New Zealand Chat Off-topic #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there a lot of burglary/car theft in Christchurch? I’m moving there from the UK and when I’ve been researching areas to live, I’m always surprised by one or two people in the Reddit thread or wherever chiming in with a casual “Oh it’s ok around there but I’ve been burgled twice/had my car stolen outside the supermarket there” They say it so casually as if it’s an everyday occurrence! I know there have been problems with kids stealing cars for ram raids.

The crime rate in general is lower than where I am in the UK so I’m surprised by the number of mentions (I get that no one posts to say “Hi just wanted to let you know I’ve never been burgled before. Bye!”) of these crimes and how blasé people seem to be about it happening.
My husband is a cop in Christchurch. He said it’s always been about the same however don’t buy an aqua, demio or a tiida they are the most stolen cars. I think it’s always going to be everywhere so just be careful! What area are you looking at?

Reactions: 2
My husband is a cop in Christchurch. He said it’s always been about the same however don’t buy an aqua, demio or a tiida they are the most stolen cars. I think it’s always going to be everywhere so just be careful! What area are you looking at?
I think more the north, west, and south - I keep reading about Linwood and Aranui being not so great. It’s hard to get a feel for somewhere on Street View though and just through reading so I’m not discounting too many places. I’ll be commuting into the city centre out of rush hour times so I’m thinking I can live a little further out and not get stuck in crazy traffic.

Reactions: 1
I think more the north, west, and south - I keep reading about Linwood and Aranui being not so great. It’s hard to get a feel for somewhere on Street View though and just through reading so I’m not discounting too many places. I’ll be commuting into the city centre out of rush hour times so I’m thinking I can live a little further out and not get stuck in crazy traffic.
North and West have some lovely areas, have lived in many great safe suburbs in those areas 😀

I love Christchurch and would love to move back some day! It’s a great wee city with everything just a drive away, lots of places to walk, and it’s not too far to travel for skiing or getaways because it’s so central.
Crime is everywhere unfortunately but I don’t think there’s more crime in chch than anywhere else.

Gelous girlies, is the nail primer worth it? The ingredients list reads as if it’s just nail polish remover.

Gelous girlies, is the nail primer worth it? The ingredients list reads as if it’s just nail polish remover.
I haven’t brought it! I just use builder gel, base coat or rubber base coat.
I’d be interested to see if it is better though

Recommendations for restless legs? Please don’t just say magnesium but tell me a really good product. I have always had restless legs but lately it’s got worse. I’m waking up tomorrow more and even while awake my legs are sore and restless. I do weights and notice it more when it’s a squat day! It’s now interfering with my sleep!
Sorry late to reply! But health 2000 recommended this to me when I was pregnant and omg it was life changing! https://www.health2000.co.nz/restless-legs-relief couple sprays under my tongue and it would go away. I also slept with an acupressure mat under my feet on really bad nights

Thanks for the reassurance. I figured it was a case of nobody will comment on all the times nothing happened to them, they’ll only mention times something out of the ordinary happened. They all just seemed so laid back about it!
I lived in mostly student areas near the university. It was pretty safe and we only had a couple of opportunist thefts which people target student flat areas cos they are more loose with security. What area are you looking to move to?

Sorry late to reply! But health 2000 recommended this to me when I was pregnant and omg it was life changing! https://www.health2000.co.nz/restless-legs-relief couple sprays under my tongue and it would go away. I also slept with an acupressure mat under my feet on really bad nights
Thank you. I grabbed some magnesium sleep drops but will also grab this. I am up nearly every night for a good 1-2 hours battling it. I’m at that point I’ve even changed my whole diet to see if that helps!

• Sad
Re: Christchurch - The last two Summers (December) have been tres crap (here in Central North Island) and I said to my husband I am spending next Summer in Christchurch, because there has been no issues there !!

Re: Christchurch - The last two Summers (December) have been tres crap (here in Central North Island) and I said to my husband I am spending next Summer in Christchurch, because there has been no issues there !!
It has been so good here mostly every afternoon is just sun ☀

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.