New Zealand Chat Off-topic #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would you consider a period cup or anything similar for her? Maybe not now while she’s still so young, but in her teens?
I wish I had discovered one when I first got my period (although I got mine at 11 so definitely wouldn’t have been keen to stick anything “up there”!). Having a cup was life changing for me.
Nobody knew it was there, I could wear what I wanted, I could swim, I could dance, I didn’t worry that anyone could see anything through my clothes 🙌🏼
Mine is 12 and just got hers. It must be fairly heavy as she says the period undies don’t work. I’ll have to see if I can find some better absorbency ones. She is very athletic so doesn’t like the idea of being slowed down and wears Nike pros a lot which bulky pads would show. I’ve suggested tampons or a moon cup but she’s not into that yet.

Reactions: 1
She will definitely have a cup when she can but they recommend them from about the age of 15-16 onwards.

I like the Bonds period undies. I tried AWWA and didn't find them comfortable, this was a few years ago so they may have changed since then. But Bonds are very comfortable!
I had issues with cups, I tried two different brands but I kept getting thrush. Experts say cups can't cause thrush so I dunno but it kept happening and I was over it. I was quite disappointed cos I enjoyed how comfortable they were, especially for sleeping!

I'm a big fan of Love Luna underwear, I've tried Bonds, Awwa and U by Kotex and Love Luna have been the best by far.
I'm the biggest fan of my Mirena though lol

I got thrush from my period cup, they were relatively new to the market and I took it to show my doc and he was horrified lol.

If anyone wants to know how to cook a roast chicken in an air fryer KB posted and asked how yesterday and you will all be thrilled she has posted an update that it was really good and juicy 10/10

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If anyone wants to know how to cook a roast chicken in an air fryer KB posted and asked how yesterday and you will all be thrilled she has posted an update that it was really good and juicy 10/10
Ok so I think I’m the only person ever who does NOT have the “air fryer fever” but ok so it still takes 55 minutes to cook and if you’re making a roast surely you’re doing roastie veggies too (which won’t fit in there at the same time) so what is the point?? Why not just use the oven? Takes the same time and you can fit so much more??
…I dunno I don’t get it lol I love my oven 🤷‍♀️😂

Reactions: 5
Has anyone been on duromine? I know it has a rep of making people batty as it’s effectively speed, but I heard taking it really early in the morning countered that?
Someone mentioned dark thoughts on whatever they were taking and that didn’t even occur to me as a weight loss supplement 😬

Reactions: 2
Has anyone been on duromine? I know it has a rep of making people batty as it’s effectively speed, but I heard taking it really early in the morning countered that?
Someone mentioned dark thoughts on whatever they were taking and that didn’t even occur to me as a weight loss supplement 😬
Yup, bought totally legally 🥴 from the States years ago during a dark time in my life… 1000% DO NOT recommend!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I know someone that took it and the hemorrhoids were out of control. Still not 100% 6 months later.
She was gutted to give it up, she's a stubborn person but even she couldn't deal with the side effects

• Wow
Me too! I’m starting contrave this week and it’s all very interesting to hear people’s actual experiences
Let me know if you get jaw clenching that’s something I had

wondered why I was getting headaches and sore jaw

there’s also an Aussie nz fb group for it

not overly active tho and mainly new people asking how much did you lose

It quieted the food noise in my head. Stopped thinking about what I wanted to eat next.
---
I know someone that took it and the hemorrhoids were out of control. Still not 100% 6 months later.
She was gutted to give it up, she's a stubborn person but even she couldn't deal with the side effects
If it wasn’t duromine it was another one that was big at a similar time

friend took it and had diarrhea the whole time that was bright orange, it permanently stained their towel bowl

in in fits remembering her telling me about it 🤣🤣

no she was consuming nothing orange

and she was awake for 7 days straight

• Wow
I had a script that I never filled after trying it a few times (leftover from a friend). I mean I didn’t eat so it works but I also couldn’t sleep and it reminded me of a time in my life where I had more than enough of that carry on so I stopped taking it. People refer to it as meth but no, you don’t get the high, you just can’t sleep and crash n burn. In my experience anyway.

I sit around 107kgs and I would like to lose some weight but I'm also pretty happy and confident in my! I’d just like to wear different outfits tbh 😅

I also love food! I love cooking for my family and I love going out for good food! And I want to continue to enjoy good food! I do know that I am a boredom/emotional eater tho 😫 I guess there needs to be a balance. I always wonder when people say to work on the mental aspect of eating habits etc how the duck that’d even work for me. It’s a real mind duck!!

I’m going to look more into ozempic lol

I had a script that I never filled after trying it a few times (leftover from a friend). I mean I didn’t eat so it works but I also couldn’t sleep and it reminded me of a time in my life where I had more than enough of that carry on so I stopped taking it. People refer to it as meth but no, you don’t get the high, you just can’t sleep and crash n burn. In my experience anyway.

I sit around 107kgs and I would like to lose some weight but I'm also pretty happy and confident in my! I’d just like to wear different outfits tbh 😅

I also love food! I love cooking for my family and I love going out for good food! And I want to continue to enjoy good food! I do know that I am a boredom/emotional eater tho 😫 I guess there needs to be a balance. I always wonder when people say to work on the mental aspect of eating habits etc how the duck that’d even work for me. It’s a real mind duck!!

I wish they had it here

I sit at 105, go to the gym, eat mostly good , I am 49 and can't get the weight to shift. We don't have Ozempic in Nz but we have saxenda which is similar. And contrave. I looked at both and looked at possible side effects. I just want to lose about 15kg to feel a bit better about myself. Seeing the DR tomorrow to suss out what I can take.

Reactions: 2
I’m on duromine currently. I have lipoedema and my dr originally had me on metformin but it didn’t make much difference. I tried saxenda but it gave me (TMI sorry) explosive diarrhoea every time I ate. I did lose weight on it and some cm from my arms, which is a big problem for me (legs are also bad but I’m not as self conscious about them). Duromine hasn’t made me crazy or affected my sleep too much. I drink a lot more water now and chew gum or have mints cos I get a yuck taste in my mouth. I have lost weight and cm and it’s cheaper than saxenda.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that I don’t think you can judge your weight based on whether your undies are tight or loose.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.