New Zealand Chat Off-topic #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry your friends have been made redundant, hope she took every damn cent that she could

now that they make us keep our leave balances low (might be just certain depts, not just us) if you leave you don’t have that cushy holiday payout anymore

im questioning why im here, seems like the grass isn’t greener at the other ones 😅
My one gave everyone two extra weeks leave, but also made you keep your leave balances low. Then they scratched their heads when people got overwhelmed with the workload because everyone was taking all this extra leave, but no additional staff were hired to account for it and keep the work going while people were gone…..

On another note can anyone recommend cool gifts for the following. Looking to spend around $50 per kid, but want to get them something other than just plastic toys that they will discard quickly.

Girl - 5: loves animals
Boy - 3: loves cartoons like Batman and superheroes
Boy - Almost 3: loves trucks and diggers
Girl - Almost 1: struggling with this one

All 4 love being outside and playing in water as well so could also be swayed to go down that route if anyone knows of anything cool.

My one gave everyone two extra weeks leave, but also made you keep your leave balances low. Then they scratched their heads when people got overwhelmed with the workload because everyone was taking all this extra leave, but no additional staff were hired to account for it and keep the work going while people were gone…..

On another note can anyone recommend cool gifts for the following. Looking to spend around $50 per kid, but want to get them something other than just plastic toys that they will discard quickly.

All 4 love being outside and playing in water as well so could also be swayed to go down that route if anyone knows of anything cool.
I would suggest books for all of them. We love getting books, they last a long time and as less 'junky' than toys. Also way less space to store which I always take into account because if every person buys the kids a toy or similar the parents then need to work out where to store it all. For the older kids, Bear and Moo have a brand called Tiger Tribe that do awesome activity kits- there's a how-to-draw animals kit that would suit the 5-year-old.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

What about one of those big splash blobs I think they’re called? They look like lots of fun.

Or an experience to enjoy together such as splash planet if you have something similar local?

My 3yo got a ride on battery powered digger and it’s annoying af but he loves it soooo much. I hate to recommend it but it’s probably the most played with toy in our house 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Trucks and diggers you can get some really cool ones from kmart

My nephew loves them

there’s also a really neat range of wooden stuff for little ones like the 1 year old
---
I love the books suggestion, good night digger is a huge hit with the nephew who’s 3

tho he’s has it since 1 🤣 the obsession has been around that long

I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this but I figured I’d give it a go 😂 does anyone know if the ‘elf on the shelf’ elves will go on sale anywhere after Christmas? I’m planning on starting it with my son next year and wondering if we should try find one for cheap this year

I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this but I figured I’d give it a go 😂 does anyone know if the ‘elf on the shelf’ elves will go on sale anywhere after Christmas? I’m planning on starting it with my son next year and wondering if we should try find one for cheap this year
I’ve not noticed him on a decent sale

we got ours off flybys many moons ago 🤣

We have the original that came in the box $50 from Kmart but last year brought 2 $2 shop ones and they’re SO MUCH BETTER! They have the wire in them so you can actually manipulate them into positions and place.

What are your favourite Pepper and Me products? Keen to give some a try but can’t be bothered clicking into every item to read the descriptions.
Funky product naming but a pain if you don’t know what you are looking for!

Reactions: 2
What are your favourite Pepper and Me products? Keen to give some a try but can’t be bothered clicking into every item to read the descriptions.
I have tried pretty much everything haha. I’d get a set. The pastes are good. Our top products are
Tandoori paste
Blow my coals
Dude ranch
Goan to Bombay

I have tried pretty much everything haha. I’d get a set. The pastes are good. Our top products are
Tandoori paste
Blow my coals
Dude ranch
Goan to Bombay
To add to this, if you’re into a bit of heat, Hot Nuts and Sesh Oil are excellent also

The Salt & Vinegar type salt in the advent calendar today sounds pretty yummy!

Man grind is great for everything. All the pastes are so versatile as is dude ranch. I also love Italian flavours so the Italian Stallion is well used in our house.

Reactions: 3
I’d like to try the sauces/pastes.
Do you guys think the salts are worth it? I always feel like with those seasoning mixes I could just make them myself from my herbs & spice drawer! 😂

Reactions: 2
I love man grind
---
I’d like to try the sauces/pastes.
Do you guys think the salts are worth it? I always feel like with those seasoning mixes I could just make them myself from my herbs & spice drawer! 😂
Tbh you probably could! I like the tandoori paste I use the recipe off the pepper and me club to make their butter chicken and I really like it

I love man grind
---

Tbh you probably could! I like the tandoori paste I use the recipe off the pepper and me club to make their butter chicken and I really like it
Oh yea I forget about the club!
They really do have their heads screwed on in terms of multiple income streams hey!

Reactions: 3
Man rub is a favourite here. It has a kind of smoky bbq flavour to it. I put it on meats, in stews, and put it in Mac n Cheese the other night 👌🏼 it was really good.
I also put man grind in everything. You can make it all yourself but something about theirs hits different.
I haven’t tried much else tbh! I wanted to get the ham glaze but missed out. Boo.