New Baby & Post Birth Off Topic #2 Ffs Matthew, Grow Some Breasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rant incoming...

I said to OH to drop in baby's formula prescription on Wednesday of last week and he did it on Friday 🙄 Went to collect it today and the pharmacist said as Monday was a bank holiday they hadn't ordered it. Of course he forgot to tell me this so imagine my surprise when there was a knock at the door this evening and it was the pharmacist! Turns out that none of his suppliers can get hold of the formula and they think it'll be a couple of weeks before they'll get any more. He said I could take the script somewhere else and check to see if they had it in stock or he could contact the GP and see if they could change the formula for something else which he'll then order and get delivered ASAP. Annoyingly he said had it been dropped in on Wednesday he would have had the stock to give us 🤬 This now leaves us with enough formula for tomorrow and the option of giving wee man dairy and having him throw up every time or giving him soy and having him have chronic diarrhoea for the next week or so. OH was looking online to see where would be cheapest to buy the soy (apparently diarrhoea is preferable to vomit, especially when you aren't the one clearing either up) and it turns out that there is a supplier shortage across Europe and you can't get hold of it 🤦‍♀️ I will be spending the next couple of days wearing a black plastic sack as prevention against the exorcist projectile vomiting that will happen 😒 Of course none of this is OH's fault because he didn't know it was a bank holiday on Monday.

Fast forward to bedtime and wee man had been asleep in my arms for a good hour while we were watching TV. My pelvis has been playing up today so gave baby to OH to take upstairs so I could hold onto the banister. Off he trots and I hobble up afterwards after checking we're all locked up and stuff. Get to the bedroom and wee man was wide awake and on the verge of having a meltdown, OH was flossing his teeth. He never flosses his teeth. Went to pick up wee man to comfort him and he started screaming, there was no dummy in sight. OH still flossing ignored the baby's cries so I left wee man and hobbled downstairs in search of the dummy my OH had taken and forgotten what he'd done with it and grab a bottle to settle him. Got back upstairs and OH is getting ready for bed, leaving wee man to get increasingly upset and loud enough to wake up the toddler. I started to feed him and he was just starting to settle when OH snatched him off me muttering something about me getting ready for bed. I left him to it. Came back in the bedroom to find wee man unsettled and back in his cot, OH said he can settle himself and promptly went to sleep. Wee man is 10 weeks old, there's no way he's going to self soothe. Urgh! My OH has never been like this in the over 15 years we've been together. Since wee man's arrival, he's become selfish and unthoughtful and, at times, an absolute dick. He wasn't like this with our first. Other than trying to tell everyone he has PTSD from the birth and take away from everything I had been through, he was actually great.

Here endth the rant.
I'm livid on your behalf!! So many issues and all of them avoidable, I'm so sorry 😢 has the GP changed the prescription so you can get a different formula ASAP? I hope the formula you put him on in the meantime doesn't make him too unwell 😢 sorry for my ignorance but is there a non-dairy, non-soy option available over the counter anywhere so he doesn't struggle as much? I'm not sure if it's helpful or relevant but due to suspected CMPA we put baby bandit onto Aptamil Comfort for a few months while awaiting a paediatric assessment, it's partially hydrolysed so the proteins affect them less (he's now on Aptamil Pepti which is extensively hydrolysed due to CMPA).

I really hope you have a good night and can do something nice for yourself tomorrow because your OH has been an utter wankstain today!!

Reactions: 3
Rant incoming...

I said to OH to drop in baby's formula prescription on Wednesday of last week and he did it on Friday 🙄 Went to collect it today and the pharmacist said as Monday was a bank holiday they hadn't ordered it. Of course he forgot to tell me this so imagine my surprise when there was a knock at the door this evening and it was the pharmacist! Turns out that none of his suppliers can get hold of the formula and they think it'll be a couple of weeks before they'll get any more. He said I could take the script somewhere else and check to see if they had it in stock or he could contact the GP and see if they could change the formula for something else which he'll then order and get delivered ASAP. Annoyingly he said had it been dropped in on Wednesday he would have had the stock to give us 🤬 This now leaves us with enough formula for tomorrow and the option of giving wee man dairy and having him throw up every time or giving him soy and having him have chronic diarrhoea for the next week or so. OH was looking online to see where would be cheapest to buy the soy (apparently diarrhoea is preferable to vomit, especially when you aren't the one clearing either up) and it turns out that there is a supplier shortage across Europe and you can't get hold of it 🤦‍♀️ I will be spending the next couple of days wearing a black plastic sack as prevention against the exorcist projectile vomiting that will happen 😒 Of course none of this is OH's fault because he didn't know it was a bank holiday on Monday.

Fast forward to bedtime and wee man had been asleep in my arms for a good hour while we were watching TV. My pelvis has been playing up today so gave baby to OH to take upstairs so I could hold onto the banister. Off he trots and I hobble up afterwards after checking we're all locked up and stuff. Get to the bedroom and wee man was wide awake and on the verge of having a meltdown, OH was flossing his teeth. He never flosses his teeth. Went to pick up wee man to comfort him and he started screaming, there was no dummy in sight. OH still flossing ignored the baby's cries so I left wee man and hobbled downstairs in search of the dummy my OH had taken and forgotten what he'd done with it and grab a bottle to settle him. Got back upstairs and OH is getting ready for bed, leaving wee man to get increasingly upset and loud enough to wake up the toddler. I started to feed him and he was just starting to settle when OH snatched him off me muttering something about me getting ready for bed. I left him to it. Came back in the bedroom to find wee man unsettled and back in his cot, OH said he can settle himself and promptly went to sleep. Wee man is 10 weeks old, there's no way he's going to self soothe. Urgh! My OH has never been like this in the over 15 years we've been together. Since wee man's arrival, he's become selfish and unthoughtful and, at times, an absolute dick. He wasn't like this with our first. Other than trying to tell everyone he has PTSD from the birth and take away from everything I had been through, he was actually great.

Here endth the rant.
Oh my love, all of this is the pits. Wonder if with a bit of ringing round to other pharmacies you could find out who has the formula you need. Our local pharmacy would regularly put the prescription back on The Spine so we could get the formula from another pharmacy- even if they don’t have the right quantity they can write you an IOU

As for the rest of your husband’s behaviour ☹ I’m sorry he’s being like this, is your toddler a boy or a girl? Think I heard of men being a bit harsher on boys before…. Not sure if it starts this early though ☹

Reactions: 2
I'm livid on your behalf!! So many issues and all of them avoidable, I'm so sorry 😢 has the GP changed the prescription so you can get a different formula ASAP? I hope the formula you put him on in the meantime doesn't make him too unwell 😢 sorry for my ignorance but is there a non-dairy, non-soy option available over the counter anywhere so he doesn't struggle as much? I'm not sure if it's helpful or relevant but due to suspected CMPA we put baby bandit onto Aptamil Comfort for a few months while awaiting a paediatric assessment, it's partially hydrolysed so the proteins affect them less (he's now on Aptamil Pepti which is extensively hydrolysed due to CMPA).

I really hope you have a good night and can do something nice for yourself tomorrow because your OH has been an utter wankstain today!!
We have to wait to hear today if the GP changes the formula. We've been waiting to see the dietitian to get a different formula as the one he has still isn't quite right for him. He currently has Nutramigen, which is a hydrolysed formula, I hadn't appreciated you could get them in store. He won't be able to have the Aptamil, he had that before and it made him sick, but the SMA Comfort looks like a good bet as it doesn't have the fish oil in it which I think made him sick before. Have checked and it's available in store so OH can grab that on his way home from dropping off the toddler at preschool. Hopefully he'll be okay with that while we wait on the new script 🤞

OH is still in a grump this morning so here goes for another rocky day. Hopefully toddler won't come home from preschool having been told off again 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh my love, all of this is the pits. Wonder if with a bit of ringing round to other pharmacies you could find out who has the formula you need. Our local pharmacy would regularly put the prescription back on The Spine so we could get the formula from another pharmacy- even if they don’t have the right quantity they can write you an IOU

As for the rest of your husband’s behaviour ☹ I’m sorry he’s being like this, is your toddler a boy or a girl? Think I heard of men being a bit harsher on boys before…. Not sure if it starts this early though ☹
The only other pharmacy counter near us is in our small local Boots. The pharmacist said that they share suppliers so if they don't have stock, they wouldn't be able to get any either. I tried the Boots in the past and they said they don't keep it stock and have to order in so knew that wouldn't work. I also didn't want to be the one to have to call the GP because it is absolutely impossible to get to speak to someone. He said that he'd go over and explain everything first thing today so hopefully he'll get a new script straight away and we'll be able to pick up the new formula at the end of the week.

We have two boys. Toddler is fully in the midst of being a threenager. He got told off at preschool for punching a kid (admittedly the kid pushed him over so wasn't completely unprovoked) and got told off again for not listening and being rude and stubborn. He's been like it at home too and I'm always the one that has to discipline him and talk to him about stuff because my OH doesn't have the patience. That's fine but struggling with hormonal imbalance so really hard to keep a check on my own rage. ☹

• Heart
Having a nearly six month old is so fun! Especially the part where she rips 50 wipes from the packet, shits on the changing mat and then grips the wipe packet with such strength that you begin to question whether or not she is Dwayne the Rock Johnson.
Changing time is so much fun. Even better when the nappy is off & they decide to run off with their naked little ass hanging out 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Managed to get formula for wee man and have been giving it him alongside his prescription formula. So far he's been sick after each bottle but not quite exorcist style like before. OH is checking in with pharmacist on the way to pick up the toddler from preschool. He also apologised for last night. Said he was tired and just wanted to go to sleep so just left me to it with wee man 🙄

Thanks so much for the kind words and advice earlier, I really appreciate it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Wee man has been prescribed Aptamil Pepti and OH was able to collect it on the way back from preschool pick up. Baby is not a fan, me either as it absolutely stinks. Hopefully it won't make him sick and hopefully we'll get the dietitian appointment soon 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Wee man has been prescribed Aptamil Pepti and OH was able to collect it on the way back from preschool pick up. Baby is not a fan, me either as it absolutely stinks. Hopefully it won't make him sick and hopefully we'll get the dietitian appointment soon 🤞
It's not the nicest is it 😅 baby bandit didn't like it either but adding dentinox helped as it masked the flavour, then we tapered off how much we were putting in. I'm glad you got something even though it's not what you should be having!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I bought a load of Alpro growing up milk for TF after our dietician call the other week and all I can say is that it should be called throwing up milk because that’s all she did after having some ☹ and I bought looooaddsss so hoping I can find my receipts. FML.

• Sad
I bought a load of Alpro growing up milk for TF after our dietician call the other week and all I can say is that it should be called throwing up milk because that’s all she did after having some ☹ and I bought looooaddsss so hoping I can find my receipts. FML.
Poor little TF ☹ which one did you get? My toddler had issues with soy (gave him explosive diarrhoea) so we started on the oat and then followed the ladder to re-introduce soy. I find them both way too sweet and flipping expensive so he has the same milk as me.

There's a lady on Instagram, plantbasedkids.uk, that has done a bunch of comparison posts on non-dairy milks as well as posts about what to look for when shopping for plant based milks and yoghurts, that would be worthwhile checking out.

Poor little TF ☹ which one did you get? My toddler had issues with soy (gave him explosive diarrhoea) so we started on the oat and then followed the ladder to re-introduce soy. I find them both way too sweet and flipping expensive so he has the same milk as me.

There's a lady on Instagram, plantbasedkids.uk, that has done a bunch of comparison posts on non-dairy milks as well as posts about what to look for when shopping for plant based milks and yoghurts, that would be worthwhile checking out.
Thank you - I bought both! Used them in tandem really - the soy made her poo absolutely 🤢 and the oat makes her chuck!
Yes I follow her too… I’ll take a look but tbh I wonder if it’s the added vitamins making TF poorly as I am v sensitive to strong doses of vitamins too. Thing is, TF usually just has Oatley (the dark blue one) or Minor Figures and she’s absolutely FINE. Kids milk is a ruse, man.

Thank you - I bought both! Used them in tandem really - the soy made her poo absolutely 🤢 and the oat makes her chuck!
Yes I follow her too… I’ll take a look but tbh I wonder if it’s the added vitamins making TF poorly as I am v sensitive to strong doses of vitamins too. Thing is, TF usually just has Oatley (the dark blue one) or Minor Figures and she’s absolutely FINE. Kids milk is a ruse, man.
Oh man ☹ Hope you find the receipt as the Alpro is so expensive. We get our plant based milk from Aldi.

How come the dietician recommended having the Alpro if she was okay with the other milks? If it's because of the added vitamins, I'm surprised they didn't just recommend a liquid supplement instead.

• Heart
ALPRO isn’t tolerated here for oat milk. Waitrose/Tesco own brands and oatly are the preferred.

Oh man ☹ Hope you find the receipt as the Alpro is so expensive. We get our plant based milk from Aldi.

How come the dietician recommended having the Alpro if she was okay with the other milks? If it's because of the added vitamins, I'm surprised they didn't just recommend a liquid supplement instead.
It was just a big group NHS dietician call like “we recommend these milks because of the fat content” but yeah I’ve spent a whack for something that makes her really poorly so I’m miffed.

I can see why so many people split up or have marriage trouble with little ones. I am becoming so angry towards my husband it’s driving me nuts. I’ve started to outright call it now though, obviously I’m the only person in the family without a coat or a cardigan and just keep saying “well I packed for 3 people for this holiday so I was bound to forget something, at least it was only for Mel to drive the point home that I am shouldering much more than he is. Even in the hotel room it’s a mess and I’m the only one trying to keep it tidy. He’s so lazy, even when feeding the girls, always the easiest option. Didn’t get TF’s bib on her this morning for breakfast, so when I asked her if she wanted some beans she said yes but because I then had to get her bib on her she had a meltdown and then didn’t want anything more to eat. Feel like he’s so unhelpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
ALPRO isn’t tolerated here for oat milk. Waitrose/Tesco own brands and oatly are the preferred.
So interesting that so many people are finding this! I've been trying baby bandit on Alpro toddler oat milk while I wait for his dietician appointment and it seems to be affecting his tummy - my husband bought some Lidl unsweetened oat milk and I checked this morning and it has added vitamins so I think I'll give his tummy a break and then try that instead. He starts nursery next week so I guess they can join me on the journey of discovery at what he tolerates and what he doesn't 🥴

• Heart
So interesting that so many people are finding this! I've been trying baby bandit on Alpro toddler oat milk while I wait for his dietician appointment and it seems to be affecting his tummy - my husband bought some Lidl unsweetened oat milk and I checked this morning and it has added vitamins so I think I'll give his tummy a break and then try that instead. He starts nursery next week so I guess they can join me on the journey of discovery at what he tolerates and what he doesn't 🥴
Yes that’s the one - that’s interesting baby bandit also not happy with this milk. Hope his nursery settling in goes well xx

• Heart
It was just a big group NHS dietician call like “we recommend these milks because of the fat content” but yeah I’ve spent a whack for something that makes her really poorly so I’m miffed.

I can see why so many people split up or have marriage trouble with little ones. I am becoming so angry towards my husband it’s driving me nuts. I’ve started to outright call it now though, obviously I’m the only person in the family without a coat or a cardigan and just keep saying “well I packed for 3 people for this holiday so I was bound to forget something, at least it was only for Mel to drive the point home that I am shouldering much more than he is. Even in the hotel room it’s a mess and I’m the only one trying to keep it tidy. He’s so lazy, even when feeding the girls, always the easiest option. Didn’t get TF’s bib on her this morning for breakfast, so when I asked her if she wanted some beans she said yes but because I then had to get her bib on her she had a meltdown and then didn’t want anything more to eat. Feel like he’s so unhelpful.
It causes more stress in the short term but I've found that explicitly saying "you haven't helped enough and therefore xyz has happened" is the only way to get through to my husband sometimes - if I try dropping hints like "I couldn't do that because I was so busy and stressed getting everything ready for our day out all on my own" he just doesn't notice. But calmly saying later (when I'm no longer infuriated 😅) "I was really stressed and disappointed this morning because I was struggling to get everything ready and you didn't help at all - and I shouldn't have to ask you to help, you should notice how busy and overwhelmed I am and offer to help" gets the message across and may lead to some huffing and puffing initially but generally I've found he then reflects on it and helps more after that. Solidarity though because I've been there and it's crappy!!
---
Yes that’s the one - that’s interesting baby bandit also not happy with this milk. Hope his nursery settling in goes well xx
Thank you ❤ he's got his one year jabs this Friday and is already absolutely fuming about a molar coming through and is the most temperamental and clingy he's ever been....so I'm not anticipating a good few days 😅 stopping the oat milk should help though, I've only been giving him some with one meal a day but he keeps arching his back and crying if I try to sit him down/change him and fidgeting uncomfortably all day and night, so hopefully when he stops that I'll just have all the other issues to deal with 🙃

When we saw the dietician she basically said anything with added vitamins are a winner but anything they’ll drink.
Good luck with nursery! xx

• Heart
When we saw the dietician she basically said anything with added vitamins are a winner but anything they’ll drink.
Good luck with nursery! xx
Thank you! I'm hoping nursery may help a bit with suggestions for different foods/milks to help his tummy as they'll have dealt with CMPA and babies with tricky digestion before!

The osteopath recommended goats milk to us, we haven’t tried it yet though and we’ve just started on the alpro growing up milk because he seems quite constipated again so she said it could be from the milk. He’s only having 1 bottle a day then milk at breakfast with cereal.