s been mentioned before but…
To all the influencers watching this forum,
Just because someone doesn’t like you, or the content you post… it does not mean they’re jealous or have any other deep rooted issue.
Not everyone is going to like you and sometimes people like to have a wee kōrero about things. Much like I’m sure you chat in your wee circle about people you don’t like.
Nothing deeper than that.
And yes Shayden, I’m looking at you.

Reactions: 23

Effluencer

To all the influencers reading here, just stop. Remember that the majority of people here were once your followers/fans, and ask yourself why they feel the need to contribute to forums like this?

I know that moaning about "online bullying" and "trolling" and the effect it has on your mental health gets you great engagement, but stop and think for a minute about the impact your "job" is having on the mental health of your followers too.

You block people if they dare say anything on your platform that doesn't fit your narrative, so why seek out these forums when you're not open to feedback from those who you're so quick to block?

But, if you do insist on reading here, please take the time to read the positive comments too, and maybe take a little time outside the echo chamber you've created to do some self-reflection on what's being said here?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve been reading this thread and the old one but haven’t posted anything yet. All I wanna say is I just absolutely hate influencer culture. These people are just walking talking ads. Just replacing what we used to look at in magazines or watch on tv. They are nothing special. But they act like they are famous and entitled. But the majority of them are just toxic. End rant lol

Reactions: 22
If you find yourself not enjoying the conversation people are having on a page online…UNFOLLOW. Do not sit there consuming posts on Tattle Life that makes you angry, upset, or that offers genuine criticism that you don’t want to hear or respond to. We are not online to serve you…and if you find this conversation doesn’t edify you and cuts a little close to home for you then please do yourself a favour and stop logging in *checks notes* at least 5 times since 6:45 this morning if you find it problematic for your own mental health.

Or, feel free to engage with the critiques and take some helpful tips on how to be more relatable and transparent with your followers…whichever you like!

Just don’t vaguebook through an antibullying post at people who call you out on an online forum that you won’t admit to reading.

Attachments

Reactions: 21

tryharder

VIP Member
@tryhards let’s say you are not Simone. What are your thoughts on how Simone handled the women’s refuge donation debacle. She got proven to have lied about donating all proceeds of her second hand clothing sales. Pretty despicable conduct, no?

Oooo looks like I’ve trigged you hahaha glad I’m always on your mind ;) do you get obsessed with things easily? All clicks now hahaha
Yes. I am very easily trigged. Almost as easily trigged as someone who joins an online forum that’s purely about bitching about influencers but doesn’t spend any time bitching about influencers, just logs in at least 12 times in a day just to defend one particular influencer from criticism.

Can’t wait to see all the Asher content tomorrow now you know people are gonna be watching for it!

• Haha
Yeah if you’re here to make fun of an influencer’s appearance then maybe this isn’t the place for you. I thought the purpose of this thread was to call them out on their behaviour, not to tear them down based on things that actually do make them relatable.

Ewlookatthat

Ah yes. 16 extra sachets of #spon lemon and lime juice, stored neatly away in a #spon storage basket because the perfectly arranged fridge is just too overstuffed with #spon groceries to fit them in.

Such relatable. Much content.
So she has an "eco" cleaning line cause she cares about the environment, and ALSO has a lemon tree with current fruit
But nope gotta have a fuck tonne of lemon juice in packaging that will need to be binned after? Christ

• Angry
Reactions: 20
Simone Anderson - the worst of the worst. Professional parasite. How many times does she need to be investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority before people realise how fake and problematic she is? I reckon there are a lot of inactive accounts, and hate followers making up her numbers. Will keep having kids til she has a girl - because a girl will bring in a lot of new brands. Hope she is keeping some of the revenue from the ads where she exploits her kids, for their counselling sessions when they are older.

Not everyone calling you out on your bullshit Simone is "bullying" you. You mention in one of your latest posts "your job is not to listen to it". But maybe you should. Maybe you should listen to the damage you are doing to your vulnerable followers.

I agree. Especially since l think Lucy may have the wrong person. . .
Yep pretty sure that wasn't Emily. She grew up in Australia and she changed her name to Emily later in life (she has shared this info). Sidenote- if anyone knows her previous name, don't share it as she has chosen not to share it. Also don't share details of any possible foster kids - the kids deserve privacy.

• Heart

Ewlookatthat

If I watch a show on Netflix and I don’t like it, And people mention that show, I say “I didn’t like that show for these reasons….”
I know this is super pretty but I scrolled back to May 20th last year and she didn't post about pink shirt day then... Guess it only matters when it's you being bullied 🤣

• Haha