New Zealand Chat Off-topic #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going to Bali next week. Have done heaps of researching and watching tictoks. I am most looking forward to Ubud. The things to do around there look fantastic
I might have to crack and get on Tik Tok 😅

The drivers are one of the best parts of Bali! They’re so cool!!
---

Haha! We’ve done a month in Thailand, a month in Cambodia which is our highlight so far and got to Vietnam a week ago, the food here is my favourite so far. Plan to do Laos, northern Thailand and hopefully Malaysia/bali on our way home if we don’t run out of money/aren’t over it by then.

We have two kids so doing it slowly but learning lots on the way. Often it’s fabulous, some days it’s a drag and I don’t know wtf we were thinking. Our youngest is a terrrrrible sleeper and being somewhere else with lack of routine is hard.
Love Vietnamese food! What an amazing sounding trip. We are trying to do Japan, South Korea and Bali. We have four weeks so longer in Japan doing more exploring, maybe 5-7 days in Korea and Bali is probably going to be ~4-5 days at the end just to chill out after all the cities and moving around in the other places.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I might have to crack and get on Tik Tok 😅

Love Vietnamese food! What an amazing sounding trip. We are trying to do Japan, South Korea and Bali. We have four weeks so longer in Japan doing more exploring, maybe 5-7 days in Korea and Bali is probably going to be ~4-5 days at the end just to chill out after all the cities and moving around in the other places.
I’d looooove to do Japan and Korea but that is def not in the budget for this trip! A bucket list destination for me, for sure! Bali will be a nice, chill finisher!!

Shut up are they?! Lol “back in my day they were $3.99” 🤣👵
They were about $5 when I was a kid AND they had really cool toys!
I bought one for my kids a couple of weeks ago and they were crappy puzzles or cards or something (or both) of sonic the hedgehog and my toddler wanted nothing to do with them.
When I was a kid, mum and dad actually got peace and quiet because we were busy playing with our cool new toys 😂

Reactions: 2
I bought one for my kids a couple of weeks ago and they were crappy puzzles or cards or something (or both) of sonic the hedgehog and my toddler wanted nothing to do with them.
When I was a kid, mum and dad actually got peace and quiet because we were busy playing with our cool new toys 😂
My nephews are playing with the ones we got as kids

even our 35+ year old fisher price toys are still going hard and they’re beyond thrashed

My nephews are playing with the ones we got as kids

even our 35+ year old fisher price toys are still going hard and they’re beyond thrashed
I wish you could still buy stuff like that!
In my last town there was a kids shop which sold quality toys but they were $100+ and unaffordable for the majority.
I try buy second hand but it all gets snapped up so quick. They definitely don’t make toys like they used to.

Reactions: 1
A friend of mine’s dad collects all the McDs toys and has his MASSIVE collection all housed in glass cabinets it’s so cool! I love going and looking at all the old ones we had as kids. SO much better than the crap they bring out “these days” in the “Sad Meals”!

Reactions: 4
I was at work and opened my
Phone and just about threw it. Such a strange photo to post they are not even close to being similar

• Haha
It’s not come across my desk yet (🤞🏻) and you guys are doing a really great job of making me NOT want to go find it! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.