New Zealand Chat Off-topic #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I looked into it when it first happened and it made me so angry I haven’t looked since.
If nobody talks then everyone present should be sent to prison until one of them DOES talk.
So tired of these people hurting and murdering babies and getting away with it.
I still struggle with them (the articles and stories) after lilybug or lily bean and the kahui twins

Reactions: 1
I looked into it when it first happened and it made me so angry I haven’t looked since.
If nobody talks then everyone present should be sent to prison until one of them DOES talk.
So tired of these people hurting and murdering babies and getting away with it.
I just don’t get what kind of people hide and lie for the people who killed an innocent baby.
It’s just all messed up but I really hope the the police find out who did it.

Reactions: 5
Guys, guys - I just want to show off for a minute.
I'm on week 4 (this week) of Contrave and I have lost 6.3 kgs already.
It's cancelled ALL the food noise that is usually in my head, I don't think about food at all. I eat when I feel or think I should.
Side effects at the beginning I do not recommend.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So off topic (irony) but has anyone else invested themselves into finding information on the baby Ru case? It sadly seems like another tight-lipped don't speak no evidence get out of jail free card. Infuriating!
I just cannot believe they learnt nothing from the poor Kahui twins and are letting this happen again! Our f'n justice system makes me so wild!!! They need to grow some balls and charge the lot! Guarantee one will start talking if they think they might get blamed for it! 🤬🤬🤬

Reactions: 6
Guys, guys - I just want to show off for a minute.
I'm on week 4 (this week) of Contrave and I have lost 6.3 kgs already.
It's cancelled ALL the food noise that is usually in my head, I don't think about food at all. I eat when I feel or think I should.
Side effects at the beginning I do not recommend.
Thats awesome! Can I ask how much you are paying per month for it?

Reactions: 2
Oh also recommendations on good lunch boxes? My son starts school in the new year and would like a decent lunchbox with compartments. Weighing up between the bbox or gogreen.. ideally something that will also fit a whole apple!
Bbox are amazing! 11/10 recommend. I bought one for each of my kids (5 & 9) this term and got rid of the collection of Sistema ones that were never quite the right size. The sealed compartments keep things crunchy/ fresh and they fit a whole medium apple or pear in the compartment with a silicone lid as it stretches around the fruit 😊

Did you have to get a prescription?
Yes, I have tired all sorts but the food noise was always in my head- Kfc, butter chicken, Turkish just eat it!
But these drugs just cancel all the noise, I personally don't even think about food. Makes food shopping for my family difficult my husband has taken over. 🤭
But my asthma has improved which is why I asked for the drugs in the first place.

• Heart
Yes, I have tired all sorts but the food noise was always in my head- Kfc, butter chicken, Turkish just eat it!
But these drugs just cancel all the noise, I personally don't even think about food. Makes food shopping for my family difficult my husband has taken over. 🤭
But my asthma has improved which is why I asked for the drugs in the first place.
Sorry the only reason I asked was because my doctor wouldn’t prescribe anything I left crying. I will pay anything to just lose some weight.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Sorry the only reason I asked was because my doctor wouldn’t prescribe anything I left crying. I will pay anything to just lose some weight.
Does yours give you the old “just calories in and calories out” too? I had to end up seeing another nurse just to get any sort of traction for help with my weight.
I got offered duromine but I decided not to take it because the comments in the Simone thread about it making you crazy put me off 😂 plus it’s not really something we can afford atm.
If you can see someone else hopefully that can get you some help! I understand that’s not super helpful though, sorry. I just feel your pain having been there before.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Are you in auckland? The Macmurray centre prescribe Saxenda which is really effective
There’s another company in Wellington called Ashley Aesthetics and they do phone consultations too. I ended up switching drs because of this. It was the final straw as they were refusing treatment and medication for all sorts of issues.

• Sad
That sucks. I think I only got it is because I am in my 40's, overweight, MAORI with asthma with an emotional connection to food.
I am a diabetes situation waiting to happen! 🥶

• Heart
Does yours give you the old “just calories in and calories out” too? I had to end up seeing another nurse just to get any sort of traction for help with my weight.
I got offered duromine but I decided not to take it because the comments in the Simone thread about it making you crazy put me off 😂 plus it’s not really something we can afford atm.
If you can see someone else hopefully that can get you some help! I understand that’s not super helpful though, sorry. I just feel your pain having been there before.
From personal experience PLEASE stay away from Duromine!! Sorry my unsolicited advice that you absolutely do not ask for lol 😘

• Heart
Yes it’s prescribed

Your GP is a wanker, tbh change

There’s also another one that’s an injection starts with s and the names escaped me
---
Couple of friends who have had it say it’s not worth it

It’s a version of speed and was absolutely shocking with the side effects