New Zealand Influencers #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s the thing! Because they’re so OTT and full, as soon as you start getting gaps it’s looks even worse! The upkeep/cost is crazy! …..I really thought people were stepping away from these type of lashes, and going more naturale, but guess not! 🤷‍♀️
They look so silly, my eyes would be watering and red to the max.

Reactions: 5
I think Katie's daughter goes to kindy.

It seems like a pretty big u-turn for Katie to go from always working midwife to SAHM when her daughter is nearly 5, unless her daughter has some health battles or something we don't know about. Going from a busy career to stopping her career to becoming a SAHM at the age where arguably it's easier to work, and homeschooling her daughter? I know it's popular in some circles to wait until kids are a little older to start school. Pretty sure Morgan Edwards did the same thing.
Someone will be able to correct me, I believe kids don’t have to start school until 6 in NZ

and it seems to be quite trending in NZ now to start at 6, from people I know and work with what they’ve done with their kids and other influencers

however I’m curious to know if these kids starting later are starting off on abackfoot and are behind compared to kids at starting at 5

Reactions: 9
I'm confused - I thought DD had sooooo much disposable income from being cHiLdFrEe but she's having to hock off items from her wardrobe for spending money for a short trip to Australia? 🤣
Screenshot_20230803_122126_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Someone will be able to correct me, I believe kids don’t have to start school until 6 in NZ

and it seems to be quite trending in NZ now to start at 6, from people I know and work with what they’ve done with their kids and other influencers

however I’m curious to know if these kids starting later are starting off on abackfoot and are behind compared to kids at starting at 5
Probably getting off topic but no those children do not get behind or on back foot. There can be academic benefits to starting closer to six.

Reactions: 23
I'm confused - I thought DD had sooooo much disposable income from being cHiLdFrEe but she's having to hock off items from her wardrobe for spending money for a short trip to Australia? 🤣
View attachment 2352759
That’s the thing that makes me laugh about ppl saying they’ll be the rich fun aunty..

No one I know that is child free (and I have multiple friends mid 30s choosing this) and they are no better off financially.. or travel more etc. ppl that live lavish child free lives have careers that pay well not part time instagramming haha

Reactions: 17

I work in ECE and my son started school close to 6yrs. Absolutely not disadvantaged.
---
All the influencers who do work with Countdown and talk about how amazing it is blah blah. I don’t think they are the best supermarket and posts like this doesnt help me my lack of trust in influencers. T
3846DE7B-CBBD-479A-9AA2-D0889F6D475F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

I was wondering about this for a different reason.
Since her daughter doesn't legally need to be in education (either school or home school), is there actually a need to home school her for "new entrance"? Like, she could just focus on being a mum and spending time with her daughter if they've made the decision to wait until she's 6 to enter formal schooling.

Reactions: 13
I was wondering about this for a different reason.
Since her daughter doesn't legally need to be in education (either school or home school), is there actually a need to home school her for "new entrance"? Like, she could just focus on being a mum and spending time with her daughter if they've made the decision to wait until she's 6 to enter formal schooling.
Katies daughters birthday is in Oct (it’s a day before or day after my daughters birthday). We didn’t start her at school until the new school year so she didn’t have 6 weeks of school and then holidays (my daughters “quirk” is that she thrives on structure so keeping her in daycare another 3 months made a much easier school adjustment)

Reactions: 10
I personally think that families should be allowed (if not encouraged!) to take time off during the term, whether it be for sickness, rest, or holidays- there is value to all of them. My concern with LFYD’s is that they often spend months and months of the year travelling- to the point where it would definitely negatively impact Frankie to be away from school for that long and have to “catch up.”
Within reason I’ll definitely be taking my kid out of school maybe 1-2 weeks a year for holidays (travelling during school holidays is rough lol) but that’s probably the limit and would do my best to at least be aware of what they’ll be working on while we’re gone

Reactions: 14
OK so MFMs mental breakdown social media break was really just a rebrand exercise, moving away from IG and being a tit mum influencer to Tik Tok and a book reading, beacon for mental health influencer?
The video is ridiculous...'I'm just getting back into reading because I haven't had time with kids'...oh please MFM you have more time than child free Dani Duncan you just couldn't fit in time for books with your Netflix marathons and PlayStation game days.
seriously sort your hair out and sort yourself out. I hate having to comment on you all the time but you just make it so hard not too

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

A close family member of mine is a Registered music teacher and she always said that whether you start them at 5, 6 or 7 most of them are at the same level by 9yo, there’s also a tonne of research confirming that seven is the age kids should be starting academics.

• Heart
OK so MFMs mental breakdown social media break was really just a rebrand exercise, moving away from IG and being a tit mum influencer to Tik Tok and a book reading, beacon for mental health influencer?
The video is ridiculous...'I'm just getting back into reading because I haven't had time with kids'...oh please MFM you have more time than child free Dani Duncan you just couldn't fit in time for books with your Netflix marathons and PlayStation game days.
seriously sort your hair out and sort yourself out. I hate having to comment on you all the time but you just make it so hard not too
I agree 100% with this comment - especially the 'sort your hair out!'

• Haha
Katies daughters birthday is in Oct (it’s a day before or day after my daughters birthday). We didn’t start her at school until the new school year so she didn’t have 6 weeks of school and then holidays (my daughters “quirk” is that she thrives on structure so keeping her in daycare another 3 months made a much easier school adjustment)
My child is early Oct and we started them first day of T4, so much regret we should’ve held off until T1. The class was so big and loud and terrifying for my sensitive kid. An extra term at kindy would’ve done wonders.!

• Heart
In my opinion and this could be seen as a bit mean, but do you think that whatever poor wee Edward has is most likely the same thing Bernadebt herself has ?
Just mentioning this as she is loud and out of control most of the time. I refuse to say unruly ... lol

Her Casarah your kid is clearly having a bad time, he's clingy and grumpy and seeking your attention. Can I suggest his needs are far more important than your need to tell us about Skims underwear and aLL tHe wEIGHt you've lost (we get it, you are skinny now, you remind us every other day)
---
In my opinion and this could be seen as a bit mean, but do you think that whatever poor wee Edward has is most likely the same thing Bernadebt herself has ?
Just mentioning this as she is loud and out of control most of the time. I refuse to say unruly ... lol
#notmeanjusttrue

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Money can't buy happiness. I remember Christian saying when Frankie was a baby Mark couldn't handle it and Christian took Frankie on holiday to the USA alone. I'm actually worried for Mark. He looks like he hates his life.
I think the reality of having to finally parent the children has set in.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Is she on anti-depressants? Does anyone know?
---

She’s also normalising her behaviour and potentially stopping others from getting real help :(

She is on anti depressants. But obviously needing a revisit on their management plan as it wasn’t enough.

Thought marnz had a knitted bikini on at first glance. Also getting Patrick vibes.
Gahhhh!!! Leave Patrick Star alone hahahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.