New Zealand Influencers #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My poor kids. The biggest treat they get it Nutrigrain when camping! No fruit loops in this house. I would rather they ate straight chocolate for breakfast hah
I’d rather my kids are able to eat Fruit Loops without stressing than grow up with some of the f*cked up diet culture bullsh*t that those twins are being exposed to…

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Speaking of profile picture gold.... I have some treats I've been saving in my tattle album if anyone needs a new profile picture.... my personal fave is the Edna one!
The annoying thing about that Edna pic is that she still looks quite good!?? I’d kill for skin like that

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It's not uncommon for the signs of ADHD to present in women after they've had children as they may have been able to mask their symptoms previously but needing to juggle the responsibility of children makes that much harder. I haven't watched her video so don't know if she's been assessed by an actual professional but I wouldn't write it off just because her symptoms appeared after kids.
To be diagnosed with ADHD symptoms have to be present in childhood before the age of 12.

I know there is legit criticism for mooch, but I do feel for them reading this. Not an easy journey to go through.
I don’t think their story actually helps others going through infertility. It is rare that everything goes so well and seamlessly. Unless they’ve experienced loss and unexplained infertility, I don’t think they really get it. Feels attention grabbing and also braggy at the same time imo.

Oh why am I not surprised....and of course had to make a YouTube video out of it.
Seems to be a Christchurch influencer thing lol Kate your mate, Rebecca and now Elle 😅 does Ellie Belly too??
I wonder if they all became influencers due to the ADHD or if they got diagnosed because they’re influencers lol. Oh and skete of course 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
To be diagnosed with ADHD symptoms have to be present in childhood before the age of 12.
I'm well aware of that. However up until fairly recently it wasn't even thought that girls could have ADHD, they just got written off as daydreamers or chatterboxes. And even now many girls are missed because they're very good at picking up on how they're expected to behave and masking their symptoms but that requires a lot of mental effort so becomes a problem when they need to use that brain power for something else. Or they just get diagnosed with anxiety/depression/BPD without looking further into the cause of their symptoms.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Not sure this is quite right. Females can mask the signs of ADHD quite well and often are overlooked as children. They also can become more noticeable as females enter peri menopause and this is why a lot of females mid 30’s/40 often get diagnosed then. She still would have had to pay to get an assessment done on her. ADHD comes in so many different forms. My friend was diagnosed as an adult in her 40’s and I personally wouldn’t have said she had ADHD because we typically relate it to boys who are loud and constantly disruptive. But she had moments where she would have outburst in regards to her mannerisms, was very disorganised etc but in her job was extremely focused. It does show in many different ways.

Reactions: 7
Far out what is Millie (elder Holmes) on about in her stories she’s just going on about nothing 😂

Also this benson detox I’ve had 3 acquaintances do it and loose heaps, I’m keen to see some of those recipes 😂😂

Reactions: 3
I was thinking it’s most likely to be ptsd? She appears to carry a lot of trauma and resentment relating to her childhood and parents, which is unresolved and her relationships with family are unusual. Plus their fertility struggles, and struggles with the medical professions ‘not listening to her’, alongside her need for absolute perfection and control over everything. I’m no Dr , but…..
---
Seems to be a Christchurch influencer thing lol Kate your mate, Rebecca and now Elle 😅 does Ellie Belly too??
I wonder if they all became influencers due to the ADHD or if they got diagnosed because they’re influencers lol. Oh and skete of course 🙄
I can 💯 agree that Rebecca has it 🤣

Reactions: 8
do the kiels live on a road starting with J??
I personally think that where influencers live should be if you know you know type thing where if they overshare and people can recognise and know the place then that’s on the influencer but I don’t think we need to name the actual streets haha

Reactions: 23
I personally think that where influencers live should be if you know you know type thing where if they overshare and people can recognise and know the place then that’s on the influencer but I don’t think we need to name the actual streets haha
I’m not asking anyone to name hence why I just posted the first letter… was a simple yes or no.

Reactions: 5
I'm well aware of that. However up until fairly recently it wasn't even thought that girls could have ADHD, they just got written off as daydreamers or chatterboxes. And even now many girls are missed because they're very good at picking up on how they're expected to behave and masking their symptoms but that requires a lot of mental effort so becomes a problem when they need to use that brain power for something else. Or they just get diagnosed with anxiety/depression/BPD without looking further into the cause of their symptoms.
I have recently been diagnosed and one of the main criteria is that there were signs in childhood. Yes those signs might have been missed at the time but you still have to be able to prove they were there. Some Drs will want statements from e.g. parents or school reports. For example I did "well" academically at school, but everyone of my reports said I talk to much and distrupt others. I could pass exams in high school but could never submit assigments on time (or at all). My point is you will struggle to get a diagnosis of there were no signs in childhood because adhd does not just show up in adulthood, and no matter how much you mask there will have been signs.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.