New Zealand Chat Off-topic #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you in auckland? The Macmurray centre prescribe Saxenda which is really effective
Christchurch unfortunately šŸ˜¢
---
Yes itā€™s prescribed

Your GP is a wanker, tbh change

Thereā€™s also another one thatā€™s an injection starts with s and the names escaped me
---

Couple of friends who have had it say itā€™s not worth it

Itā€™s a version of speed and was absolutely shocking with the side effects
My doctor was like Iā€™m more worried about your mental health and I was like ffs Iā€™m crying because you wonā€™t do anything and my weight is effecting my mental health šŸ¤¬

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Christchurch unfortunately šŸ˜¢
---

My doctor was like Iā€™m more worried about your mental health and I was like ffs Iā€™m crying because you wonā€™t do anything and my weight is effecting my mental health šŸ¤¬
I donā€™t grasp why some are GPs and donā€™t want to look at their patient and help

Itā€™s like theyā€™re jaded with it all, which should be time to realise you need to move on

Reactions: 2
So off topic (irony) but has anyone else invested themselves into finding information on the baby Ru case? It sadly seems like another tight-lipped don't speak no evidence get out of jail free card. Infuriating!
I think of this case randomly during the day but had to stop as I was getting so, so wound up by it. It really triggered so much frustration and anger in me. God itā€™s infuriating.
---
Bbox are amazing! 11/10 recommend. I bought one for each of my kids (5 & 9) this term and got rid of the collection of Sistema ones that were never quite the right size. The sealed compartments keep things crunchy/ fresh and they fit a whole medium apple or pear in the compartment with a silicone lid as it stretches around the fruit šŸ˜Š
Perfect! That sounds ideal! I will add this to my sonā€™s Christmas stuff - thank you!
---
On the topic of weight loss drugs I did get a sub for duromine prior to my breast reduction. I never fulfilled it but did have a weeks worth from a friend which I trialled.

The lower strength I found fine - slept well, could eat but didnā€™t overindulge, no issues with fatigue or energy.

Then I had about 4 days of the higher dose and man I really struggled to sleep but also didnā€™t get the energy boost I hear about - so was left very tired and low energy. I did lose like 5kg that week but donā€™t know if it was worth how tired I felt.

I do wonder if it balances out if you were taking them regularly and not just a random week. I want to try fasting again.

Last edited:
Contrave is pills isnā€™t it? Does anyone know of any places in Auckland that would prescribe it?
im not keen on saxenda due to the injecting.
also not keen on duromine, have had that in the past many years ago, and have also had genuine speed many years ago too and yes very similar lol donā€™t want that sorta feeling anymore.

Reactions: 1
Contrave is pills isnā€™t it? Does anyone know of any places in Auckland that would prescribe it?
im not keen on saxenda due to the injecting.
also not keen on duromine, have had that in the past many years ago, and have also had genuine speed many years ago too and yes very similar lol donā€™t want that sorta feeling anymore.
Yes itā€™s pills

I think thereā€™s a clinic mentioned in another post that does, is it Ashley weight management or something

Thanks, Iā€™m pretty put off from what Iā€™ve heard so far haha. Would love to hear your thoughts too though?
My friend took it.
Worst hemorrhoids ever. Looked like a crime scene in the toilet. Couldn't sit down, tears streaming down her face at work. Even after stopping the pills she still was in agony for another fortnight doing #2s
Wasn't worth it, it was torture

• Wow
Reactions: 4
My friend took it.
Worst hemorrhoids ever. Looked like a crime scene in the toilet. Couldn't sit down, tears streaming down her face at work. Even after stopping the pills she still was in agony for another fortnight doing #2s
Wasn't worth it, it was torture
Mmmm same here!
Severe severe abdominal pain and tmi bleeding šŸ˜¬
Fainting all the time, dizziness and vertigo.
Constant nausea.
Lost weight, sure but thatā€™s because my appetite was suppressed and anything I did eat went straight through or I couldnā€™t keep it down in the first place!

Obviously this isnā€™t everyoneā€™s experience and I WILL say though, I was not in a position of needing to lose weight AT ALL, so absolutely should not have been prescribed it!

• Sad
Correct

a little shocked considering the profile turnover

and no more Xmas gifts going forward
Doesnā€™t surprise me. Former Banker here for the dark blue one, but left about a year ago so have seen how ā€œtightā€ they can be. Is it one of the big four?

• Wow
Doesnā€™t surprise me. Former Banker here for the dark blue one, but left about a year ago so have seen how ā€œtightā€ they can be. Is it one of the big four?
It is a big four not dark blue tho lol

our bonus system went a couple of years ago. Technically built it into our pay, but at the time our pay were actually behind the market average

pretended to bring us up to the level of everyone else, but did it in a way to not cost them extra

Just shocked thattheyve got rid of this all together too

lol so I wonā€™t look around at dark blue for jobs

im a couple of decades deep career wise so
I have a lot to compare it to

our bonus system went a couple of years ago. Technically built it into our pay, but at the time our pay were actually behind the market average

pretended to bring us up to the level of everyone else, but did it in a way to not cost them extra

Itā€™s absurd to me that bleeping BANKS claim to be too skint to pay bonuses to workers. Obscene.

Reactions: 9

im a couple of decades deep career wise so
I have a lot to compare it to
Fark if itā€™s the other blue bank this sounds very very similar to the one I was at.

Last edited:
Yellow and black is mine šŸ¤£
---

Itā€™s not sitting great with most of us
Good to know they went through the same exercise my former one did šŸ˜‚

Honestly I was terrified to leave as Iā€™d worked for them since graduating, but loving working for a smaller firm (of course totally dependent on your skill set) the only thing I miss are the staff interest rates. Although I hear they arenā€™t that great anymore anyway.

Good to know they went through the same exercise my former one did šŸ˜‚

Honestly I was terrified to leave as Iā€™d worked for them since graduating, but loving working for a smaller firm (of course totally dependent on your skill set) the only thing I miss are the staff interest rates. Although I hear they arenā€™t that great anymore anyway.
Youā€™re on the money there

they arenā€™t what they were šŸ¤£

Yellow and black is mine šŸ¤£
---

Itā€™s not sitting great with most of us
Thatā€™s terrible, I know a few people who were also made redundant from your bank. My sister in law also works there not made redundant tho luckily for her. What a dick move from them, Iā€™ve been a customer all my life but we have our relationship finances with another bank.

• Sad
Thatā€™s terrible, I know a few people who were also made redundant from your bank. My sister in law also works there not made redundant tho luckily for her. What a dick move from them, Iā€™ve been a customer all my life but we have our relationship finances with another bank.
Iā€™m sorry your friends have been made redundant, hope she took every damn cent that she could

now that they make us keep our leave balances low (might be just certain depts, not just us) if you leave you donā€™t have that cushy holiday payout anymore

im questioning why im here, seems like the grass isnā€™t greener at the other ones šŸ˜…