Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
MFM, I couldn't be happier to see that you're taking a step back from social media and getting a GP referral for a psychiatrist and really giving your mental health your primary focus and energy. BRAVO! The growth, we love to see it.

Hoping you see how little social media actually matters at the end of the day, and how much joy your whanau and community can offer when you're in the head space to embrace normal life fully.

All the best, from this TC commenter.

• Heart
Reactions: 54

heretolurklolzz

Unpopular opinion, I like seeing MUM influencers having a messyish house. It makes me feel so shit as a mum seeing people with perfect houses all the time lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Notice that MFM posted to say she is being “held up” by family, her doctor and Phil.
interesting that she didn’t mention friends.
That’s sad but I had assumed she lost her friendships lately which may have either pushed her to this brakeing point or happened because of her current low. I hope she is ok but maybe this is the turning point she needed to reassess what she is doing in her life
Having been through severe depression (although mine was postnatal and I actually made a real effort to help myself and got professional help for the sake of my kids) honestly it wouldn’t surprise me at all if her friends distanced themselves.

I have noticed since I’ve spoken about having pnd I’m almost treated like a leper by people. Damaged goods. Too scary to be around me in case I “snap” (whatever that means 😂). Maybe too hard work in their eyes I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️ but the friends I had before I said anything about how I was feeling have all vanished as soon as I brought it up.

I had a really good friend that confided in me a lot regarding her mental health and what was going on in her life, but when I reached out on a particularly bad day when I wasn’t coping and didn’t know what to do her reply was very dismissive and I haven’t heard from her since.

So although I’m sure Maria has had a big part in her friendships falling out, I also know from experience that when you have mental health issues you don’t automatically have support. And because Maria has let it go on for too long before helping herself she has probably been well and truly left behind by those who no doubt post on their stories to “reach out, I’m here for you” every mental health awareness opportunity that they get but that’s as far as they go with that offer.

It’s one thing to say you’ll be there for people and another thing to ACTUALLY be there for people going through a tough time.
It’s a certain kind of person who backs up their offer when everyone else is just looking for head pats.

I actually just feel sorry for Maria and I wish she would follow through and take the time to get the help she needs.
You have to REALLY want to help yourself in order to get better.
Nobody will fix you it’s all up to you to seek out what you need and then actually put the work in.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39

tryharder

VIP Member
“It’s not anyone’s place to comment on her recovery or how she’s doing it” It’s this line for me. MFM is enraged at the ✨audacity ✨ of people commenting on her mental health, yet she makes a whole damn tiktok about some person she doesn’t know commenting on their mental health recovery and how they do it. And I quote: “get offline and take their shit elsewhere”. You’re kidding right Maria?!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

alotofpeopleareasking

Chatty Member
New thread. Someone do a recap - maybe I’ll give it a go
---
MFM - still unhappy , overwhelmed and in therapy. But 3 walks will cure all. Phil still doing everything and kids wearing size 4 clothing. Doesn’t know what’s happening in the world unless she can gain kudos for being so empathetic.
Bernadebt - loves her dog more than her kids. Still tears her kids like shit. Has conned two men in America to get her on tv. No one knows if her staff got paid. Will charge your $145 to make fudge. Ramen noodle hair before water added. Looking like jack nicholson as the joker
Louise Morley - lip pouts, hand waving. Spending money when she says she has none. Trying to make her girl social media stars.
Encult - still calling her kids D’s. Cat has diarrhoea. Husband does nothing apparently. Scamming people on how to post on instagram. Always resting with her ‘monthly’ and bleating about her cycle. Doesn’t spell check but corrects kids who make mistakes and thinks she’s saving the world.
LFYD’s - always on holiday. Always an ad. Always performing. Never parenting the kids
Rebecca Kiejl - spends life at McDonald’s. Does shot ads for free nappies she doesn’t regularly use of buy
Elle herself - high user at after hours surgery. Still exploiting kids. Loves to spread germs. Obsessive around weight. Can move from a traumatic story to fake tan seamlessly.
Cherie pepper and me - Good food. Still has sick mates and we can’t figure out why. We just watch for her recipes and cute son
Holly May - where even is she?
Fianu- door dashing and who even knows
Just Jess - still boring as fuck and doesn’t deserve her own thread
Simmo - ego can’t fit here and still scamming and fresh sheeting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
I didn’t read it as tongue in cheek, but even if it was, making a lol out of fucking diabetes is poor form. And no wonder Emily would post about that, since it’s her lived reality and old love Skete over here is making a sarcastic point about it. She can get in the fuckjng bin. Keep defending these cunts though, it’s what ya do.
Emily gave you a shoutout on her stories 😂👍 you’re 100% right too

Skete can get lost and so can anyone who thinks she is “tongue in cheek”, she’s not. She’s a twat.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

stanleycupgal

VIP Member
OK so MFMs mental breakdown social media break was really just a rebrand exercise, moving away from IG and being a shit mum influencer to Tik Tok and a book reading, beacon for mental health influencer?
The video is ridiculous...'I'm just getting back into reading because I haven't had time with kids'...oh please MFM you have more time than child free Dani Duncan you just couldn't fit in time for books with your Netflix marathons and PlayStation game days.
seriously sort your hair out and sort yourself out. I hate having to comment on you all the time but you just make it so hard not too

• Haha
  • Heart

kiwigal258

Chatty Member
Omg Jayjay you tight arse, get up and go get your own wrap, or make it yourself. What's next, complaining that lollies at the movies are expensive.

• Haha

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
I’d like an update on our boujie bestie too! Don’t follow but kinda interested. It’s a shame her and Scammo got moved!
Well, she has had to cancel her upcoming Queenstown holiday coz of drama at work and she’s got a job ad up for a new baker so that might be the issue 😂😂 we hope it’s Brittany because she’s the real talent there and she’s changed her Insta bio to no longer say “boujee baker”

It looks like Jess might have to do a few shifts herself for once, even though she gets zero days off! Hard life! We learned from the job ad that she underpays her staff and requires long hours, but hilariously doesn’t start til 5am. She also does casual contracts, which might be why her staff can suddenly ditch her.

Saw regular examples of narcissism and poor hygiene practices. She’s still hinting for a wardrobe fit out and new deck at home. She forgot/didn’t know about world donut day, and she’s currently sinking her money into new premises that are ill-suited and nowhere near ready for purpose so that’s going to be fun. Oh, and she claims to not have seen the email with the invite to the Barbie premiere but we reckon she didn’t get one. 😂

It’s a slow thread but extremely funny. Add it to your watch list and drop in once a week, it’s worth it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

stanleycupgal

VIP Member
Why in gods name is Maria on TT defending / discussing someone she doesn't know, advising on mental health and responding to people.
She is in the worst place she's ever been in her life mentally and supposedly focusing on sorting herself out, yet here she still is, on social media, getting involved in stuff she really has no need to get involved in. Not your monkeys and not your circus Maria. She really is spiralling and thinks this sort of thing is normal?
Go be with your kids, your counsellor, on a walk or whatever Maria. Just get off TT

Reactions: 33

Bluntastitganache

VIP Member
How gross is this!?! I want to leave but actually find it quite an informative and helpful group.
I hate things like this because you don't know how bad the need really is.
FOR EXAMPLE - When Bernadebt finally told everyone that her cafe was in receivership I felt conned because she was going on and on about money worries etc BUT then the same week she went out and got BOTOX and said "but my husband earns a salary"
That's when I knew she was the biggest moron in the world.

Also, just read that the woman who is begging y'all to buy her Nutrimetics is going on a 5-star trip to Spain.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 31

happysmellybelly

Elle wondering why she finds things harder than other Mums, for example, preschool drop off.

Probably because most of us don't set up a phone and tripod to film the process? We don't have six prams and six nappy bags for a walk? We don't cook 3 different dinners for our children and us? Elle just makes everything hard for herself.
I can just imagine it now "Roo! Look at the camera! Revie! Smile! Right, the atmosphere isn't there. Let's take it from the top."

Imagine being in After Hours with your kid and setting up the phone and tripod. Does she make the twins do another take if the first one isn't good? "Look, Roo, I know you're vomiting but this take didn't quite capture Mummy's pretend sad face and bad American accent, so we'll need to try it again."

Last edited:
  • Haha

magnoliab*tchin

Chatty Member
Skete if you’re reading here, it’s time to acknowledge that you’re done. You’ve had your moment, off you pop back to your photography business. You’ve really not added much value with your efforts. In fact I think you’ve already realised this yourself. Stop flogging that dead horse, girlfriend.

happysmellybelly

1. I think Marnie is incredibly selfish bringing a child in to the world based on "intuition" and no fucking medical advice. What is she develops pre-eclampsia? Lower fetal movements? I had a great "normal" pregnancy with a body made to birth, but if I hadn't been in a hospital with a midwife and doctors, I would have had a dead child. That wasn't my body or intuition- it was a common birth complication. Thankfully, we were able to quickly respond so the child was able to live. Had I birthed alone, I would have birthed a dead child (and I've birthed a dead child before too). So I'm feeling a little angry at Marnie's selfishness for her unborn child and her other children. You don't know what will go wrong with birth. And if it goes well, ti's dumb luck. And I hope it does, because obviously nobody wants the worst case scenario, even for someone as stupid as Marnie.

2. I really feel for Jana. Every time I think about it, I tear up. I asked her if she needs more donations and she said no. I think it's the end for Hamish. And as a Mum with similarly aged children, I just can't imagine and am heartbroken for her, Hamish and their family.

3. LFYD needs to consider the safety of his home. It's not cute if your kid takes Quickeze. It's not cute if your kid is sneeky. Also, when does he start primary school?! I assumed at the start of this term, but it looks like they're swanning off to Bali and then another trip so maybe he'll be older when he starts. Or Maybe Christian likes the longer daycare hours. #gooddad

4. Maybe preschool drop off would be easier for Elle if she didn't have to set up her phone and stand in the boot of her car. Put the bags on your back and hold your two kids' hands like everyone else does. I saw a Mum wrangle 5 kids in to the local daycare the other day. 5 bags, 5 kids... and no phone in sight!

• Heart
Reactions: 30